Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Please fix or remove: Cait Sith avatar aura

the avatar aura effect, which looks ok on the other summons because they're larger / don't have any really thin body parts like cait sith's tail, looks HORRID on Cait sith (And note, the caits do not have this aura in any of the cutscenes they appear in)

The pixels on the aura effect are gigantic and add this gigantic blocky mess around her tiny body. Could you please either:

1) adjust this effect for the Cait Sith avatar so that it doesn't look so blocky/terribad; or
    2) remove the effect entirely, which would be acceptable because again, the caits don't have this effect in the WOTG cutscenes.
    (6)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes please. I love the avatar glows, but Cait Sith's definitely needs to be dialed back a bit.
    (1)

All the avatar glows looks terrible when you jack up the resolution. It only looks like it is supposed to if you run the game at 640x480.

I think the aura effect should be improved for every glowing object.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    All the avatar glows looks terrible when you jack up the resolution. It only looks like it is supposed to if you run the game at 640x480.

its true, but it looks so much worse on cait sith because of her size and shape. On the celestial avatars it looks acceptable because they're much larger compared to the effect.
    (0)

I support this. When I look at cait sith I have to double check I am not losing my vision.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Ugh id have to go back to 640x480 to get the normal glows back? Ive been hating the jaggy edges of avatar glow for a while now but at one point they looked perfectly fine. I had read they changed glows because it was affecting peoples performance awhile back but i wasnt sure. On Cait sith tho it is so much worse due to skinny avatar syndrome. I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing it.
    (0)

I'm not sure what you think of as normal glows, but I've never had "smooth" glows ever since I started in 2005, except when I tested it out in low res.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Ive played on all three places ps2 360 and pc. Im pretty sure the glow was normal for ps2 and 360 and i swear for a while on pc i had regular glow as well. but it changed at some point. but i also changed PCs at one point so it could have been then when it changed for me.
    (0)

Might also just be that I'm picker when it comes to what i call good graphics
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

i think the aura effect should be removed from all Summons/Avatars for the sake of lag reducement when 20+ SMN are on the screen ¬.¬
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast