Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I do realize that redoing the UI is a pretty big undertaking; That being said, game content has actually been getting updated rather fast lately, I would wish for some priority adjustment to this, it seems to me like there is some room to spend time on it given the current state of game updates.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The new UI offers minimal benefits and requires a lot of Dev time. I hope they put it off indefinitely.
    (4)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Why? The game and it's HUD on all platforms could use a facelift.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    The game and it's HUD on all platforms could use a facelift.
    But the new UI is PC only.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I know which kind of sucks.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    The new UI offers minimal benefits and requires a lot of Dev time. I hope they put it off indefinitely.
    It might offer minimal benefits *to you*, but it offers many benefits to me and I hope they prioritize it. We've been getting frequent updates lately and I'm sure that it could have more time invested in it without substantially compromising upcoming updates.

We all might be used to the current UI after 11 years, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws, including a major lack of freedom to customize, one of the major deficiencies the new UI intends to address. The standard UI is also microscopic at high resolutions making it hard to read all the stuff that it jams in the corners of the screen. The UI scaling option they added helps, but it results in horrendous pixelation because the UI graphics weren't made at a high resolution.

Another thing that drives me batty sometimes is how the command menu blocks the compass, day, weather, and time displays. On the new UI you can simply move either display out of the way. In short, freedom rules the day.

Having tried it, the thing I like the most is being able to keep the magic, WS and/or ability menus on screen and not having to see them keep popping open and closed as you select things. Same goes for being able to keep the inventory or status screens visible while you're doing things as well. Don't forget the second log window either.
    Why? The game and it's HUD on all platforms could use a facelift.
    While it's possible it might be made available on the xbox (though I doubt it), the new UI allows multiple windows to be open at once and thus requires more memory, something the PS2 version just doesn't have in abundance, so it's only going to be on the PC. The current UI was made with the console versions in mind anyway, since it came out on console first.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-27-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Didn't they say the new UI would support modding by the community? That would allow it to become something like an official version of Windower, with user-generated plugins. They've already been gradually adding features the community has been providing on their own, finally, like AH price history when an item is being sold (not as good as just examining it in the treasure pool, and you don't get Bazaar pricing, but still, better than what we have had officially). Still waiting on the floating minimap like XIV has...
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're probably thinking of FFXIV, which will have an addon API eventually. I don't think they've ever said anything about mod support in XI, and despite the new UI I doubt they would on "fairness with the other platforms" grounds, even though they've all but acknowledged that a large portion of their PC users are using various tools.
    (0)

Player
    I remember talks of being able to make add-ons for it.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Oh I know they probably won't update the UI/HUD for the consol versions but I've seen better looking stuff at the end of the PS2's life span than what we are stuck with.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast