Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Mikinaak, Bokwus, Manibozho armor sets.

Dear SE,

would it be possible to add further mezzotinting upgrades to these armor sets, to increase them to ilevel 117~ ?

I put around 20 million gil of airlixirs into upgrading various pieces from these three sets, and this was less than a year ago. Since the airlixir system is still in use in current content, and these are not ancient armors but quite recent really, I would like to be able to bring them up to at least the level of sparks armors.

If I had known that they would be stuck at level 110, or had known you planned to increase the cap to 119+, I would probably not have put 20m airlixirs into these armors. But I don't mind the gil so much, it is just that I like the stats and appearance of these armor sets a lot. Yes, I could wear them outside higher level armors using the /lockstyle option, but since they have good stats and I invested my airlixir+2s in them I would like to use them as more than a costume.

Many people I have spoken to agree that these are some of their favourite armors both in appearance and stats (for some slots). It is a shame that they are still level 110 when the delve system is still part of the current game.

If you can't add a way to upgrade them, that is OK. I will still use them as lvl 110 pieces, because I think they are very good armors and I have enjoyed using them immensely.

This is not a complaint thread! I think the improvements you have made to the game recently are excellant, and the game is more fun to play than ever. I am just wondering if you will allow us to upgrade these very fine armors to the same level as sparks armors. Thankyou again for the many improvements you've made to the game in the past year.

(7)

Player
    I agree, and yet disagree.

I will agree it would be nice to see higher level versions of these pieces or the ability to upgrade them further, I especially think this should be done because of the fact we didn't get direct upgrades with the new Delve and thus they are still unique pieces of gear unlike Skirmish!

That being said, they're by no means weak pieces of gear still. Many of the Heavy DD pieces have a use, the Hands are for WS if done with the STR Path, the Feet are amazing for TPing on certain jobs due to the Store TP & don't fall behind because of the STR Path, the body still remains a powerful Accuracy piece, the mage set still has Magic Accuracy covered for a lot of slots and are often second best to hard to obtain top tier 119 pieces such as the Body, Legs, and Feet.

So, I neither completely think this has to be done or is very important to do, but at the same time, I would like to see it, and were it done you would hear no complaints for me except that I just dropped my Bokwus Boots 3~4 days ago and would be a bit annoyed at the loss.
    (5)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I agree, and yet disagree.

I will agree it would be nice to see higher level versions of these pieces or the ability to upgrade them further, I especially think this should be done because of the fact we didn't get direct upgrades with the new Delve and thus they are still unique pieces of gear unlike Skirmish!

That being said, they're by no means weak pieces of gear still. Many of the Heavy DD pieces have a use, the Hands are for WS if done with the STR Path, the Feet are amazing for TPing on certain jobs due to the Store TP & don't fall behind because of the STR Path, the body still remains a powerful Accuracy piece, the mage set still has Magic Accuracy covered for a lot of slots and are often second best to hard to obtain top tier 119 pieces such as the Body, Legs, and Feet.

So, I neither completely think this has to be done or is very important to do, but at the same time, I would like to see it, and were it done you would hear no complaints for me except that I just dropped my Bokwus Boots 3~4 days ago and would be a bit annoyed at the loss.
    Yes the stats on the sets are still useful today, I just think the pieces could use the extra defense, evasion etc that lvl 117 armors have. An increase from 110-117 would mean I could use these armors without making our Whm panic so much lol...
    (5)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm expecting a similar restructuring for Delve like with what happened to the WKRs...

Maybe even as soon as the large April update...
    But probably more inline with May at the earliest.

EDIT: for clarity... I expect them to add 119 drops to the buy list and old areas and add an extra drop slot, just like how they restructured WKRs.... though TBH, I'd rather them just change the item data for the original delve if they are going to update... it seems like that would be an easier/faster update... and without the item bloat... (though with that, they wouldn't change the augment paths... and I think that's just fine.)
    (1)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 03-22-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Player
    I actually really like that idea. Selling new Mikinaak gear for instance but named differently with the same stats and augment paths, but the base gear upgraded to 119 and upgrading the NMs to 119 too would be a nice step.
    (1)

I'd like to see this.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html