Character
    Ninster
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95

Skilling up to catch up

I've just now hit lvl 95 thanks to an Abyssea party tonight, and I'm looking at taking a moment to catch up my skills that are floating somewhere around the lvl 66 cap at worst and lvl 75 cap at best. I tried Cape Teriggan and things went pretty slow, so where can I go from here without completely whiffing on mobs?

EDIT: Sorry guys, was late when I typed this up. I meant that I'm doing okay on the Cape Teriggan mobs accuracy-wise, but skill-ups were few and far between. So what I'm asking for is where the next areas I could go to that would be a step-up in level but not so much that I can't hit anything?
    (0)
    Last edited by Ninster; 03-21-2014 at 02:52 AM. Reason: clarification

You shouldn't whiff too bad on cape teriggan mobs if you are lv95, due to level correction. If it is a problem, you could try to find more acc gear to put on, as well as perhaps eating sushi. You might also want to move into kuftal tunnel. Mobs are slightly lower level there, and ground of valor might give you accuracy and skillup prowess.
    (0)

If you search Grounds Tome on the wiki page you will find there are a lot of areas to pick from. One area is Bostaunieux Oubliette Page 3, target level 56~63, max level 99, 5 Hound family members, 1 Haunt, 1430-2860 exp/gil per page, 143-286 tabs.

Doing pages you can get to 99 and skill up.
    (0)

Character
    Ninster
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    I reworded my post to clarify what I meant, sorry guys. Still, I'll try a couple of different areas and see if I strike gold.

As far as being more specific, probably my biggest pain the tail is going to be my shield skill.

Club 222
    Staff 230
    Shield 189
    Evasion 199
    Healing 315
    Divine 250
    Enhancing 275
    Enfeebling 232

I have a ton of patience for things most people don't, so I'm sure enhancing and healing won't be too much of an issue for me to cap out at this level, but everything else I'm bracing for a grind.
    (0)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Club and Staff will be the usual skill grind on whatever is handy with a lot of defense and low evasion, your Evasion skill will probably come with this too. Healing and Enhancing, I'm told, can be easily leveled on an NPC. Divine and Enfeebling can be done on any Aby worms, and does come fairly fast. Shield is always going to be the pain in the backside, you might try mandies with your back to a wall.
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I capped all my combat skills on Bats in Fei'Yin. They are right next to the Home Point. The best part is that they don't link or agro. Depending on what you are trying to skill, I usually pull out Kupipi (Cherukiki has haste and may be a better choice now), Trion, and Joachim (again Ulmia is know to cast double March so she is probably the better choice). Advice to cap Healing, In the same area there are ghosts, make a macro like so
    {/ma "Cure" <t>} and just let Trion take the heat. By using your Healing Magic offensively, you'll see quick skill ups.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Sorry for the double post, as far as Shield goes, You best bet is to equip full PDT gear and equip a buckler and let the mandys in Abby desert have at you. Just watch out for the NM. I did this on PLD. Sorry I don't have more exact information as far as flux goes and the names of mobs. I capped it a long while ago.
    (1)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Healing skills can efficiently be skilled up by curebombing undeads, that's what I did, at least. There are some skeletons that can reach level 99 in abyssea grauberg. The final stretch of skill ups will be kind of slow, but it's not that big an issue if you are a bit below cap on healing.
    (1)

Character
    Zijder
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I did healing in two sessions (maybe about 6+ hours total) from 200-something to cap by spamming cure on a trust npc. I bought the Temachtiani set with sparks (gloves and body are magic skill up +1), got Ionis for its skill up buff and went to an out of the way place in Adoulin so as not to annoy people with my constant casting (theres a nice mob-free out of the way place by biv #3 in Marjami Ravine). I also put a big dent in my enhancing doing the same thing.

I capped my shield on Pld pulling all the mandys at flux 8 in Aby- Misareaux Coast; with phalanx up they could barely hurt me and it went insanely fast (lv ~80 skill to 99 in minutes instead of hours). It may be harder to do on whm but if you have a buddy to cure bomb you or only pull a handful you'll be capped in no time.
    (0)