Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bards are underrated

IMO, one of the *BEST* support-role jobs in abyssea! Carols turn super annoying NM's into pesky flys, mambo's make them whiffing-machines, and march makes everyone love you! And who doesn't love those threnody yellow-procs?

It makes me slightly sad inside that when I finally got it leveled it started overshadowing all my other jobs in terms of usefulness... nobody wants my monk anymore, they just want more bard
    (0)

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They're not needed though. Hopefully more content will be added that makes BRD a must-have job.

As for Threnody procs, you can just have a BLM sub BRD, Elemental Seal+Threnody is much more reliable than trying to spam it until it sticks.
    (0)

I have yet to see a BLM sub BRD that can make threnody stick, even with Elemental Seal. On the other hand, I have yet to see a mob resist threnodies when on BRD main. Play the job well and you can get stellar results. Sadly few can from my experience.
    (0)

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The whole BLM/BRD thing works but that's usually because most of the BRD's now level in Abyssea and their skills are worthless.

I was lucky I was a brd long before this abyssea crap came out so my skills were capped and then when I returned I leveled outside of Abyssea until 85-90 and then after I hit 90 and merited out I went to Sea and skilled up on those Dolphin things for a few hours.

Sadly not everyone actually caps their skills anymore, but if they did they would be able to hit a target in 1 or 2 shots rather then having them "Spam" a mob in hopes of hitting it.
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Character
    Niniann
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by darkShirou View Post
    I have yet to see a BLM sub BRD that can make threnody stick, even with Elemental Seal. On the other hand, I have yet to see a mob resist threnodies when on BRD main. Play the job well and you can get stellar results. Sadly few can from my experience.
    I've seen BLMs stick threnodies with ES all the time. And this argument is more of a, "why bring a BRD when you can have a BLM instead". BRD is still a great job, but if I was bringing, say, 4 people to go farm +1 seal mats, I would choose a BLM/BRD over a BRD simply because it gives me everything I need.
    (0)

That confuses me. I capped my BRD skills *IN* abyssea, from 75-90, in regular exp parties. It's much more reliable and much faster. Frankly, there are no mobs in sea that you can skill up on at those levels, and the goldfish (I'm assuming you're talking about Hpemde mobs) are only level 77 at max.
    (0)

Character
    Vlorsutes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    My Abyssea group on some days will only run with 5 people (we've got two other players as well, but sometimes work and school interferes with their playtime). On those days, for a quick and reliable seal/+2 item farming, we'll have our Mnk as the tank/dd, the Thf who is /nin for the majority of the possible ninjutsu spells, the Whm for healing and the Divine spells for light proc, a Blm/Brd to cover the whole Black Magic line as well as Threnody, and myself on Blu to cover the Blue Magic spells. We'll leave the threnody for the last possible proc since that's going to be limited to when Elemental Seal is up, but outside of mobs that are just flat out immune to spells of that element, I've yet to see a circumstance where Elemental Seal + Threnody gets resisted.
    (0)

Character
    Foxthesly
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 93
    I've done it a few times, never had a resist (with ES, that is).
    (0)
    Last edited by FoxtheSly; 03-08-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    and without Ele Seal? I'm exping BLU cause ours mini static need it but im usually on BRD (its my main since 2002).
    BLU/BRD is a viable choice?
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

No not really. It's possible to land it with 3 macc atma and ascetics drink, but generally not worth it. Just have your BLM sub bard.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast