Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Aena
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Urgh, I had tried to help a friend proc yellow on Koios in Abyssea - Altepa, and happened to be on BRD/NIN at the time (popped an Ascetic's tonic, alllllmost capped skills)... the only thing that would stick with all my spamming was Earth Threnody, for obvious reasons... but on second thought, maybe I forgot to put on any magic accuracy atma? Next time, I came back BLM/BRD for more chances at getting yellow, and Elemental Seal + Ice Threnody stuck with absolutely no problem. I did pack on tons of magic accuracy that time for sure, but it still says a fulltime BRD isn't needed in a large number of situations. Our linkshell hesitates to bring players on BRD rather than other jobs, unless an NM really calls for Carols. I enjoy BRD outside of Abyssea (especially in Dynamis), but at least the way we run things, goofing off on another job while a mule handles threnodies just seems like it would be much more appealing on runs. Otherwise, I just feel like I'm converted into a back-up healer most of the time if I go BRD.
    (0)

Character
    Teakwood
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I started off as a career BLM, switched to career BRD as soon as I hit 75 with it and enjoyed the game a -lot- more, and now I've switched back to BLM now that Abyssea is out. I go BLM/BRD a lot - it's damn near impossible to land Threnodies without ES, but you generally only need to land one every ten minutes anyway.

I'd love for BRD to be relevant again, but I don't really see it being relevant in XP parties in Abyssea (since the BRD buffs are unnecessary compared to the buffs from Atma), and I only see it being relevant in outside-Abyssea events inasmuch as the outside-Abyssea events are made relevant again by SE's content updates. (Which is what I'm hoping for; in the meantime I'm enjoying BLM again for the first time in years, so I'm not unhappy.)

It's a crying shame that we finally got movement speed boots at the precise time when we didn't terribly need them anymore, though
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Scherzo. Nuff said.
    (0)

requiem is resisted by EVERY single nm and its the most useless spell brd have...
    I disagree, with any DoT spells it all adds up and prevents mobs from regen if you lose hate for a short period of time
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by GERM View Post
    I disagree, with any DoT spells it all adds up and prevents mobs from regen if you lose hate for a short period of time
    true. but it get resisted, so nothing to do about it :P
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Your right it does get resisted and that I think is why I originally made the comment, its because its always resisted and it sucks since its a DoT and DoT's are very useful for instance that megaworm mikey wiki states it can be soloes by any job that DoT's, this is not true since BRD can DoT but it will probably never stick (not saying it would be efficient but if I had the time saved up from a party and wanted to burn some time down instead of wasting it).. Its more or less I just wanted to SqEnix to look into that and see if they could work on it since I have limited things I can do as a BRD and keeping DoT was always something that kept me entertained during fights as a BRD in a pt..
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

bard is an awesome job, it gets alot of love from other players, mostly because it's such a pain in the butt to play that other players will never do it. what those other players refuse to understand is that the reason bard is such a pain to play IS the other players! noone will maintain position so you can use songs efficiently, they all want songs that are really only of benefit to them-not the party, they don't know the best song for the situation but insist that you double-march them when what they realy need is Scherzo>>Mambo, we're expected to work 3 times as hard as the other jobs getting off 3 sets of songs while pulling and sleeping everything and they still complain that we are too slow. Unfortunately, SE made the proper response to that kind of party (pull a HUMONGOUS group of mobs, horde lullaby, drop party and warp out leaving them to deal with it on their own) a serious no-no as an MPK.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    I go BLM/BRD a lot - it's damn near impossible to land Threnodies without ES, but you generally only need to land one every ten minutes anyway.
    I disagree. I go bst/brd all the time with my LS in Abyssea in our pet kill build and never have any problem landing threnody. The problem is landing it in between mob casts or TP moves to get the proc, particularily on Iron giants with bard's horrific cast times.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Brd is like rdm, nice, but totally unnecessary.

You don't need slow II or elegy for example for anything in abyssea. The carols are nice, but not warrant of having someone come bard over another job, unless they have an absolute crap job selection.

Most of the time, people just go w/ the bare minimum needed, which leaves a lot of the jobs that used to be on top on the back burner.
    (0)

You don't need slow II or elegy for example for anything in abyssea. The carols are nice, but not warrant of having someone come bard over another job, unless they have an absolute crap job selection.
    True at this point in time but doing MegaBoss fights where your pretty much relying on one person to tank while your waiting for procs its nice to have elergy as well as carol II if you have them ..

Maybe SqEnix will come up with some other nice things to do in abyssea or even outside it that will require the use of the jobs left behind in abyssea's general farming parties
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast