Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninian View Post
    They're not needed though. Hopefully more content will be added that makes BRD a must-have job.

As for Threnody procs, you can just have a BLM sub BRD, Elemental Seal+Threnody is much more reliable than trying to spam it until it sticks.
    Bards were never really a must have job outside of zerging(maybe). I have done plenty of the end game content without them but its obviously much easier and faster with them. This applies to Abyssea as well.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I love my bard. I love the fact that I don't have to be a refresh whore in Abyssea. I love that I can actually BUFF my mages in addition to my melee when rummaging through shit as a single party. I'm loving the ability to utilize different songs that normally never got sung because of the 'omg only enhance this always' norm.

I don't like the fact that nobody normally includes a BRD for anything unless the BLM they currently have doesn't have BRD available to sub, but that's why I love having a group of friends to do stuff with all the time.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    what i really hate is when grellow is an element the nm is nearly immune...and its brd XD
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Foxthesly
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 93
    I'm not sure if I've ever procced grellow on BRD or even seen it...

/think
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxtheSly View Post
    I'm not sure if I've ever procced grellow on BRD or even seen it...

/think
    did it lots of time...sure its rare...like nin spell...but it seems to happen to me alot when mob is immune to some element...like dark on durinn or earth on ulhduashi XD
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Bards were never really a must have job outside of zerging(maybe). I have done plenty of the end game content without them but its obviously much easier and faster with them. This applies to Abyssea as well.
    They were never a must have, no, but they could allow you to do things faster and/or with less people. With everything being easily lowmanned now, bringing a brd actually requires an extra person, and since kill speed is usually based almost entirely on how fast you can proc !!s, the extra damage doesn't really matter either.
    (0)

NMs like Amarok are almost impossible to hit with Threnody as a Bard even with MAcc gear. Luckily, I've never been in a fight with it that had Threnody as a Yellow !! weakness.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

BRD will always be the first job I level cap with since its been 75, because everyone wants it in an experience party but no need for it when it comes to low manning anything. I have been resisted everytime I subbed /BRD (I haven't fought every NM in abyssea but the ones I have). ES + Threondy is the only way to stick something as a sub BRD has C skills and so as a /brd your not going to get procs without it most of the time. Im not quite capped on skills but I have noticed that Requiem is resisted an A LOT on NM's that and elergy. This isn't just worms Im talking about I have fought a lot of different mobs in abyssea and it is terrible not being able to land a DoT on a NM.
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    requiem is resisted by EVERY single nm and its the most useless spell brd have...

as for elegy, i only get resist by the NM immune to that spell and i have a nice chr/mac setup and usually use at least a superior mac atma, sometimes two...
    (0)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personally, I'm looking forward to a level 3 March and Massacre Elegy in future updates!
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast