Threaded View

Character
    Mikkel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

R.E.M.

We were asked to go out and test our weapons at 119 before creating a fuss over their upgraded versions... So, this post will mostly be about Twashtar's performance at 119.

It took me about 2 months to get it from 99->119. I wasnt in a rush after seeing its low base dmg, but i figured even though it didnt seem very appealing anymore i spent way too much time and gil making it to not finish.

Conclusion- I'm extremely disappointed in its performance. I didnt expect it to blow away our new dagger options, but I did expect it to be competitive... Its really not.

If Rudra's storm is not forced to crit its extremely weak to begin with, so its not something i can spam for aftermath. Seeing how i use it mainly on DNC, im forced to save 300% tp for climatic flourish every 90 secs to maintain aftermath. I say 'forced' because I absolutely must keep AM3 up 100% of the time for Twash to be worth equiping at all. As a weapon used on Dual Weilding jobs its 50% ODD is really only a 25%~ ODD bc it doesnt proc on sub hand. Which then makes Twash's avg Dmg with AM3 up 100% of time jump from 89 to that of a 111~dmg dagger... BUT only for melee swings. So why put in the extra work into making and using Twash over using a Vanir Knife (base dmg 111) or Iziikoh (base dmg 108)? The aftermath is not even making up for the lost DPS from needing to save 300%tp and then having to WS with such a low base dmg.

So my question for the Dev team is... What is Twashtar's advantage? and since i'm sure this issue extends to other REM weapons I'd like to know if there are any plans to make small tweaks to their performance in the future?

I feel like there wasnt much consideration for the Jobs that use each weapon for front line jobs in relation to how they'd perform.

If adjusting the base dmg is out of the question, would it be possible to make the aftermath function from the sub hand? Or add a WS dmg bonus on Empy's for their weapon skills? they took the biggest base dmg hit out of the REMs, and Empy WSs can now be used on any weapon... it would be nice.

P.S. thank you for all the hard work thats been put into the game since adoulin, I've enjoyed most of the adjustments made... especially pertaining to 'Quality of life'.

EDIT: I had convinced myself Empyreans get a WS bonus to their respective WSs to make myself feel better about continuing to use my Twashtar, i was wrong. Maybe I should have just kept it on my Mannequin.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mikkel; 03-21-2014 at 12:46 PM.