The PS2 weather commands

I was wondering if there were any weather or displace commands for the PS2, I have to wait for my 2nd Xbox to come back. So it's back to the PS2 for the time being. I remember reading it some where that they had finally added it. But I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it's a lucid dream... >_>;
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

NVM, not that I feel people were actually going to reply, I figured it out.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    That's because the PS2 has no issues with weather effects.

PS2 has issues with having too few usable memory (only 32MB, 2MB are reserved to "OS" and system) and I/O processor (disk access and network interface) are kind of slowing the whole thing down further. The problem is when you are in a crowded region and the PS2 has to draw too many players. It can even crash or black screen.

On PC weather effects cause slow down because of how the graphics card driver/Direct X works (against how the PS2 graphics stuff works) and how the game was ported to PC. Hence why a option to disable weather effects exists on PC but not on the PS2.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by oliveira View Post
    That's because the PS2 has no issues with weather effects.

PS2 has issues with having too few usable memory (only 32MB, 2MB are reserved to "OS" and system) and I/O processor (disk access and network interface) are kind of slowing the whole thing down further. The problem is when you are in a crowded region and the PS2 has to draw too many players. It can even crash or black screen.

On PC weather effects cause slow down because of how the graphics card driver/Direct X works (against how the PS2 graphics stuff works) and how the game was ported to PC. Hence why a option to disable weather effects exists on PC but not on the PS2.
    Like I said, I already figured it out. You can filter Weather, Total Effects, and one other thing on the PS2. Nothing like playing in Dynamis in the broad sunlight.
    (0)

You might want to actually post HOW you did it for anyone finding this thread on Google. Nothing is more annoying than searching for a solution, finding someone that asked the question, and then posted later "nm, fixed it/figured it out" and doesn't say what they did.
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    You might want to actually post HOW you did it for anyone finding this thread on Google. Nothing is more annoying than searching for a solution, finding someone that asked the question, and then posted later "nm, fixed it/figured it out" and doesn't say what they did.
    It's all there in the manual...

http://www.playonline.com/ff11/manua...?loc=en#120201
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

/localsettings hideeffect1 (weather), hideeffect2 (enviroment), and hidecharaeffect (Abilities, Spells, and other things) The last one is not that great as it turn off !! from proc. as well.
    (0)