Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Stop adding +enmity to our gear!

I don't need more enmity! +enmity gear isn't worth the *once a minute hate transfer* ability we have. I did a Sneak Attack + Trick Attack + Bully + Assassin's Charge Mercy Stroke on my PLD on AAHM, I was dead because I stole hate less than two minutes later. I didn't use collaborator or accomplice. I have -enmity MERITED. I pull hate like any DD, and having +enmity makes it so much harder to try and stay below the tank.

If you're not going to give us Hide that works on all endgame content on a 2-3min cooldown, please, please stop giving us +enmity, I would rather be playing the game, not watching it (either because I'm dead/weakened or trying to not pull hate by turning away).
    (2)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    While I agree with you that DDs shouldn't have +enmity on their gear, I am curious, did you have /nin and were shadows up? Did the pld cover you? While tanking a pld should use either /drk or /blu for better enmity options. If you brought a sch they can help reduce hate with animus but it's hardly ever used. The -enmity that you have is only 5/5 and if you had +enmity gear on, your merit was probably negated.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's AAHM, all melee need to go /nin, so yes I was /nin with shadows up. Not much you can do about melee attacks shredding a couple shadows and swift blade though. And cover would only give me a few seconds to be alive, as I'll die right after it when I have more enmity than the PLD. We didn't have a SCH. And that's exactly my point about the merits/gear. I shouldn't have my best DD gear have +enmity. I am a DD, the abilities they have given a THF for hate control are massively underpowered at this stage, especially when it comes to dropping hate (since Hide doesn't work on almost every boss). The +enmity on gear works against me as I attempt to be useful to my group, it needs to get off our gear.
    (1)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    It's AAHM, all melee need to go /nin, so yes I was /nin with shadows up. Not much you can do about melee attacks shredding a couple shadows and swift blade though. And cover would only give me a few seconds to be alive, as I'll die right after it when I have more enmity than the PLD. We didn't have a SCH. And that's exactly my point about the merits/gear. I shouldn't have my best DD gear have +enmity. I am a DD, the abilities they have given a THF for hate control are massively underpowered at this stage, especially when it comes to dropping hate (since Hide doesn't work on almost every boss). The +enmity on gear works against me as I attempt to be useful to my group, it needs to get off our gear.
    Cover has an enmity transfer mechanic. Every time the PLD takes dmg while covering someone, a portion of the covered players enmity is transferred to the PLD. The exact value is unknown, but it seems to be a pretty decent amount. Typically after covering someone the receiving player won't be the mobs target anymore.

Still, cover is a 3 min JA. A THF Could quite likely retake hate in that time. But it can help buy time, assuming you and the PLD can coordinate and position for cover.
    (1)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Cover has an enmity transfer mechanic. Every time the PLD takes dmg while covering someone, a portion of the covered players enmity is transferred to the PLD. The exact value is unknown, but it seems to be a pretty decent amount. Typically after covering someone the receiving player won't be the mobs target anymore.

Still, cover is a 3 min JA. A THF Could quite likely retake hate in that time. But it can help buy time, assuming you and the PLD can coordinate and position for cover.
    Neat, I didn't know it transferred current built enmity to the PLD. I'll need to train up that PLD then. But even still, I died in that fight and came back and took hate again at around 25% hp for AAHM, and that was with the PLD never dying and me resetting hate earlier in the fight. My point still stands that we really do not need +enmity.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Oh, I wasn't trying to contradict you. Just giving you a bit of info that may help a bit.
    (0)