New Red Mage spells and abilities to make the job usable again.

Some new spells and abilities ideas that would make the job more applicable in parties again, especially end game content. Please post your own suggestions and reply with opinions or alternate versions of one another.

My suggestions:
    Reflect: (Spell - Recast: 2 mins, duration: Depends on MND stat.)
    When damaged by a spell, or hit with a negative effect, you have a chance of dealing some of that damage back, or a smaller version of the enfeebling effect back at the caster. A small animation that resembles old school Reflect spells and effects displays when it activates.

Dual Cast: (Ability - Recast: 5 minutes, shares recast with Quadra Cast.)
    You cast your next spell twice. In return, the spell takes a little longer (1.5x as long) to cast and costs a little more MP (1.5x as much). *You may select two targets for the spell before casting. *-Though if programming wouldn't allow it, you just cast the spell twice on the original target.
    Animation: You cast the spell like normal, but when you finish casting, the animation of its effects happen twice, back-to-back, on the selected target/s.

Quadra Cast: (Ability - Recast: 15 minutes, shares recast with Dual Cast.)
    You cast your next spell four times. In return, the spell takes much longer (3x as long) to cast and costs a lot more MP (3x as much). *You may select four targets for the spell before casting. *-Though if programming wouldn't allow it, you just cast the spell four times on the original target.
    Animation: You cast the spell like normal, but when you finish casting, the animation of its effects happen over and over, for a total of four times.

Quadra Cut: (Ability - Recast: 5 minutes, Duration: 1 minute)
    You gain a "Quadruple Attack" bonus during duration.
    (1)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Player
    Reflect: Not sure how implementable this is, I do like the idea of getting Reflect, perhaps as an "Occasionally Ignores Magic"? I dunno.

Dual/Quadra Cast: A clunkier and harder/more annoying to use "Manifestation" that works with more spells.

Quadra Cut: Temper but a JA and with QA instead of DA.

I can't imagine these abilities helping at all as they are to be honest, well unless Quadra Cut was a rather extreme QA rate or something, and even then, ehhhh, helps soloists, I suppose.

Rdm was traditionally invited mainly as a buffer/debuffer to parties.

Counter Proposal:

Temper: Allow it to be cast on other people directly as well as accessioned.

Faith: "Damage Taken -20%", Single target, Accession-able, Same as DT-% from gear so won't break the -50%DT cap, uses the same buff slot as Phalanx. Duration 1:30, Recast 3:00.

Inspire: "Fast Cast +30%", Single target, Accession-able, Duration 2:00, Recast: 30s.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 03-20-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Reflect: Not sure how implementable this is, I do like the idea of getting Reflect, perhaps as an "Occasionally Ignores Magic"? I dunno.
    New idea for Reflect:
    Job points unlockable spell

Reflect (Duration: Dependent on Enhancing level, Recast: 1 minute)
    Description: Prevent some magic damage to target, and reflect that damage back at the user. Amount reflected is 1 percent per upgrade. (Max take -10% magic damage, and deal 10% damage back at the original caster.
    Dual/Quadra Cast: A clunkier and harder/more annoying to use "Manifestation" that works with more spells.
    Spontaneity actually has it covered already. My apologies.

Quadra Cut: Temper but a JA and with QA instead of DA.
    Redux:
    Temper II
    Description: Grants the ability to occasionally attack twice on fellow party member, or three times on caster. (You can stand back and use this on allies for double attack, or jump in and use both temper spells for Double Attack and Triple Attack.)

Counter Proposal:

Temper: Allow it to be cast on other people directly as well as accessioned.

Faith: "Damage Taken -20%", Single target, Accession-able, Same as DT-% from gear so won't break the -50%DT cap, uses the same buff slot as Phalanx. Duration 1:30, Recast 3:00.

Inspire: "Fast Cast +30%", Single target, Accession-able, Duration 2:00, Recast: 30s.
    I second these spells, Faith and Inspire.
    (2)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Character
    Firstelement
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    Reflect good choice .
    Impose: enhances weapon handling effect makes the user to have more effective criticle hits more likely
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KorPoni View Post
    New idea for Reflect:
    Job points unlockable spell

Reflect (Duration: Dependent on Enhancing level, Recast: 1 minute)
    Description: Prevent some magic damage to target, and reflect that damage back at the user. Amount reflected is 1 percent per upgrade. (Max take -10% magic damage, and deal 10% damage back at the original caster.

Spontaneity actually has it covered already. My apologies.

Redux:
    Temper II
    Description: Grants the ability to occasionally attack twice on fellow party member, or three times on caster. (You can stand back and use this on allies for double attack, or jump in and use both temper spells for Double Attack and Triple Attack.)

I second these spells, Faith and Inspire.
    Dual/Quadra Cast - Spontaneity does something kinda like what you proposed, but Manifestation is even closer, Manifestation -> Aspir for example makes you Aspir everyone in a certain range of the cent target at once. Honestly I think the best implementation of this kindof effect for Rdm would be:

Job Point "Dual Cast": 1% Per Upgrade: Occ. quickens spellcasting.

Reflect - I just dunno how easy this would be for them to program, neat concept to be sure, but I think realistically you'd end up with something more like. "Occasionally ignores magic damage - 10%" for reflect, or maybe occasionally absorb magic damage as MP, or something, I could easily see Run getting this spell as well.

I like the idea of your Temper II, not sure if they currently can have a buff be stronger if cast on themself than someone else, maybe it can just be +Triple Attack for any Rdm main it's on, and +Double Attack for any Non-Rdm it's on, not even sure if they can do that, but if so, that's a neat way to handle it if it's something reasonably doable for them.

And I'm glad you like Faith/Inspire, Rdm definitely needs to be given something to allow them to have a reason to be invited more again, and I think strong buff spells that can be cast on others would be a good way to do that.
    (2)

Player
    I like the idea of your Temper II, not sure if they currently can have a buff be stronger if cast on themself than someone else, maybe it can just be +Triple Attack for any Rdm main it's on, and +Double Attack for any Non-Rdm it's on, not even sure if they can do that, but if so, that's a neat way to handle it if it's something reasonably doable for them.
    I very much agree with you on this, and in theory it should be possible. Composure enhances the duration of our spells but only when cast on ourselves not others, this means there is the ability to have a distinction in a spell where when cast upon oneself the effect granted is different. If a buffs duration can be augmented by an ability and at the same time not apply to other members they should in theory be able to apply the same methods to the actual effects of the spell, so Temper II could end up with either changing the effects of the spell based on the target based on this principle.
    (4)

Player
    Good point, and probably so.
    (0)