Player

Changes and Additions to Cait Sith

After playing around with Cait Sith, I wanted to suggest some things that I think would be very beneficial in bringing her up to par with the other avatars. Feel free to share any ideas, or suggestions you guys might have, and if you like the ideas please give it a like.

Raise II & Reraise II

So apparently when Cait Sith was designed as a avatar they decided to make her main focus Raise & Reraise due to the current bloodpacts she has, and this is reinforced by her SP ability; however, this should be her secondary role because while the concept is cool its just not enough to warrant her use. Also a suggestion I wanted to make for these Bloodpacts are to merge them together because I see no reason to make Raise and Reraise separate especially considering that "Altana's Favor" can provide both effects to everyone in the party. Here is what I propose.
    1. Divine Tear: Grants the effect of Raise II and Reraise II to the target member.
      Level 30
      MP: 130
      Blood pact: Ward
      Notes: The animation should be a teardrop that falls on the dead or alive ally, and the character should very quickly lighten up blue with sparks around him. This ability only provides Raise to dead party members, and Reraise to living party members.

Mewing Lullaby & Eerie Eye

For some reason Square Enix decided to make these abilities "Rages" instead of making them "Wards", many of us have already noticed this but I do feel this should be corrected because when we don't use our raises these would be some great "Wards" to use.

Level ? Holy

Currently the way this ability functions makes it complete trash, as I said earlier Cait Sith support role should be her secondary role, and as her primary role she can be a strong magical light damage dealer. So in theory she would be unique because she wouldn't have the physical prowess that Fenrir and Diabolos have, but she'll be able to deliver strong magical damage with her bloodpacts. As a solution for this ability I think that perhaps it should always do damage, but make the factors that are currently in place determine whether or not the damage done by this ability will be a critical hit. Also lower the MP cost of this spell to make it more appropriate to the MP cost of the other Level 65 Blood Pacts, I think 116 would be a good MP cost.

New Bloodpacts

So we know that Square Enix released Cait Sith income, and said that in the future they will be adding new Blood Pacts to her based on how they see the community use her, and I have a couple of ideas for the bloodpacts she should get. I have created 4 bloodpacts to bring her to a total of 10 bloodpacts because in this suggestion Raise II & Reraise II are merged into a new Bloodpact.
    1. Banish II: Deals Light elemental damage to an enemy.
      Level 15
      MP: 28
      Blood pact: Rage
      Note: Basic light elemental damage dealing nuke.

2. Seraphic Purring: Grants the target the effect of Pax.
      Level 45
      MP: 230
      Blood pact: Ward
      Note: temporarily reduces the player's enmity generation, very useful for certain jobs.

3. Banish IV: Deals Heavy Light elemental damage to an enemy.
      Level 85
      MP: 150
      Note: Second tier light elemental nuke.

4. Angelic Flurry: Conjures a flurry of stars to deal light elemental damage to a enemy, and also inflicts the target with magic defense & magic evasion down.
      Level 95
      MP: 235
      Note: The animation used by the trial moogles would be perfect for this ability.
    (0)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 03-19-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    Level ? Holy

Currently the way this ability functions makes it complete trash, as I said earlier Cait Sith support role should be her secondary role, and as her primary role she can be a strong magical light damage dealer. So in theory she would be unique because she wouldn't have the physical prowess that Fenrir and Diabolos have, but she'll be able to deliver strong magical damage with her bloodpacts. As a solution for this ability I think that perhaps it should always do damage, but make the factors that are currently in place determine whether or not the damage done by this ability will be a critical hit. Also lower the MP cost of this spell to make it more appropriate to the MP cost of the other Level 65 Blood Pacts, I think 116 would be a good MP cost.[/LIST]
    I dont think you understand how great of a BP this actually is, fair enough using it for a single target is silly and expensive but when cait is fighting multiple mobs its VERY effective and can easily 1shot level 100+ mobs within a large AOE radius, this combined with Mewing Lullaby is great for crowd control. ask yourself would you prefer to use 20-30 heavenly strikes to kill 10 monsters one after the other or use Level ? Holy to kill the same amount in about 1-6 BPs?
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    I dont think you understand how great of a BP this actually is, fair enough using it for a single target is silly and expensive but when cait is fighting multiple mobs its VERY effective and can easily 1shot level 100+ mobs within a large AOE radius, this combined with Mewing Lullaby is great for crowd control. ask yourself would you prefer to use 20-30 heavenly strikes to kill 10 monsters one after the other or use Level ? Holy to kill the same amount in about 1-6 BPs?
    That WOULD be a valid argument....
    Except the problem with Lv?Holy is that you're gonna be casting it upwards of 20-30x...
    At the very least.

So, yes, I and any good SMN would rather opt for Shiva's Heavenly Strike or Ramuh's Thunderspark.
    Sure Lv?Holy can deal crazy damage.... But that doesn't make it good.
    Namely because it NEVER happens. (I seem to have more Blood Boon Set procs with my 2/5 empy body and pants than I have Cait Sith have Lv?Holy deal damage... The spell isn't bad... It's terribad.)
    (1)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Please note and the Devs commented on it somewhere that they only gave it up to level 75 pacts so they can see how we use it (Like they do for anything else). So in the future we will get some more pacts for higher levels at least.
    (0)