Internet Connection Speed: 60 Mbps
    Date & Time:03/18/2014 17:47 cst
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Aranda
    Race:Elven
    World:Syplh
    Main Job: Bard
    Support Job: White mage
    Area and Coordinates: Kamihr Drifts - (K-10 - Frontier Station)
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Traiffeaux
    Monster Name: n/a
    Steps:
    1. Doing quest Breaking the Ice. After trading the items to complete the quest it initiates a instance/cut scene where the NPC gives you a KI "Pair of fuzzy earmuffs"
    2. After that the instance turns black as if to change to another scene and then never progresses. I have to restart pc to get out of the instance and when I click the npc again the instance starts over and stops at the exact same spot every time.
    3. I also tried it with a second character as well as had a friend try it and results were exactly the same.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Are you using Windower? There's a bug whereby this happens when you're running the game through Windower but not when running the game normally. If so, SE can't really fix it because they can't be responsible for problems arising from the use of 3rd party tools.
    (0)

ItsWindowerBro
    (0)

Character
    Rusko
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    After restarting my computer and zoning out and back in it worked fine, but crashing pc and trying to talk to npc didn't help. Also tried it on a different mule and it worked fine. Guess I should have checked all avenues before I posted a bug. Can leave this open for future issues or cancel it not sure how these works. Sorry for the premature post.
    (0)

Restarded the PC huh. *winkwink* okay.

Resolveded!
    (0)

Character
    Rusko
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Black screen and npc freezing have been around as long as the game has existed. Let me refer you to circa 2002 with the good times of the HDD Play Station 2. Must have been the game shark they were running "wink wink" right? My issue is not with you it was a problem I encountered directly after an update that I thought needed addressing. I was hasty to post thinking it was a bug in hopes to get it fixed before it became an issue for others. If anyone of real relevance has a question they can feel free to contact me or however they take care of issues now a days.
    (0)

Getting defensive to the point of relying on insults is the surest way to appear guilty. Plus, wildly uncalled for as my post was obviously a joke.

Anywho, say what you need too.. but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck... I'm guessing its a duckower.

You encountered the exact same issue, in the exact same spot (after turning in) that every duck-user has encountered during that, and only that, quest and cutscene, and not a single other glitch report about it anywhere on any FF website, including this one, that has not been diagnosed as duck related. So much so that its actually appeared as a bullet point for the quest walkthrough here:

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Breaking_the_Ice
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-20-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Player
    Displaying this much knowledge on the topic is another way to appear "guilty". ^.~ But frankly, like 70% of the playerbase is.

I wish SE would just go ahead and hire the duck-dev team, imagine what they could do with a modest budget and the resources of having the full code at their disposal, considering how much they get accomplished with what they have now, working for free.
    (0)

They should go just ahead and allow it like they do with XIV's community, in some fashion. I mean, the new producer seems to understand its inevitable and in a lot of ways it helps the community in ways the devs haven't even thought of, allowing certain tools and such.

Either or would work. I mean the modding community has added a lot of life to some games

plusIneverdenieditlawl
    (2)