Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1185] Cait Sith pact Level ? Holy not working properly.

Platform: Windows

ISP: Cox

Type of Internet Connection: CATV

Internet Connection Speed: 54 mbps

Date & Time: Monday, March 17th from 2:00 to 2:30 PM Arizona Time

Frequency: Always

Character Name: Parinne

Race: ElvaanF

World: Leviathan

Main Job: Summoner, level 99

Support Job: Red Mage, level 49

Area and Coordinates: West Ronfaure, Ceizak Battlegrounds, any area, at any position.

Party or Solo: Party

NPC Name: The summonable Avatar Cait Sith.

Monster Name: Any

Steps:

1. Summon Cait Sith.

2. Engage any enemy in battle, and Assault the monster with Cait Sith.

3. Use the Blood Pact: Rage "Level ? Holy" on any target.

4. After the lengthy animation (Cait Sith can auto-attack the enemy before the Blood Pact goes off because of the animation), the monster will flinch but a message will appear saying Level ? Holy had no effect, with no damage being dealt to any target.

I tried using this ability repeatedly, on many monsters, and the result was always the same. This ability appears to be bugged.

This bug also was apparent in the battle against Cait Sith, who used the move but had no effect on myself, a party member, and his Avatar.

I would appreciate if this was looked at and fixed. Thank you.
    (0)
    Last edited by MakkotoParinne; 03-18-2014 at 06:43 AM.

Works fine.

I explained it in the other thread but I'll post it here so the GM dude who reads it knows its working fine and not wastes his time reporting it. The ability functions like that on purpose, the "Level ? Holy" implies the ? is the multiple of level the mob needs to be... like "Level 5 Petrify" petrifies anyone whos level ends in multiples of 5. Caits is either randomly chosen, based on day or something, but if the mob isn't a multiple of the level it selects, No effect will happen.

I was hoping maybe it would work differently, but its rather powerful, so I imagine the trade of is the randomness
    (0)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hmm, I suppose that's true. I did end up using the ability for more than a half hour without any success, though, which is still disappointing.
    (0)

It is disappointing I can agree, but yah, rather powerful indeed. Its an interesting BP for sure but hard to use until we figure out the randomness.

I think in FFT:A it was based on the turn... Who knows, could be based on the final digit of the clock when the ability is used.
    (0)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Right after I saw the screenshot you posted, the ability has done damage twice in a row, for 3888, and for 5877. I suppose this ability is not bugged at all! I'm just... extremely unlucky... x_x
    (0)

Character
    Hulkamania
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Did record damage with this

The damage (if any) is random, I did a personal best of 12680 on a Dirtcaked Jagil in Marjami Ravine
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd still classify this as a bug. Currently the spell follow two rules
    1. The damage of the spell depends on the roll (the higher the better)
    2. Whether or not the spell will land on a monster depends on the monster's level being a multiple of the dice rolled.

Really, only one of these rules should apply if the blood pact is going to be useful. Either make it random damage that can affect all enemies (do this by only following rule 1). Or make it do massive damage to enemies that are a multiple of the roll that was made (do this by only following rule 2). I would prefer that the second rule be dropped. I'm in favor of chaotic damage, but there's too little chance that this spell will do sufficient damage (if any) to its target.
    (1)