Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    the job point system is a bit pointless atm but I see potential in it.in my opinion it needs to be worth doing firstly as in I would like to see it balance the dd jobs more. an then it needs to be doable as in make the points chain higher ;like exp so we would be back to meripo days
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    OH BOY. That is SUPER useful.
    Then don't do it.

If they go back on their earlier statement of "Job Points won't be taken into consideration when balancing content" (much like they back-pedaled on "We'll be backing off on inflicting Encumbrance in the future"), then complain.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    My ideas for making this system good.

-20% of XP/LP gained goes to CP, this includes Chains, Rings, and anything else that boosts the standard Experience Point rate.

-Completely remove party penalties... having this penalty at all only serves to deter parties not balance things.

-Remove the scaling cost or slow it by a ton! Points should not go from 1 to 2 to 3, if anything it should go up by 1 every 5 points allocated to an ability.

-Change some of these buffs, there are some like Magic Damage +2 During Chainspell that are flat out worthless, when I Chainspell, I use high tiers, high tiers get almost no benefit from Magic Damage and in fact this stat only improves my DMG by less than 10 per nuke which is pathetic. On the other side, more BLU Points and BSTs getting +3STR/DEX/VIT/ect. for their pet per point is vastly superior!
    (2)

the job point system is a very welcome addition to many of us. it adds a 2nd set of enhancements independent of the 1st, and it is gained quite easily. with the announcement that additional categories will be added the REAL problem that those currently available are generally lackluster is somewhat abated (it may be entirely, but until we know what the new categories ARE we can't speak inteligently about it). I'm greatly looking forward to them. Between this and the addition of good skill-up locations I would have to say this is one of the best updates since the "pupdate".
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post

-Remove the scaling cost or slow it by a ton! Points should not go from 1 to 2 to 3, if anything it should go up by 1 every 5 points allocated to an ability.
    Do we know exactly how buying them works now? Is it an increase of 1 per point, up to 10 JP needed to currently max it? Or is like some of the merits, 1 -2-3-4-5-5-5-...., with a cap to upgrade points after a certain point?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Do we know exactly how buying them works now? Is it an increase of 1 per point, up to 10 JP needed to currently max it? Or is like some of the merits, 1 -2-3-4-5-5-5-...., with a cap to upgrade points after a certain point?
    That would still be 40 points to hit level 10, whereas with it going up by 1 forever, it would be 55. Either one, is still far to many points.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    I wish I knew how to answer your question properly. In my personal experience, I finally got the 1 Job Point. I used it on my BST "Pet Accuracy" and it went from 1 > 2. Soon as I saw that, my heart sank and I gave up. It took me a pretty long time to get that 1 Job Point. Then to realize it would take twice as long to upgrade the same category again....yeah. And I won't be actively farming Capacity Points until the system is revamped.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The development team is currently looking into making it so capacity points can be earned through certain Records of Eminence objectives as well as from the various types of reives.

Additionally, they are planning adjustments to the amount of capacity points earned and other methods in which you can obtain them.

We'll continue to forward all of your feedback on Job Points to the development team.
    Though I highly doubt your forwarding anything the English speaking people are saying, on the off chance I'm wrong and they are actually listening to us I'll say this.

The amount given is FAR TOO SMALL. I should not be getting 30~50 CP for killing a monster that gives me several hundred to a thousand XP. Remove the XP division that takes place when being in a party it's stupid and left over from when FFXI was an EverQuest clone. Make is so that when we select CP we get that instead of XP, preferably on a 1:1 basis, otherwise people won't even bother. That or make it so that we can select a job and all earned CP goes to that job because right now there is zero incentive me to go WHM for a party when I need SO MUCH CP on WAR / BLU / RUN. I'm better off soloing with trust NPC's for CP on a job that I want it on vs joining a party.
    (4)
    Last edited by saevel; 03-21-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is what happens when people keep going on about the good old days. All SE has to go on when they hear the good old days crap is how grindy it was not that you had all your friends to make it less of a grind. So every time onne of the meat heads whined about how fast we level or how people were burning though stuff to fast we get crap like this.
    (11)

Character
    Siven
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    The Job Points system should never have been added. We already had a system of points for spending on enhancements to jobs -- the Merit Point System. They should have just added new categories for each job, or increased the number of points that we could spend in a given category/given item, etc.

Seriously, SE. Do you just hate us at this point? Do you want us to quit playing your game so badly?

So many of these options are completely underwhelming and useless. They WOULD be nice if it didn't require 1100 hours of grinding to get them unlocked. And even then, take Dancer for example. For 1100 hours of grinding, I get 100 TP? Every time I use Trance? Which is at most, once an hour in most circumstances? OH BOY. That is SUPER useful. That is what I would be saying, in some parallel universe, where the people in charge of this game aren't trying to get people to actively hate it and quit.

You need to stop releasing content until you have a) fixed the current content that is broken, and b) finished the content that should have been here already that you haven't released yet because you keep getting sidetracked by SUPER COOL AWESOME ideas like the Job Point system which was ENTIRELY unneeded.
    Since I can't DISlike an unhelpful post, I'll just reply to it. I'd rather see the job point system fixed, personally, and I'm glad it's here. Personally, I would have liked better to see merits expanded upon, and this worked into that system somehow, or vise versa, but I am glad to see continuation of character growth. The rate at which you get them is pretty dismal, though, chains, records, removal of small group penalty, any of these things would be great. I don't want to see alliances formed for job point parties, but I do want to see 1-6 people doing it. Please let us know what the dev team is planning.
    (0)

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast