Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    This post has eleminated any and all wish I had to do anything pertaining to this system at all, as well as most people I know. Before this, I was excited to get some XP parties together to do runs, but with the points going up by 1 every upgrade, the amount needed, the low ass amount gained per kill, and so on... I won't touch this, not at all! >:O
    I feel so nostalgic. Like it's 2005 again but instead of getting to do cool end game activities at the end, I get... nothing.
    (1)

Player
    Endgame activities weren't cool in 2005.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    This seems like an unpleasant thing from how you described it. Why would you thank them for it?
    Basically saying thanks for making the rewards so terrible that it's not enticing to bother doing it, similar to what I have to think Adoulin made me feel like when all of a sudden Ephemeron no longer mattered and I had no more reason to fight Aello for a .1% drop rate. If it's so bad you don't care about it then it doesn't matter how bad the requirements in the middle are.
    (1)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    This seems like an unpleasant thing from how you described it. Why would you thank them for it?
    I think it may be called sarcasm.
    (1)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm fairly sure from this point on they will reconsider the methods of obtaining CP, and the amounts obtained.
    It's pretty clear that nobody is "okay" with the way things are right now, especially since most of the upgrades are not worth getting AT ALL.
    I could not imagine upgrading Mijin Gakure Damage, for example, unless I was overflowing on NIN Job Points and had nothing else to buy.
    Problem is, this will never happen with the current system. Hopefully things get better.
    (3)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I'm fairly sure from this point on they will reconsider the methods of obtaining CP, and the amounts obtained.
    It's pretty clear that nobody is "okay" with the way things are right now, especially since most of the upgrades are not worth getting AT ALL.
    I could not imagine upgrading Mijin Gakure Damage, for example, unless I was overflowing on NIN Job Points and had nothing else to buy.
    Problem is, this will never happen with the current system. Hopefully things get better.
    yeah i doubt they change anything.

Fact of the matter is the update shouldnt have happened. the three main points of the update wehre Delve, JP and fishing.

We didnt get Delve fracture, which is the only point of doing delve. which also means no new AF body or legs.

Job points options are way too small and pushed out too earlier. Obtaining job points was not fully developed. however doesnt matter because points values are too low and slow without decent parties camps. we dont have kill chains and soloing seems optimal however ot seems you have to be on the job to get points.

Fishing. its fishing. nice that it was revamped however its fishing. not really a game changer. unless it was your income.

once chains are adjusted, we get more leveling camps, removing the requirement of having to be on the job to get points for that job and Delve is fixed. then this update will suffice.

its not that content they planned for us its bad, its incomplete. the implementation is what failed us. this was obviously just put this out as a foundation so they can test the stability of the game and make appropriate adjustments.
    (1)
    Last edited by Feary; 03-19-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    We didnt get Delve fracture, which is the only point of doing delve.
    If anything, I would say this isn't so bad since it actually gave us a point to do the outside NMs. Were it all released at once we would no doubt have skipped the outside NMs completely and went in, tried to get to the boss, failed, and tried again over and over till we win. The outside NMs this way are getting some attention at least, people are farming them for the KIs & drops right now since it costs so much Plasm and the drops are level 119 gear which is actually good gear in some slots.
    (5)

Character
    Nailah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I also believe that the amount of capacity points needed to get just one single job point is waaa[...]aaay to astronomically high than to ever be feasable -if it isn't changed-. It takes hours to get one in a party and then you also need to be on the job you want the points for. How the hell am I supposed to get SMN job points this way? A SMN in a JP-party? What does SE dream of at night... A SMN amassing JP solo? Again, what the heck are those guys thinking? Handing us a warning everytime we start the game: do not let your RL suffer, this is a game. However once ingame: screw it, you have to walk through hell to get something done, grind till your eyes bleed to get enhancements that aren't even worth it to begin with.

SE thinks it is a good idea though and it needs monitoring before anything is changed. Yep, the entire world already knows it is crap after one day (maybe even a few hours) but SE first of all thinks it is a good idea the way it is and then probably needs weeks to find out how ridiculous it actually is, before -if at all- altering it.

If I wouldn't know that this is a subscription based game, anyone telling me the situation of JP in this game would lead me to believe this is a lousy generic f2p title with an item shop where you then can buy the JPs directly because otherwise it is a life destroying task to get anywhere worthwhile. Games where you get 0.002% XP per kill and fight like two or three enemies a minute... Bad decision SE and bad, very bad reputation. I won't participate in a JP hunt, that's for sure.
    (5)

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    They will just reduce the required mob level to obtain CP. Not too far in the future in my honest opinion.

Maybe not next month's update. But pretty sharpish.

I mean sure, 13 million CP sounds like a lot.
    But if they let you amass it at any level. Or heaven forbid, as a monster. Then no one would be complaining anywhere near as loudly.
    (1)
    nunc est bibendum

My proposition of every method of obtaining Capacity Points:
    *25% of experience points yielded from monsters lvl 96 and above.
    *5% of experience points yielded from monsters below 96 but still worth experience to 99s.
    *100 from any battlefield that yields experience points at the end.

Understandable to not get Capacity Points:
    *Abyssea (Too fast of kills, gonna have abyssea 99s with abyssea job points...lol)
    *Records of Emininence (System would be way too easy to abuse for extra Capacity Points.)
    *Fields of Valor/Grounds of Valor (Completely understandable, would be Gusgen Mines all over again, though probably a different area.)

This doesn't destroy the grind required for points, but it makes it more realistic on acquiring the points.
    (1)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast