Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    The JP Dev post offered more information on the merit expansion. Specifically, that they're not planning on adjusting the WS category.

I wish they would reconsider that in particular. I understand wanting to make people specialize, but I don't think that's the vanadiel we're in anymore.
    ^100x this. It's to the point where I might consider playing a new job, then realize, "Oh, it needs a certain merit WS? Looks like I won't be playing that one." I'm already maxed out on 3 merit WS that are crucial, so I'd rather not gimp one of them to unlock others (which, in turn, would also be gimped).

And really, forcing people to specialize goes against one of FFXI's major selling points: being able to play any and all jobs on a single character.
    (6)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    Casuals keep killing this game with all the I wants and gimme everything free bs. Just stop already, jesus h christ this isnt supposed to be a beginners level game, for that theres wow and xiv. Quit with the QQ its too hard crap already. You can take you first job to 99 and be fully merited in a week, you can have all the old content done in a month, and have maxxed our gear in 3 months, then what?
    Though every hardcore player could quit tomorrow and the game would keep chugging on and with a quick change to some values the dirty casuals would still keep clearing content. On the other hand if all the casuals left the game would shut down in a week, we already been over this. The hardcore grind niche is a very poor niche to fill and not very profitable and not something PvE games can pull off and only reason EVE can pull this off is they have a very extensive PvP that is some what balanced, that and you can blow up thousands of real life dollars.
    (9)

Player
    Casuals keep killing this game with all the I wants and gimme everything free bs. Just stop already, jesus h christ this isnt supposed to be a beginners level game, for that theres wow and xiv. Quit with the QQ its too hard crap already. You can take you first job to 99 and be fully merited in a week, you can have all the old content done in a month, and have maxxed our gear in 3 months, then what?
    Then you gear other jobs, merit them, take things to extremes and try to max out everything about your job, make gil, create Mythics. There's a lot more to this game than what Job Points could ever offer in terms of depth... To defend this terrible system is pathetic.
    (12)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

My response to why or how see the reason why this post should be Defended!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Then you gear other jobs, merit them, take things to extremes and try to max out everything about your job, make gil, create Mythics. There's a lot more to this game than what Job Points could ever offer in terms of depth... To defend this terrible system is pathetic.
    The only one reason I can think of at the moment to defend the job points thread simply is because of at this moment, this is the only route the dev teams have taken into fixing the blue mages points system for spells to be used and I rather wished they would have took an actual better approach to fixing the blue mages jobs for the better use in a lot more situations but it still remains there are still certain fixes that could have been done to blue instead of just the points in the end.

Just wanted to report that I usually only mention anything about the blue mage fixin's in the Blue mage Job adjustments thread and figured you might not of heard of the thread but I do know a few who have replied in this thread who have few replies to the blue mage thread as well.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 04-15-2014 at 12:23 AM. Reason: I was missing a Title and a few letters on some of my words or some words into the post!!
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The system is fine, the rewards per job could stand some tweaking and I'm sure that will happen over time, but leave the point system as is. I mean for gods sake stop taking all the work out of every single part of the game. Its starting to feel like everyone wants to just sit around collecting agubmint check for their chars, rather actually putting in the effort to do anything.
    (0)
    Last edited by predatory; 04-15-2014 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Because I felt like it

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Though every hardcore player could quit tomorrow and the game would keep chugging on and with a quick change to some values the dirty casuals would still keep clearing content. On the other hand if all the casuals left the game would shut down in a week, we already been over this. The hardcore grind niche is a very poor niche to fill and not very profitable and not something PvE games can pull off and only reason EVE can pull this off is they have a very extensive PvP that is some what balanced, that and you can blow up thousands of real life dollars.
    We must be defining dirty casuals differently. My definition is more about the a**hat noob who starts playing one day and thinks they should have everything the game has to offer by the end of their 30 day trial, and have generally quit in 3 or 4 months. This is generally the jackass that brays the loudest that things are too hard and should be easier. Unfortunately these are the very same people SE listens to as they dumb down our game and gradually make it easier to play than go fish

So, are our definitions alike?
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    We must be defining dirty casuals differently. My definition is more about the a**hat noob who starts playing one day and thinks they should have everything the game has to offer by the end of their 30 day trial, and have generally quit in 3 or 4 months. This is generally the jackass that brays the loudest that things are too hard and should be easier. Unfortunately these are the very same people SE listens to as they dumb down our game and gradually make it easier to play than go fish

So, are our definitions alike?
    This mythical group of people you made up in your head don't really count.
    (6)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    This mythical group of people you made up in your head don't really count.
    Actually that isn't a mythical group at all, Ive met too many just like that on both Bahamut and Ramuh before that. There's a prime example of this behavior just one or two pages over it this same forum
    (0)
    Last edited by predatory; 04-15-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Player
    The system is fine, the rewards per job could stand some tweaking and I'm sure that will happen over time, but leave the point system as is. I mean for gods sake stop taking all the work out of every single part of the game. Its starting to feel like everyone wants to just sit around collecting agubmint check for their chars, rather actually putting in the effort to do anything.
    I would love to take some time to do a few parties to get points and upgrade my RDM. Sitting around for countless hours to obtain an insane amount of points for any upgrade isn't my idea of fun or entertainment nor would I subject myself to such a stupid system. You say everyone wants to be lazy, ok sure, sometimes people are. But if you want to say this system being changed would be an extension of such a thing when it's currently such an asinine and ludicrous system that not only bores people to death but consumes a ton of time for no reason, no. The system as it is is nothing less than stupid, asking it not to take hours for a single point and days for a single capped category is far from lazy.

Actually that isn't a mythical group at all, Ive met too many just like that on both Bahamut and Ramuh before that. There's a prime example of this behavior just one or two pages over it this same forum
    By your own words.
    My definition is more about the a**hat noob who starts playing one day and thinks they should have everything the game has to offer by the end of their 30 day trial
    Unless I'm mistaken the primary complaint of that thread was the amount of time people had to waste to get things done even if they were almost entirely unrelated and not only old but insanely easy content. I not once saw the OP of that thread ask for Relics, Mythics, or Empyreans to fall from the sky, nor did they ask Delve wins to be easier, hell, they didn't even get to the point they knew what Delve actually was so far as I know. To say that's an example of someone wanting 'everything the game has to offer by the end of their trial' is stupid because I can't think of anyone I met who actually wanted that. People might want the game to be more accessible or, I don't know, fun, when joining the game rather than wading through hours upon hours of boring BS to get somewhere fun for this game, yet everyone acts like unless you do the boring BS you're not worthy. In either case, the bottom line is it's not an example of what you described.
    (5)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I would love to take some time to do a few parties to get points and upgrade my RDM. Sitting around for countless hours to obtain an insane amount of points for any upgrade isn't my idea of fun or entertainment nor would I subject myself to such a stupid system. You say everyone wants to be lazy, ok sure, sometimes people are. But if you want to say this system being changed would be an extension of such a thing when it's currently such an asinine and ludicrous system that not only bores people to death but consumes a ton of time for no reason, no. The system as it is is nothing less than stupid, asking it not to take hours for a single point and days for a single capped category is far from lazy.

By your own words.Unless I'm mistaken the primary complaint of that thread was the amount of time people had to waste to get things done even if they were almost entirely unrelated and not only old but insanely easy content. I not once saw the OP of that thread ask for Relics, Mythics, or Empyreans to fall from the sky, nor did they ask Delve wins to be easier, hell, they didn't even get to the point they knew what Delve actually was so far as I know. To say that's an example of someone wanting 'everything the game has to offer by the end of their trial' is stupid because I can't think of anyone I met who actually wanted that. People might want the game to be more accessible or, I don't know, fun, when joining the game rather than wading through hours upon hours of boring BS to get somewhere fun for this game, yet everyone acts like unless you do the boring BS you're not worthy. In either case, the bottom line is it's not an example of what you described.
    Was responding to a comment made to me, not to the OP in that last quote of mine, but you knew that because you read it and quoted it didn't you?

Btw, if you don't want to do the cont, then don't do it. But how about leaving it alone for those of us who actually do like to xp? Or does everything have to be in welfare queen mode?
    (0)
    Last edited by predatory; 04-15-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast