Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    The JP Dev post offered more information on the merit expansion. Specifically, that they're not planning on adjusting the WS category.

I wish they would reconsider that in particular. I understand wanting to make people specialize, but I don't think that's the vanadiel we're in anymore.
    (6)

Character
    Shadaax
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Even on BLU, which is a pretty efficient solo job, and with Trust npcs, I was barely able to make 5k capacity points per hour. That's six hours of grinding for one Job Point. So yeah, even a double capacity point campaign wouldn't make a dent in most people's progress.
    (6)
    I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    - Adam Savage

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    You probably need to adjust your camp (not that it's really worth it). The best I've been able to do is about 20k points per hour on DNC. In order to get the 220 job points required to cap out after the next update I would have to farm DC monsters for 330 hours. There are two ways to look at this, in my opinion:
    1) How horrible! 330 hours would eat my 2 hours per night for the next 150 days! Not only that, but I'll farm enough XP in the process to level all jobs to 99 and fully merit them (twice).
    2) When the merit system was initially released, people were getting about 8k/hr in good merit parties. That means that, for fortunate jobs, this system is somewhat comparable to release-day merit points.

I definitely feel both of the above ways, but (as the title points out), the benefits offered by job points are minimal. There's nothing that says we need to cap out. Thus I am actually more inclined to go with option 3:
    3) The benefits of job points are so minimal that I don't really want to farm them seriously. It's just an option to improve my character that I can take advantage of when I'm tired of doing other things.
    (3)

Character
    Dammit
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    You probably need to adjust your camp (not that it's really worth it). The best I've been able to do is about 20k points per hour on DNC. In order to get the 220 job points required to cap out after the next update I would have to farm DC monsters for 330 hours. There are two ways to look at this, in my opinion:
    1) How horrible! 330 hours would eat my 2 hours per night for the next 150 days! Not only that, but I'll farm enough XP in the process to level all jobs to 99 and fully merit them (twice).
    2) When the merit system was initially released, people were getting about 8k/hr in good merit parties. That means that, for fortunate jobs, this system is somewhat comparable to release-day merit points.

I definitely feel both of the above ways, but (as the title points out), the benefits offered by job points are minimal. There's nothing that says we need to cap out. Thus I am actually more inclined to go with option 3:
    3) The benefits of job points are so minimal that I don't really want to farm them seriously. It's just an option to improve my character that I can take advantage of when I'm tired of doing other things.
    You are on DNC, a good solo job. However, try that with BRD, WHM, or other support. Even with Trust, I doubt you could sustain your quoted 20K/hr.

Overall, I like the concept; the execution is still flawed and needs tweaked.

OTHER SUGGESTIONS/ALTERNATIVES
    1) Create a system where we could convert merit points into job points (e.g. 10 merits per 1 job point)
    2) As we are able to toggle between exp and limit points, allow a toggle to convert exp to capacity points (e.g. solo kill: 1000xp/100cp -> 0xp/500cp).
    3) Add an item to allow capacity point bonus (akin to an Emperor/Empress Ring).
    (4)
    Last edited by THD; 04-11-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Fail Tizona

I haven't had a chance to fully read through this thread and the suggestion that I had I was going to place in the QoL thread, but seeing as how it(my suggestion) concerns the Job Point System I figured I'd place it in this thread.

Anyways, I'm not a game dev and I have zero knowledge on game design, but if I wanted to market a new in-game system to both existing and new players, the dev team needs to understand that the current Job Point system isn't the way. The current Job Point System is really nothing more than a even more tedious, uneventful, and even more less than fun version of the lvling/merit system. On top of that, majority of the jobs don't really offer anything worthwhile and CP takes forever to build up just for what...one job point maybe?

In another thread someone mention more advanced jobs that would go off of the lvled 99 jobs that a player has. To me that would seem more like a better use and reward of the Job Point system than it's current state. I know it's too late to change the system itself, but this could be something that's added somewhere down the line. A certain amount of points to unlock said Job and then the job abilities itself.

All I'm saying is with the SoA expansion, mobs are getting stronger and with the addition of more powerful jobs that branch off of our lvl 99 jobs via the job point system that would possibly be a good...maybe even better use to the JP system than it is now.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadax View Post
    Even on BLU, which is a pretty efficient solo job, and with Trust npcs, I was barely able to make 5k capacity points per hour. That's six hours of grinding for one Job Point. So yeah, even a double capacity point campaign wouldn't make a dent in most people's progress.
    Can triple that with blu burning.
    (2)

Character
    Doctorugh
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Suggestions:

Add only 10% decrease to capacity points for each member as they are added (2 member -10/100, 3 member -9/90, 4 member -8/81, 5 member -7/73, 6 member -6/66) so you would be at 60% of regular capacity points with 6 member vs 1.

Let Corsairs roll work for this.

Add large amount of capacity points for events they want to promote (if most ppl done with AA or other fights, add 15k capacity points to the event)

Allow for trade of other currencies (merit points, w/e) in proper quanties for exchange of capacity points. For example: 10/1 for merit points to capacity (this would allow you to farm on BLU for example (getting some capacity points) and then use the merits gain to switch to RNG and use on it.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    THD, Byrth said the BEST he could do was 20k/h on dnc. So obviously he didnt mean you could go out on your whm and get 20k/h. given the best rate of gain he then speculated how long it would take to gain job points. So it would be naturally harder to do on whm or whatever job you might come up with. He in no way said you could get 20k on every job.
    (0)

Character
    Dammit
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    THD, Byrth said the BEST he could do was 20k/h on dnc. So obviously he didnt mean you could go out on your whm and get 20k/h. given the best rate of gain he then speculated how long it would take to gain job points. So it would be naturally harder to do on whm or whatever job you might come up with. He in no way said you could get 20k on every job.
    I know he said it was the best... It was more of a rhetorical question/comment.
    (0)
    Fail Tizona

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Are we ignoring the fact that it's going to take, even if it's only 1 job point per level of job point system option, 1.8 million experience points to get something maxed out? That's at a minimum. If the progression of required points is more like Merits, we're probably looking at something more like 4.5 million experience per job point ability maxed out, and 9 for a current job's two abilities
    Casuals keep killing this game with all the I wants and gimme everything free bs. Just stop already, jesus h christ this isnt supposed to be a beginners level game, for that theres wow and xiv. Quit with the QQ its too hard crap already. You can take you first job to 99 and be fully merited in a week, you can have all the old content done in a month, and have maxxed our gear in 3 months, then what?
    (0)

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast