Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Player
    I like the idea of completely removing the party/alliance penalty for Capacity Points, even if there's still no reason to Exp in a group, at least this would provide an interesting balance, so that grouping would be better for this activity.

Considering how rediculous the grinds are for job points, people still won't be completing them any time soon even with a full alliance clear-cutting a zone.

I would also love to see Job points accruing naturally everywhere, like sparks, you said you're already addressing this, which is neat, I guess it would feel less annoying for it to be so painfully slow if you were collecting them everywhere.

Also, add some sort of repeatable RoE quest to rival "Deal 500+ damage" for support jobs to repeat while you're at it.
    (4)

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    You know they could add exchange one copper bag for 1k job points item. Personally I am guessing they will add an item like this or ring soon.

I don't know why people complain abut JP's You can literarily FC them Get a warrior and rdm, sell four slots to AFK. Pull 6-10 mobs WS, kill, repeat. This will be the new RTM event. I did this today earned five.
    (0)

Heal 500+ damage was a thing, but they didn't make it repeatable. It really should be repeatable though, as long as there is a 500 damage thing that is.
    (4)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The development team is currently looking into making it so capacity points can be earned through certain Records of Eminence objectives as well as from the various types of reives.

Additionally, they are planning adjustments to the amount of capacity points earned and other methods in which you can obtain them.

We'll continue to forward all of your feedback on Job Points to the development team.
    Rieves: stuff people do solo
    RoE: stuff people do solo

No chain bonus... no abyssea...
    So... it's ok if y'all just come out and tell us... that you don't want people to party up for Job Points....
    Cause making it so that there's less to get a JP or including content that is generally done without a group 99% of the time...
    You're just encouraging people to play solo.

It's blatantly clear that the Job Point system was meant to push people into spending more time in Adoulin... what with all the minimal benefits that you get from killing stuff there... (ala party xp penalty is lessened in Adoulin areas) and the restriction of "only lv100+ mobs"...
    But the thing is... as everything stands right now... there is 0 reason to party up... let alone form "exp/merit/JP parties"...

A lot of people were happy about the exclusion of abyssea because they have their nostalgia goggles on hard and want the 75era back...
    75era exp parties were no different than GoV parties... they just worked in a different form. (ala chain bonus vs book completion bonus)...
    But y'all killed that by not including the chain bonus... which just baffles me... because the chain bonus exists to counteract the xp penalty from partying up...

Basically: you don't need to include more solo content... just give capacity points based on chain bonus. (the coding is already there too! both Merit Points and conquest points work off of it... so you have the base codes you need.)
    Then you have more people actually doing stuff in Adoulin areas (rather than just passing through to the fracture or WKR) and you make the nostalgia 75ers happy cause they have their "oldschool" exp parties back.

Job Points.... are worse than Cait Sith.
    Sure Cait Sith was unfinished... what with being stuck in the 75era... but she has room to grow and can potentially be made super useful with a single BP being added to her...
    Job Points, on the other hand, are just... a mess.
    (0)

Rieves: stuff people do solo
    Outside of the two areas right outside of town it's a nightmare to solo rieves....
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dayquil
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Job points are useless right now,and seriously instead of motivating players to come back SE is scaring the few who remains to quit playing.
    AH!!!... I'll rather pay $ 100.00 and play Everquest beta.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimjongil View Post
    I don't know why people complain abut JP's You can literarily FC them Get a warrior and rdm, sell four slots to AFK. Pull 6-10 mobs WS, kill, repeat. This will be the new RTM event. I did this today earned five.
    well, great

now you can just do that 100 more times and cap a job point ability

the amount of electrical power your computer will have consumed in the process of doing so is roughly equivalent to one half a saudi oil worker
    (7)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Outside of the two areas right outside of town it's a nightmare to solo rieves....
    All BLMs, SCHs, RDMs and SMNs laugh at this notion.
    And I'm told by BLUs that they have no issues with the "hard" reives either. Cause of that... Spikey arrow spell? It was from the Velk iirc.

If you are having issues with soloing everything that's not the... "noob intro" reives.... You haven't learned where to stand yet.
    (1)

Character
    Jedd
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    All BLMs, SCHs, RDMs and SMNs laugh at this notion.
    And I'm told by BLUs that they have no issues with the "hard" reives either. Cause of that... Spikey arrow spell? It was from the Velk iirc.

If you are having issues with soloing everything that's not the... "noob intro" reives.... You haven't learned where to stand yet.
    For BLUs, it's because they can just sleep all the mobs with something like Dream Flower and go to town on the roots/rocks/etc. Glutinous Dart from Velkk's (odd name, since the spell animation shows a bolas, almost like the opposite of a dart) could be used, but that seems dreadfully slow.
    (0)

10. 03-21-2014 11:27 PM
    Reason
    Not posting for trolls anymore.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlocke View Post
    Id like to see something like this added for each jobs, job points catagory:
    [All 2HR buffs]

I dont know, most of the current abilities seems kinda mediocre. Perhaps something more like what I have posted above? Doesnt have to be 100% just the general idea.

Grim~
    I..... don't like 2hr buffs.
    Even now that they are 1hr recasts.....
    They... just are never used enough to have an augment be worthwhile.
    ESPECIALLY not when it takes so much to accumulate JPs...

I'd rather see more categories for abilities we use 99% of the time... rather than the 1% of the time we use our 2hrs.
    (3)

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast