Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedd View Post
    For BLUs, it's because they can just sleep all the mobs with something like Dream Flower and go to town on the roots/rocks/etc. Glutinous Dart from Velkk's (odd name, since the spell animation shows a bolas, almost like the opposite of a dart) could be used, but that seems dreadfully slow.
    It goes a little slower then nuking them down on rdm with t1 spells but not that much and the mp cost, recast is really low and much safer then trying to keep all the mobs slept.
    (1)

2. 03-22-2014 02:30 AM
    Reason
    Not posting in troll frums anymore

Player
    I'm ok with upgrading 2 hours with it, but it shouldn't even nearly be a focus. The only 2 hour ability I use outside of extremely rare cases is Familiar, and that's only because I can keep the thing up for more than 3 minutes since it lasts a full 40 minutes instead.
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Then don't do it.

If they go back on their earlier statement of "Job Points won't be taken into consideration when balancing content" (much like they back-pedaled on "We'll be backing off on inflicting Encumbrance in the future"), then complain.
    If you think JPs will either be inconsequential or detrimental, why even have them?

Look. If they don't change the rate of acquisition/advancement, a couple different things can happen:

-the enhancements stay totally inconsequential, so everybody ignores JP forever and it becomes the Garrison of persistent character development.

-good enhancements are released, so a handful of sadfats haijin it up and kill crabs for 6-8 hours a day for several weeks to get started, at which point nobody else can ever really catch up, and FFXI finally gives up any pretense of not just being a refuge for people fleeing from an engaged and worthy life.

-good enhancements are released and as a result SE relents on the rate of acquisition/advancement, at which point that guy that will have 200 JP banked by that update is rewarded by being made a fool.

Why would anybody want any of this? Why wouldn't somebody want Job Points to have a positive impact on the game?
    (5)
    Last edited by scaevola; 03-22-2014 at 06:39 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    As predicted, the job I hate most is the job I'm getting stacks of Job Points on. White Mage!

"We need you to come on WHM." Repeat these words for ten years. I don't even know what the mobs in events look like because I'm standing at the back staring at people's HP-bars, and racking up those Job Points for a job I want to see shackled and tossed into the ocean.

I have started soloing Job Points for my main jobs, very slowly. Our LS gets most job points from events, and I'm always the Whm so I'm looking forward to my divine seal bonus, DS enmity-3 here I come /cheer.
    (7)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Do we know exactly how buying them works now? Is it an increase of 1 per point, up to 10 JP needed to currently max it? Or is like some of the merits, 1 -2-3-4-5-5-5-...., with a cap to upgrade points after a certain point?
    We won't know until either SE just tells us or somebody soldiers on to rank 10 in something, but if the points-to-level plateaus and you never need more than 5 JP to go up a level, the 200 JP reserve cap is pretty baffling.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlocke View Post
    Thf: Enhance Larceny effect duration.
    If you want to enhance it give it an enfeebling effect like Amnesia which each JP increasing it's duration from a base of 30's. Not awesome sauce, but then neither is Larceny.

If you're talking about the duration of the ability you just stole, that`d be cool, but that would classify as a DD buff for THF, and we can't have that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Calatilla; 03-22-2014 at 11:40 AM.

8. 03-22-2014 03:06 PM
    Reason
    Not posting in troll forums anymore.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlocke View Post
    Hey if you dont use your skills that often, thats your fault. I use mine pretty much constantly, Infact many situations it can help speed things up. IE: spark farming with a monk, Specially in aby hundred fist is used very very often. Not to mention the new AA and SKNM fights where you are more likly to use your 1 hours abilities. We get you dont like JA, but they are here to stay. They will tweak them alot im sure, but if you seriously have a issue with them might just want to forget they exist. You honestly think SE gonna just say "hey lets just remove it completly" ofcourse not.

Grim~
    Ah... A MNK... I shouldn't be surprised then that you think using your 2hr makes you a good player.
    Aside from hundred fists... And um..... Mighty Strikes...
    All the other jobs use out 2hrs almost never... And when we do, it's for a HIGHLY specific stuff (ala SMN with Alexander, COR in Delve, NIN after a RR, etc) or it's just for dicking around.
    Generally (and this is especially true for say, WHM) you shouldn't be relying on your 2hr to be good. It should be an "oh shit" button... And you should be good enough to never have need of it. (Keeping with WHMs: relying on benediction and curaga5 are the mark of bad WHMs)

Besides.
    You misunderstood my point, which Demonjustin also states:
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I'm ok with upgrading 2 hours with it, but it shouldn't even nearly be a focus. The only 2 hour ability I use outside of extremely rare cases is Familiar, and that's only because I can keep the thing up for more than 3 minutes since it lasts a full 40 minutes instead.
    In other words:
    Stop with the 2hr buffs.
    We already have 1 category for it.
    We don't need more 2hr buffs.
    We need categories that are actually worthwhile to grind for... Because right now... It's the choice between a douche and a turd sandwich. (With some minor exception... None of which is the 2hr. And any job with a Circle JA got royally screwed over. Hey SE, "stop trying to make Fetch happen.")

Which is what "I'd rather have an augment for something I use 99% of the time rather than 1%" means...
    But seeing as how you're a MNK...
    Maybe you believe everyone uses their 2hrs like you do?
    Maybe you're just selfish and want more MNK stuff?
    I don't know.
    But what I do know is that 2hr Job Point Merits are already in existence.
    We don't need more.

EDIT: I should also probably clarify... Since it seems that you are under the delusion that plagues so much if humanity... That special brand of stupid known as: binary thinking...
    Wherein a being has to like something 100% to like it, and if they dislike an aspect of it, then they must too then dislike all of it.
    Which is just plain stupid.
    I like the JP system.
    I dislike how it is currently set up: promoting solo play, discouraging parties.
    I also dislike many, if not most, of the current augments... But I don't see the need to really complain about that, because I know there's gonna be actual useful ones as soon as the early April update. (Cause now we should be getting JA that people actually use.)
    I also find the decision to go with "low level" traits to be especially... Odd.
    These don't work at lower levels like Merits do, at least we've no word if they do.
    And lower level traits are often tossed to the wayside at 99... Which given how this is basically "99 only Merits"... Why the need to start with abilities no one uses?
    Just because I critique something doesn't mean I dislike it.
    That's just an idiotic way to view the world.
    (1)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 03-22-2014 at 10:49 PM.

10. 03-23-2014 09:05 AM
    Reason
    Not posting in troll forums anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    It goes a little slower then nuking them down on rdm with t1 spells but not that much and the mp cost, recast is really low and much safer then trying to keep all the mobs slept.
    yeah I finally managed to get through Kahmir and it was on RDM... and it was horrible.

What people don't understand is I knew HOW to get through the walls, but really, a system that requires people to spend 2 hours spamming stone 1 at a wall to make progress is a stupid system.

The only thing that made it halfway bearable was the fact that I could at least gain skill ups now.
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Lyeria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Scholar's job point ability is actually quite good, and if the grind wasn't so horrible, I'd go out of my way to cap it -

Extra 30 seconds of regen, buffed up with Perpetuation/+2 Savant's Bracers = extra 75 sec of Regen.

Base duration of Regen V is 110 sec. The job points almost double it, and if you've never tried a SCH main healer, it is absolutely amazing on all but the absolute toughest content, and beats out whm in many ways.

AoE'd/perp'd regen V + Phalanx = scholar that doesn't have to do anything for the rest of the fight.
    (0)

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Underpanties View Post
    Scholar's job point ability is actually quite good, and if the grind wasn't so horrible, I'd go out of my way to cap it -

Extra 30 seconds of regen, buffed up with Perpetuation/+2 Savant's Bracers = extra 75 sec of Regen.

Base duration of Regen V is 110 sec. The job points almost double it, and if you've never tried a SCH main healer, it is absolutely amazing on all but the absolute toughest content, and beats out whm in many ways.

AoE'd/perp'd regen V + Phalanx = scholar that doesn't have to do anything for the rest of the fight.
    I agree, I am doing this for my sch. Well he is afk while my blu grinds the points. Blu and sch made out pretty well. But the grind is bad

I can honestly seeing this become the next rmt hot spot. It is not hard to have a war and rdm pull all and sell four spots.
    (0)

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast