Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

The Cait is out of the Box

So now we have finally obtained Cait Sith, put your findings here, and how to unlock our feline friend good luck to all you guys.
    (0)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Findings about the quest to obtain Cait Sith as an Avatar.

1. Head to WoE. Zone in from any entrance, I got my cutscene by going through Xarcabard.

2. Cait Sith will mention she needs to be pieced together and vaguely mentions East Ronfaure (S), Beaucedine Glacier (S), and Jugner Forest (S).

3. At these locations, head to the spots where you recover Lilisette's memories in an earlier mission. Exiting from Southern San d'Oria (S) to East Ronfaure (S), taking the C.A. warp to Beaucedine Glacier (S), and taking the Voidwatch warp to Jugner Forest (S) are the fastest ways to do this.

The correct unmarked ??? are at (H-7) in East Ronfaure (S), (H-9) in Beaucedine Glacier (S), and (I-6) in Jugner Forest (S).

4. Head to the Ornate Door in WoE through the Grauberg entrance. You will receive a cutscene with Cait Sith.

5. Click on the Ornate Door again for a second cutscene. Clicking for a third time will prompt you to enter the battlefield.

6. Cait Sith is the only enemy and is far less than level 99. Pets hit her for over 500 damage meaning she is level 80 or under, I think.

Cait Sith has access to all of her native Blood Pacts and can cure herself. Level ? Holy has a chance to miss completely, it seems. (Received a "no effect" message when she used it)

7. After the battle, you will receive a cutscene and can pick your reward between various accessories, gil, a pact, and some dialogue about Lilisette.

8. After clicking the pact option, you will receive a cutscene and can then summon Cait Sith. Congratulations!
    (3)
    Last edited by MakkotoParinne; 03-18-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Cait Sith's attributes.

Cait Sith and Carbuncle have identical offensive and defensive stats. Tested with /checkparam <pet>.

Cait Sith costs 5 MP to summon, but costs as much as the Celestial Avatars and Diabolos to perpetuate.

Mewing Lullaby is an AoE Sleep spell, and resets the target's TP to 0. (We knew this already, but confirming the TP reset does indeed reduce it to 0)

Eerie Eye does not mention the target being silenced in the chat log (only does so in the Blood Pact flavor text), though it does mention if the amnesia affect takes effect. Going to test to see how long it lasts.

Level ? Holy never lands and always displays a "no effect" message. Going to file this in the bug forum.
    (1)
    Last edited by MakkotoParinne; 03-18-2014 at 06:27 AM.

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Avatar's favour is magic defence bonus.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by MakkotoParinne View Post
    [B]
    Level ? Holy never lands and always displays a "no effect" message. Going to file this in the bug forum.
    wrong :3

(Compliments of CoreyX on bG)

The ? of holy is like "Level 5 Petrify", except the ? (level) is determined by something else (Or random). So it can no effect on some things sadly, this is expected.

Also... Favor is MDB? Awesome, Its actually about as lame as i expected.
    (0)

Eerie Eye's range is AWFUL... Also, I feel that Both Mewing Lullaby and Eerie Eye should both be switched to BP: Wards. Nightmare, and Sleepga are both wards, why should Mewing Lullaby be any different? Bonus, Reraise II is a party casting effect and it only costs 80 MP.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    wrong :3

(Compliments of CoreyX on bG)

The ? of holy is like "Level 5 Petrify", except the ? (level) is determined by something else (Or random). So it can no effect on some things sadly, this is expected.

Also... Favor is MDB? Awesome, Its actually about as lame as i expected.

I see. Thank you for showing that! I suppose I'll try and work out what causes the ability to do damage, try and post some more information if you can find it.
    (0)

I brought that up when it was announced, they're both clearly :ward abilities.

I suspect they made them rages so the SMN could have Reraise/etc free to use at any time, instead of chosing between them or the debuffs.
    (0)

Player
    Do you have to wait till JP midnight before being able to repeat the quest
    (0)

Its like that for every avatar.

Ever.

(unless something changed recently)
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast