Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    If it lets you in. You have to have a certain amount of VW progress to enter from Pashhow. Not complaining, just keeping people from wasting their time.
    huh... I didn't know that.
    You learn something every day.

In regards to the update....
    Why the change from rage=> wards?
    Did it really bother people THAT much???

I just looked at it as "She's like a shitty light-Diabolos... She don't give a fuck about what Her BPs deal damage or not"...
    But I guess... less variety in favor of more... copypaste.... sigh....

Bigger sigh because those BPs being rages were never a problem...
    stupid Lv?? Holy is the problem. Her only "real" attack is Regal Scratch.

So just give Her a "banish V" and a "holyga/ja" for Her last 2-3 BPs... then She'll be fine. (though I suppose even better with the rage=>ward change cause then She can nuke AND enfeeble at the same time... though She could nuke and raise without it so... whatevs. B| )
    All She needs is a "merit BP" equivalent BP... which a "banish V" or a "holyga/ja" would suffice.
    Banish V: to keep it single target
    Holyga/ja: to give Her "merit" BP the same style of Her "non-merit"... aka AoE.
    Having Her have a reliable AoE holy spell would give Her usefulness by the virtue of having an AoE BP... Like Ramuh.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Actually, I had a feeling it was meant for a party of 75s so I figured using that ability would probably end it quickly. But I didn't expect it to last the whole fight.
    L0L!
    One word: Super-mega-overkill.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    huh... I didn't know that.
    You learn something every day.

In regards to the update....
    Why the change from rage=> wards?
    Did it really bother people THAT much???
    it is a big deal, having to wait around 40 secs to use 1 BP when we could be using 2, over the course of an NM fight for example i'd rather be able to perform 60 BPs and not 30 n such, also right after an AOE ?Holy i'd like to sleep the mobs uneffected/still alive and after blood.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

She also has Auto-Regen, Just thought I'd add that as well.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Can we also do a request to have Eerie Eye's range be extended some. It's AWFUL how close you have to be to actually use it.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Can we also do a request to have Eerie Eye's range be extended some. It's AWFUL how close you have to be to actually use it.
    Is the range based on TP, like Ramuh's Thunderspark is?
    (0)

Character
    Saenomo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Eerie Eye

I've been attempting to use Eerie Eye on tonberries, near the outpost. Every time I use it, the message tells me that the target "receives the effect of amnesia" and some seconds later, the mob uses its weaponskills (I've seen Vertical Slash, Throat Stab, Lateral Slash, Everyone's Grudge, Sigh, Words of Bane, and Light of Penance) and spells as normal with no sign of the amnesia or silence wearing.

Summoner level is 58. Current Summoning Magic Skill is 145 (significantly underleveled, but working on it).

There appears to be no message to denote the effect of silence landing, but it does seem to land, and the message for amnesia always seems to display on these mobs, larger ones may resist (untested). There appears to be no message for either effect wearing off, assuming it is landing as it claims.

Mobs begin using TP moves again as early as 15 seconds after the effect is used, however it could be wearing off immediately and the mob just does not have enough TP to use one.

Server: Cerberus
    Player: Saenomo
    Job: SMN58/SCH48
    Zone: Yhoator Jungle
    NPC: Tonberries and Cait Sith Avatar
    Pet Ability: Blood Pact: Ward -> Eerie Eye
    Problem: No message for Silence landing when landing Eerie Eye.
    Problem 2: No message for Silence or Amnesia wearing off before mob begins using spells and abilities again.
    Steps:
    1. Summon Cait Sith
    2. Pet Action: Assault <st>
    3. Wait for avatar to begin fighting the mob and it is holding enmity.
    4. Pet Action: Blood Pact: Ward -> Eerie Eye <bt>
    5. Watch and wait.
    6. Mob will begin casting and using TP moves shortly afterwards.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    That's because it's a pet ability. From experience with BST, PUP, and SMN, a pet landing a status effect never tells you when it wears off. Only ones that originate from the player do.
    (1)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Quote Originally Posted by Saenomo View Post
    Server: Cerberus
    Player: Saenomo
    Job: SMN58/SCH48
    Zone: Yhoator Jungle
    NPC: Tonberries and Cait Sith Avatar
    Pet Ability: Blood Pact: Ward -> Eerie Eye
    Problem: No message for Silence landing when landing Eerie Eye.
    Problem 2: No message for Silence or Amnesia wearing off before mob begins using spells and abilities again.
    Steps:
    1. Summon Cait Sith
    2. Pet Action: Assault <st>
    3. Wait for avatar to begin fighting the mob and it is holding enmity.
    4. Pet Action: Blood Pact: Ward -> Eerie Eye <bt>
    5. Watch and wait.
    6. Mob will begin casting and using TP moves shortly afterwards.
    I believe it was in Dynamis - Bastok last night, but I did receive a message denoting that the silence effect was applied, but the truth is that both effects are applied. The other thing is that even with capped Summoning skill the amnesia and/or the silence effect doesn't last very long either, so yeah....
    (0)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    For mob status effect wearing off: I forget exactly which filter it is, but I think it's a matter of having the correct Filter off instead. I know most people, myself included, have it on because chat log spam = annoying. If it is a chat filter, it'd be npc effects on npcs, or monster on monster. I could have sworn I have seen buffs and debuffs waer off messages in chat log once upon a time and ended up filtering it cause of chat log spam in events that had lots of mobs getting status effects (good and bad) like Campaign battle andit's spamminess. I’ll try to monkey around with my filters next chance I get on, it might be a day more.

As for Holy ???: I noticed no one suggested this, but I honestly think that it should have a base damage, no matter what the fuzzy dice roll (by the way, props to the one who called them fuzzy dice prior lol).

Sure it seems OP in useless things like Reives, to spam some an ability that has at best a 1:6 chance of doing some ridiculous damage, every 37seconds, but lets say in an average setting, it takes you those 6 tries to get that 40k Holy ???, ok great.... but you could have done 6 other Avatar Single target BP's, for 8-9k each....and thats just average. Real world isn't good at depending or reflecting averages 100% of the time. Most people just have real bad luck, and could end up doing 12 Holy ???s , and lets say a few landed on lower rolls, for lets say 2-4k each, and then one mega roll for 40k...ok, best case result: 52k damage over 38s x 12 = 7 minutes 36 seconds. ok, great, now lets do ramuh: 9k x12 = 108k damage over the same time period.

I actually tried using Holy ??? to trigger Azeman's Blue !!'s. I had a few that landed, and did ridiculous damage even on low roll (I don't remember exact, but was like 8kish) but it took like attempts to do so. I just ended up deciding forget it and did Holy mist because it was 100% reliable, even if it only did 3-4k.

tl:dr
    The longer the time between spamming holy ??? for that "ombwtfbbqsauce" "epic" roll, the better off you would have been just spamming something else more reliable and consistent. Even to the point of spamming Carbuncle's Holy Mist would have been a better option.

Consistency > potency in higher level or end-game content.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast