Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    No Effect generally means you lined it up wrong and he wasn't facing you... If he was immune it should simply say "misses" like other Bloodpacts do.
    If the Avatar is the primary target and It's facing her, then there's no margin of error for the ability. Worms are stationary, and face their attacker, so it's not like a Dragon, or other multi-directional attacking enemy. Like is said before, If him readying his ability counts as 'looking away', because his face is looking up technically, then it's about timing. But if the target is immune to either/or status, it may also effect the overall ability. The only reason I say this is because of his immunity to silence. Still, I took the ability into dynamis and was able to have it apply to the mobs there, as they are still classified as NMs, that was my major test. It doesn't apply to them using their 1hrs, As the HP drop is their trigger, but I know that the amnesia is still in effect, because it prevented a SAM from using any of it's TP skills after it's 1hr was used.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 03-19-2014 at 02:02 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The level effect, I would imagine, is /random 1-6 based on Miss Fuzzy Paws Dice roll. I think it's kinda rad as the Cait Sith from FFVII used Dice as a Limit Break. Kinda like a novelty. However, the 235 MP cost is a bit much for a /random effect.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Greetings, summoners!

I have a bit of information to share about Cait Sith regarding a bug and some upcoming adjustments.

We’ve discovered a bug where the perpetuation cost is higher than intended. We will be fixing this to make the cost the same as Carbuncle’s. Also, the physical damage reduction that has been applied to all avatars as a natural trait has not been applied to Cait Sith. In the next version update we will be adding this to Cait Sith as well.

Additionally, in the next version update we’ll be moving Mewing Lullaby and Eerie Eye from the Blood Pact: Rage category to the Blood Pact: Ward category so that it follows the same pattern as other avatars' enfeebling and crowd control abilities.
    (20)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    thank god for that
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So people are dismissing Level ? Holy? This is excellent. That means I can prance about annihilating entire lair reives in 60 seconds to a couple minutes with little chance of a nerf.

There is randomness to it, but having no effect on every target in the AoE has been pretty rare for me so far. And if it a miss happens, guess what? Roll again a few seconds later and you'll probably 1-shot everything. Hitting for a total of over 42,000 damage (over 10K to four different targets) with a single blood pact on a 40-second-ish recast is plenty of satisfaction for me. I hit a single Umbril for 21K alone, in addition to killing the monsters around it (after seeing that ridiculousness, I turned on damage display in log).

For reference, my avatars are 119 with eminent pole, a mix of convoker's, caller's +2, glyphic, and hagondes gear, with capped and merited summoning skill.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For level ? holy, I would rather either-

1) have the ability always do some damage and do more damage to targets who match the level roll, or
    2) have the damage be consistent for all targets and ONLY have hit/miss determined by the level roll.

The primary reason the randomness bugs me is because it is the first new non-1-hour AoE attack on SMN. The only other one in existence is Thunderspark- which has uses, but is relatively weak. I want a damage-only AOE attack that is more potent than Thunderspark (and higher MP cost) without any silly gimmicks.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, summoners!

I have a bit of information to share about Cait Sith regarding a bug and some upcoming adjustments.

We’ve discovered a bug where the perpetuation cost is higher than intended. We will be fixing this to make the cost the same as Carbuncle’s. Also, the physical damage reduction that has been applied to all avatars as a natural trait has not been applied to Cait Sith. In the next version update we will be adding this to Cait Sith as well.

Additionally, in the next version update we’ll be moving Mewing Lullaby and Eerie Eye from the Blood Pact: Rage category to the Blood Pact: Ward category so that it follows the same pattern as other avatars' enfeebling and crowd control abilities.
    Could you also do the following (in no specific order):
    1) Make it so that Regal Scratch doesn't suck.
    2) Increase ACC and ATT up to the same value as Celestial Avatars and Diabolos.
    3) Fix Level ? Holy. It currently seems to have about a 75% chance to have "No Effect" and a 25% chance to deal damage. Of that 25% chance there's about a 50% chance that it will do decent damage, meaning you have 12.5% chance to do good damage with it. Combine that with the fact that it costs 235 MP, it quickly becomes unusable. 37 Second recast + 235 MP and a 75% chance that it does nothing, that's too harsh.

I understand Level ? Holy has the potential to do a lot of damage, but it should be more along the lines of 10% No Effect, 10% Massive DMG, 40% low damage, 40% high damage. At least then it might be worth the cost.

Edit: did math wrong 12.5% not 25%
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    So people are dismissing Level ? Holy? This is excellent. That means I can prance about annihilating entire lair reives in 60 seconds to a couple minutes with little chance of a nerf.

There is randomness to it, but having no effect on every target in the AoE has been pretty rare for me so far. And if it a miss happens, guess what? Roll again a few seconds later and you'll probably 1-shot everything. Hitting for a total of over 42,000 damage (over 10K to four different targets) with a single blood pact on a 40-second-ish recast is plenty of satisfaction for me. I hit a single Umbril for 21K alone, in addition to killing the monsters around it (after seeing that ridiculousness, I turned on damage display in log).

For reference, my avatars are 119 with eminent pole, a mix of convoker's, caller's +2, glyphic, and hagondes gear, with capped and merited summoning skill.
    For reference I have better gear than you and have found Level ? Holy to be horrible. Yes it can do amazing damage, but my No Effect rate is around 75%. I have yet to see it land for more than 4K on any NM and that requires me to use Astral Conduit and spam the attack. Generally I'll only get 1 non No Effect to land.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Oh the vertical conflux in past passhow also works for entering the correct version of WoE.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Oh the vertical conflux in past passhow also works for entering the correct version of WoE.
    If it lets you in. You have to have a certain amount of VW progress to enter from Pashhow. Not complaining, just keeping people from wasting their time.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast