Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Item Recovery Service

I dropped my 119 Mandau tonight due to a mixture of a lag spike and crystals from monstrosity. As disappointed as I am in my misfortunes, I'd like to suggest a service be put in place to restore items of extreme value in situations like mine.

I would agree that the service would be a paid service, and I would be more than willing to pay a GM's wage or more to get back my Mandau.

I'm sure there are situations out there where people are far worse off than I am, but if this were a paid service, SE wouldn't be taking a monetary hit if it were a paid service.

MANDAU COME BACK TO ME!!!!
    (0)

Contact a GM. Everyone is entitled to 1 item restoration. Remember the approximate time and location of when you dropped it. They'll take awhile to investigate it, but it's possible.
    (0)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, I did that as soon as it happened. The reason for my original suggestion was because they only allow 1 recovery per account. Sadly for me, I used my 1 recovery in 2005 when I threw my Bomb Core in Sky back when they were actually expensive and relevant. Although the GM last night said he would put the request in and try to get it back, I felt like a "Once per account only" seemed a bit limited seeing as how mine was the cause of lag, and the last time this happened it was almost a decade ago.

I would just much rather it be a more understanding process than a black and white rule. Stuff happens, and I'm pretty sure if someone spent months and months and months to make a relic, tossing it on accident due to lag, would seem like something that regardless of who the GM was, would be able to see that it was an accident and seeing as how it's been 9 years since this happened before, maybe an exception to the "once per account" rule can be skipped in this case.

I am a long-time paying customer, after all. Customer Service is still a part of business. I'm sure they understand that, which is why the GM still is attempting to get it back, which is great news if it goes through. If not, i'll probably be too mad to keep playing.

So it serves to say that a aid service such as this would be a great addition and paying a fee each time it happened would be much better for both sides. In my position, paying a $20 fee per item lost would be way better than the alternative, and for SE, the wouldnt be imposing more work on GM's and eating a loss of work the GM could be doing.
    (0)

Once per 12 or 24 months is a lot more reasonable if you ask me. Once in the entire life time of the game is very limited.
    (3)

Agreed. The once a lifetime thing is quite limited. I'd like it as a once per year or so thing. Or even shorter maybe. Mistakes happen and while I can safely say nothing in the world would get me to drop a R/EX item I spent forever obtaining... I can see how some people could through extreme circumstances.
    (1)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It should be noted that even if you have not used your "one-time-ever" restore, GMs have stated in the past they cannot restore any Magian item. And a 119 Mandau would have gone through that process.

(Something to do with Augments, no I am not an expert, so I don't know why this is.)
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, he said that IF i do get it back, it might not be exactly what I dropped, and honestly, as mad as Id be to get back a lv 75 Mandau, It'd be way better than only having a story about the mandau I used to have.
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    That... well sucks. I'm still in the process of making an Ageis, and I once sold a few jadeshells to buy some coinage, but priced them as if they where whiteshells. Took a wile to get over, I wanna blame something, but really just my own stupidity. But regardless, I can only gather at how you feel based on just the little portion I lost. Ouch man, I feel ya.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaiichi; 03-19-2014 at 03:22 AM.
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    A person in my LS did the same with his 119 Ryunohige a couple of months ago, so i'm not in the worst spot.

Some things that were told to me by a GM back in 2005 about the Bomb Core incident seemed to make it pretty simple to locate and verify items that were dropped in a given zone.

When I placed the call, he asked what Item I dropped, and at what time I dropped the item. He then told me he would check the zone treasure pool for my item. I asked him a little about it, and he explained to me that each zone has a treasure pool for items that are thrown away, used (like food, ammo, quest items traded to "???"), etc. He said that each item was left in that pool for 1 week (which sounds pretty accurate, seeing as how you have 7 days to report your lost item) He eventually saw the Bomb Core in the list of items, and asked me to verify the time that I accidentally hit the /ra macro that made it toss, and once it was noted that I had the time correct, he could note that I answered correctly, and he gave it back. VERY SIMPLE process, it was that day.

So, when I talked to the person in my LS, he said he still hasnt heard back from SE, and it's been like 3 months and theyre "working on it", and that a Mythic is a hard item to restore due to the item being tied to a multitude of quests, and i'm assuming why items upgraded through trials are "hard" to restore as well, BUT, I cant imagine that the 119 version of a weapon and the lv 75 version of that same weapon share the same ID number.

It all just sound like one of those situations where, if this was a bigger issue, they'd probably change policy to appease the masses, but because it's not as common for someone to accidentally drop a coveted item, that the proverbial wheel isnt a loud enough squeak to get that luscious oil that it needs to keep going.

My initial post was to propose a revision to the current policy surrounding the item recovery service.

Hopefully something can be changed so players can feel a bit of security in the hard work they've put into obtaining their goals.
    (0)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Good News! I contacted a GM this morning to follow up and he/she informed me that my request was granted and an exception was made!

Still no word if it's the 119 version I dropped. but it's a mandau none the less.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast