Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

[dev1191] Fishing System [ Bot fish prevent idea ]

Hi,

I wanted to say that i really like the new ideas to make "Fishing" more fun and cool.

But i bet after a few updates the bots programs will be able to use all these new mechanisms perfectly.
    So just wanted to suggest this idea:

-Players can catch fish only 6 hours per irl day, after that, you can continue to fish and skillup but you can't catch any fish (like, you will only catch a ghost fish).

Also it could be like this:

-> First 3 hours (100% accuracy to catch fish)
    -> from 3 hours up to 4 hours (80% accucary to catch a fish)
    -> from 4 hours up to 5 hours (50% accuracy to catch a fish)
    -> from 5 hours up to 6 hours (30% accuracy to catch a fish)
    -> from 6 hours and above (0% accuracy to catch a fish)

This rate could be reseted every 24 hours after JP midnight.

Because only bot spent more than 6 hours a day just fishing like a "machine"
    Real players can fish 3 or 4 hours before it gets really bored
    (2)
    Last edited by Hercule; 03-14-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Player
    I don't think that would solve anything the people who bot would just logoff that account and use another account.
    (4)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    I don't think that would solve anything the people who bot would just logoff that account and use another account.
    Yes but it is financially penalized, and wake up every 5 - 6 hours to log another account could be penalizing also and prevent alot of people to use bot
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    wake up every 5 - 6 hours to log another account could be penalizing also and prevent alot of people to use bot
    Or~ they find a way to incorporate that into said TPP and boom, problem solved.
    (1)

Character
    Kimchibi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hakuryu botters now line the Beaucedine Glacier like the way dozens of RMT noob fishbotters lined the coasts of Quifim Island several years ago. The developers came up with gobbie coastal mobs to eat the noob RMT botters.

Seriously, if FFXI powers-that-be were truly interested in combating fishbotting, they should make high profit fishbotting areas more dangerous or routinely force /heal on fishers or turn them around. If they don't move, after awhile poof them someplace really dangerous (ebil laugh). These are high level characters who should have decent enough gear from all that fishbotting. They should be able to defend themselves or warp out! This makes the GM job more exciting! And you don't really need to ban hundreds of high level fishbotters...just teach them a lesson. Where's GM Dave when ya need um?

The bottom-line is fishbotting is not being taken seriously again after all these years as enforcement has become lax if non-existant.
    (3)
    Last edited by Iceni; 03-15-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Player
    Isn't there already fishing fatigue where you can only catch so many fish per day? Seems like redundancy.
    (1)

Character
    Kimchibi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Isn't there already fishing fatigue where you can only catch so many fish per day? Seems like redundancy.
    Which is why people create multiple high level Ebisu fishers to NPC Haks. If you make 1-2 mil gil a day just fishbotting per day on 1 ebisu char and Beaucedine Glacier has 40 fishbots running per day, that's 40-80 mil per day entering the server economy by botting alone.
    (1)

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'd wait to see what happens Monday personally.

They might just kill the fish bots stone dead with some new idea.

We can but hope.
    (0)
    nunc est bibendum

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceni View Post
    Which is why people create multiple high level Ebisu fishers to NPC Haks. If you make 1-2 mil gil a day just fishbotting per day on 1 ebisu char and Beaucedine Glacier has 40 fishbots running per day, that's 40-80 mil per day entering the server economy by botting alone.
    But how would the system proposed in the original post affect that any more than fishing fatigue, was my point.
    (1)

Character
    Kimchibi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    But how would the system proposed in the original post affect that any more than fishing fatigue, was my point.
    OK. Both fishing fatigue systems encourages players to create more characters and accounts to get beyond limits for easy fishbotting gil.

Both systems don't actually solve the fishbotting issue as long as the botted fish are profitable because:
    1. Bots can always be reprogrammed;
    2. SE makes more real money when players make additional characters and accounts.

If SE wants to retain its current player base without mass bans they can:
    1. Reduce the NPC value of those botted fish;
    2. Move those fish to more dangerous zones where players will need to remain alert;
    3. Adequately enforce third party rules and move players they suspect are botting. I dunno.
    Maybe create a trickster goblin that warps high level botters along the Beaucedine Coast
    or cast Stone Golem costumes on them for standing in one place for so long?
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast