Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Player
    That's the problem, having content scale is great, but what's exactly the point of going with 18? You're just wasting time shouting.

I dunno, I'd rather have 6 man stuff if you're not willing to server merge.
    (3)

6-man parties seem to leave out more people, not encourage more participation. If you're not a princess job or running with a clique, you are SOL.
    (9)

Character
    Snprphnx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Alliance based content is wanted for larger linkshells that can handle it. There is only so many DM and 16-18 man Delve runs we can do without getting bored.

I like the idea of ilvl 119 versions of PW, AV, Bv2, Ouryu alliance fight, and Legion.
    (3)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    That's the problem, having content scale is great, but what's exactly the point of going with 18? You're just wasting time shouting.

I dunno, I'd rather have 6 man stuff if you're not willing to server merge.
    The point is just being able to. There are still some active Linkshells. It's good that they don't force us to do alliance content, but it's better if they still allow us to go as an alliance if we have the manpower.
    (2)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings,

Currently the development team is prioritizing content tailored towards 6-person parties so that a greater number of people are able to challenge it. This doesn’t mean that we will not be implementing alliance-based content later down the line, but at the moment there are no plans.
    Well finally a reply! I knew it would be a vague answer... Guess I should have expected that. I hope the DEV team realizes that some people actually enjoy alliance content where they work with a group of 8 or more individuals. 6 man is very restrictive and you can't have much room for job freedom like you can with an alliance. When Delve 1 came out we had all different jobs in the setup just because we could, it was fun and laid back. Delve 2, you pretty much cannot do that, the HP adjustment heavily penalizes large groups. Try doing the tree zone with 18 people and then with 6 people, you will see a HUGE difference, especially in the Morta type NM. It really hinders the ability to bring people along for wins like the producer wanted people to do gradually. A person who doesn't contribue just adds 68,000 HP to the mob or more. Even if you clear it, you still waste more time than a 6 man run for the exact same rewards.

Anyways, glad to get some type of response to see that alliance content is planned down the road. If there is something, please do NOT follow the model for Delve 1/2.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    The point is just being able to. There are still some active Linkshells. It's good that they don't force us to do alliance content, but it's better if they still allow us to go as an alliance if we have the manpower.
    Alliance based content is wanted for larger linkshells that can handle it. There is only so many DM and 16-18 man Delve runs we can do without getting bored.

I like the idea of ilvl 119 versions of PW, AV, Bv2, Ouryu alliance fight, and Legion.
    I agree, we should have something for both sides of the fence ideally. My linkshell is very bored atm, we all enjoy alliance content and there is pretty much nothing left in the game to challenge as a group. For some stuff we even have to split up which isn't that much fun to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    I'm glad. I don't want more alliance based content.
    Gonna go out on a random guess here and say you don't have a functioning linkshell or friends.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    So, Dray, what to do? Should be break in to A, B, and C teams for ls events now?
    (0)

Character
    Multiabuse
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It is not surprising at all that SE basically said they won't ever be making alliance content. I'm gonna take a wild stab and say they probably won't make any really challenging content, either.

There is zero incentive to do Alliance content. I have done delve in a 5 man (2 mules) group and done it with 18. Doing it with 5 I left with ~10 merits, half a job point, 110k plasm, and 1/3 the selling price of a Bole/Pelt/Claw/etc. With 18, you leave with negligible/no merits,fractional jp, the same plasm, and 1/18th the selling price of the craft item. Low man groups can leave with enough merits to jump right into a high tier mission battlefield, while the 18 man team has to go farm those merits in addition. In 18-man Bosses spam frustrating TP moves (Timber/Firefly/Dream Flower/Frond Fatale/Deracinator just to name the Yorcia zone) vs seeing them far less frequently in low-man. Even if you try to subvert the amount of tp moves they do (e.g. reduce tp-feed), you still have to account for ~800k additional HP on each NM. That leads to everyone hitting hate caps quickly and the boss running around randomly attacking everyone. In all, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Frankly I would rather they rework tired mechanics and fix current content than to feed us more of these poorly designed and rewarded content for alliances.

In any case, "Alliance Content" is an unspeakable term in this game these days. Just like "Hardcore Play" and "Teamwork." They have been redefined and replaced with terms like "Low Man", "Job Points Botting", and "Summoning Trusts."
    (5)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    I'm not sure why everyone and their mother hates content that requires alliance.....if you don't have friends/ls to do alliance content, just do 6 man content. The point is about having an option for ppl wanting to do content that requires more ppl.
    (1)

Character
    Emanuelle
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    So it was announced that the new Delve will be 6-18 man and an adjustment of HP accordingly, as noted here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...e-new-Delve-II

My question is, what incentive is there right now to have a fully functioning linkshell when there is nothing to do with them that requires it? Why would I want to have 18 people for the new Delve when it is POSSIBLE to beat it (I know it will be, or why would they have included that adjustment to do it with 6 people) when I can do it with 6 people? Why do I drag 18 people into this content when I can clear it faster with 6 people with secondary characters and not have to split the loot at all? The loot is the same regardless of players entering, what sense does this make!? If this is going to be just like the adjustment to the original delve, like was said in that post, the rewards system wont be like Divine Might. There is 0 incentive to bring an alliance.

I've seen this once before and it was with Abyssea. This caused a splinter in all linkshells and pretty much destroyed them. So then after Adoulin came out we were forced to once again gather people up to do the original Delve because it was balanced around 18 people. Then you had everyone quit for XIV and come crawling back because its boring and the people who still had a linkshell are penalized for it.

My question is, will there ever be an incentive to do alliance based content that justifies having more than 6 people in our linkshells? Everything in this entire game can be 6 manned aside from VD Divine might. The new battles they have planned will probably all be 6 man as the originals were (Shadow Lord etc.) One event in the ENTIRE game that requires more than 6 people. This is an MMO?

Edit: Updated this post since its before Delve 2.0. Delve 2 heavily penalizes alliances and even bringing more than a handful of people. If you wanna include friends you can't unless its the strict job setup to get the win or you are looking at 68k+ HP per person. Why are alliances penalized for this when the rewards the same as the easy 6 man (or less considering you can trio it.)?
    This is not true. most ffxi servers are actually pretty empty atm, everyone know this.
    (0)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast