Character
    Abram
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Bagua Sandals +1 and Luopan: "Regen" +3

When I first saw this, I was pretty stoked, assuming it meant my luopan would get a regen effect to counteract its health depletion over time. Upgraded the +1 and took it out for testing the other night, but didn't find any difference in the speed at which health depleted. (Luopan lasts 4 minutes with or without sandlas equiped). Anyone know how this stat bonus is applied?
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I don't but if it's a latent of some kind then it'll be something lame. Or it could be one of those must have someone else be geo in your party or something else just as dumb.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Abram_Chianae View Post
    When I first saw this, I was pretty stoked, assuming it meant my luopan would get a regen effect to counteract its health depletion over time. Upgraded the +1 and took it out for testing the other night, but didn't find any difference in the speed at which health depleted. (Luopan lasts 4 minutes with or without sandlas equiped). Anyone know how this stat bonus is applied?
    did you keep them equiped the entire time or only upon cast of the luopan?
    (1)

Character
    Abram
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I had them equipped the entire time. Was going to do the "equip and take off" test afterwards.
    (0)

Character
    Abram
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Okay, I did the test again, a bit more rigorously this time. Looks like the sandals add ~30 seconds to the life of a luopan. Also appears that the sandals have to be equipped the entire time.
    (1)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    This is one of the problems with this kind of equipment. If you want to make use of it, you essentially have to lock that equipment slot for it. Considering how much a Geo can do other than just laying down Luopans, locking equipment slots just really sucks. The frustration reminds me a lot of Avatar's Favor buffs to be honest, where the Summoner is locked into Summoning skill Gear and pretty much can't do any BPs with their Avatar unless they want to reduce the buff effect.

Hopefully they add a Job Point category for Geo that gives "Luopan Damage Taken -1%" capping out at -30% with the eventual 30/30. Considering how little HP Luopans have, their perpetuation cost, their immobility, and their relatively small range, I'd hardly think a full-time -30% DT would be unbalanced for them. Not to mention all the work that would need to go into getting 30/30 lol
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    This is one of the problems with this kind of equipment. If you want to make use of it, you essentially have to lock that equipment slot for it. Considering how much a Geo can do other than just laying down Luopans, locking equipment slots just really sucks. The frustration reminds me a lot of Avatar's Favor buffs to be honest, where the Summoner is locked into Summoning skill Gear and pretty much can't do any BPs with their Avatar unless they want to reduce the buff effect.

Hopefully they add a Job Point category for Geo that gives "Luopan Damage Taken -1%" capping out at -30% with the eventual 30/30. Considering how little HP Luopans have, their perpetuation cost, their immobility, and their relatively small range, I'd hardly think a full-time -30% DT would be unbalanced for them. Not to mention all the work that would need to go into getting 30/30 lol
    considering that luopans dont deal any damage at all (outside of geo-poison which is laughabel with the amount of mob HP) I am confused why they didnt give them -95% DT from the get go. the luopan cant follow, cant attack anything doesnt get any hate, cant do anything besides buffing... whats teh point of killing it? I mean yes our buffs cant be dispelled, but if we want to apply 2 buffs to melees we need to stand in range, so that kind of negates the dispel argument ¬.¬.
    (2)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I thought luopans only lasted 3 minutes?

I have read though that some pet gear works toward geo's luopans nowadays (Like it didnt at first but now it does kinda thing). I dont use my mini expansion hat (well any of the three really) currently so i was thinkin of trying out that pet: damage taken and regen and see if that helps. and maybe other mini expansion equip if there is something usable there. I just havent done it yet.
    (0)