Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    But doesn't he himself go on about how it's "not just about leveling it's about the bonds you form between the people you meet"? So what's wrong with bringing said folks? Or at least their alter ego?
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Just got in and I'm trying out different combinations of trust npcs and I must admit I'm impressed. It's definitely nice to see that they do interact with one another (at least when summoned anyway).
    (1)

Character
    Ildaron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Fighting Old Men

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'm pretty against that idea really.

no reason, they're all painfully easy if you have even a piece of a brain left in your head. They're designed to be solo fights... I can't even wrap my brain around this request lol :|
    RDM Maat Fight has always been about blind luck.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zindel View Post
    But it's no longer the Hardest LB fight. The SCH's fight is more about luck than RDM. RDM is more about skill. If you're shield and Sword skills are high enough, and you can penetrate Blink then in most cases you can just silence him through his Chain Spell.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Ildaron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    But it's no longer the Hardest LB fight. The SCH's fight is more about luck than RDM. RDM is more about skill. If you're shield and Sword skills are high enough, and you can penetrate Blink then in most cases you can just silence him through his Chain Spell.
    I never had problems with the Scholar one. Red Mage Maat, everything capped sent me home crying. I shall always have a strong dislike to Maat.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zindel View Post
    Not entirely, I mean resists play a part, but they play a part in every mob in the game so Idk how that'd count lol.

RDM Maat fight has never boiled down to just pure luck... its a bit trickier, but theres no combination of spells he can use that spells game-over for you, nor can 1 or 2 resists spell the end of the fight unlss you give in to panic and forget how to use your control spells like sleep or such.

i'd argue its easier to do today than it was ever back then, which equipment like Auster's Staff being so much cheaper, same for Elixirs and such. What made it hard back in the day was really the lack of High quality gear you could obtain... Auster's were expensive as hell and so were most of the other RDM gear required for the fight...

Plus you have Iridial/Chatoyant staff not, vastly making the fight easier, which offers all the benefits of the Elemental staves, so you don't even have to Macro in plutos for sleep, and so forth, its all bundled into one neat package, and a bonus +5INT.

While its one of the most difficult of the Maat fights, being prepared and quick on your feet is all thats really required to win, even considering bad luck. So... not to go back to my original point buuuuttttttt

they're all painfully easy if you have even a piece of a brain left in your head.
    Also i do speak from personal experience, having gotten Maats cap a loooooong time ago lol.

Anyway, not trying to show you up, just pointing out that RDM Maat Isn't really as hard as everyone chalks it up to be, personally I went 1/1 and the fight lasted about 45 seconds, one could argue i was lucky, But I'd argue all it took was bringing the right food/gear and knowing what to do in the fight if things went sour (Bind, gravity, and/or sleep, rebuffing, convert, cure, Elixirs, Cream puffs, etcetc)
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 03-19-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Character
    Ildaron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Anyway, not trying to show you up, just pointing out that RDM Maat Isn't really as hard as everyone chalks it up to be, personally I went 1/1 and the fight lasted about 45 seconds, one could argue i was lucky, But I'd argue all it took was bringing the right food/gear and knowing what to do in the fight if things went sour (Bind, gravity, and/or sleep, rebuffing, convert, cure, Elixirs, Cream puffs, etcetc)
    It is not showing up saying you did the fight all of one time and won. Having a Maat's cap likewise doesn't add to the experience of fighting Maat one time as RDM. If Sleep and Sleep II are resisted a RDM is going to loose the fight.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Have a friend that lost so often to rdm maat that he went and leveled up thf and beat him that way. Maat is a jerk who likes to cheat from time to time and pull out mnk bs on non mnk fights. Have read about people dying late in their maat fight cause he assuran fisted them in the face on a job that can't take one of those like that.
    (0)

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95

Alter Egoes

It would be nice if they allowed alter egos to be used in missions and wotg areas. They would be helpful when you can't find people to form parties.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I'm sure they will add more missions that you can use them on further down the line.
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast