Please add items to NPCs

Because the economy is slow - MOST drop-only/harvest-only items are never in stock on the AH. I am trying to level crafts but a lot of stuff just doesn't exist - making it hard to make progress.

I'd like to see every non-rare/non boss item added to NPCs. Even if they were super expensive, at least it would save me time from having to tediously try to fish up stuff (with my level 3 fishing which never ever ever gets skill ups) or whatever.

I'd be fine with them being stocked like guild items are currently - with only a certain amount being available - it would just be nice if they had pretty much everything. So maybe the fisher's guild wouldn't stock legendary fish - but sandfish, trout, salmon etc, yes please!

With only 7 AH slots people are just not going to put up stuff that sells, at best, for 10K a stack - and probably won't actually sell at all before getting sent back.

Please consider ways to make crafting viable for characters just trying to get started now. Thanks!
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think the system worked better when there was a high population in FFXI, and the linkshells were all packed full of people. You could just ask on your LS, usually there were high-level craft/fish friends who could get you stuff. I remember catching fish that new people needed, quite often. I didn't mind spending an hour or so catching fish for people back in '05. The other good thing about busy LS is you can get advice on the best skill-up strategies, and get tips directly instead of trawling through lots of web stuff. But because the server numbers are lower now, you get the double whammy of less items being on sale plus most LS being near empty.
    So maybe they need to add more buying options now there is less people in the game. Would make it easier for newer players who might want to level cooking but who don't have the time to get fishing 100.
    (2)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    OR, Stompa....
    They could do a couple server mergers... (The other day was only 600 people at peak time on Odin... And Odin is supposed to be one of the larger servers... I can't imagine what the small ones are like.)
    That should revitalize what you described...

As for the main topic, RoE gives you stuff for 1-50 for free...
    And to be honest... With how fast you level... It's kinda a waste of money and time to constantly change gear every level.
    (I basically, with a couple of pieces of exception *coughboundingbootscough* stick with my lv30 RSE 'til I can wear my AF1 pieces... Then put on whatever relevant relic pieces I might have at 71-75. After 75, off to abyssea until 99... But that's just me.)
    But I feel like server merging would result in giving someone who wants to go crazy with keeping their gear up the opportunity to do so.
    (0)

I am not worried about access to gear - but about crafting materials. The economy has changed so much that people are not willing for the most part to waste time putting up craft materials. Most things sold are pop items and high end materials.

I'd either like to see many crafting materials removed and recipes simplified (adjusting drops throughout Vanadiel to compensate) or I'd like to see all basic crafting materials be sold by at least 1 npc. Things like Cashmere or whatever that only drop from NMs/bosses doesn't need to be part of that - but basic stuff like fishes and meat and threads and stuff should be sold.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html