Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Will the recent Delve changes also apply to the new Delve II?

With the recent shifts in the game from the 18-man parties of old to 6-man, it would be expected that the newest version of Delve would follow this trend. However, some confirmation would be nice so that we can start figuring out if we're going to need to wrestle together some extra people to fill out our linkshells.
    (0)

Greetings!

The below Delve adjustment that took place in the February version update will also be applied to the new Delve content that will be implemented in the March version update.
    • The HP of NMs appearing in fractures now varies based on the number of party members.
      The values remain the same for parties of eighteen players.
    (8)
    Last edited by Camate; 03-12-2014 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Correction of information
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

The Delve adjustments that will take place in the March version update will apply to both the current and new Delve content.
    That wasn't the question.
    (2)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Greetings!

The below Delve adjustment that took place in the February version update will also be applied to the new Delve content that will be implemented in the March version update.
    • The HP of NMs appearing in fractures now varies based on the number of party members.
      The values remain the same for parties of eighteen players.
    Won't there be overpopulation/lag issues? Too much stress on the server handling the instancing of Yorcia zones?
    It was already a mess when only full alliances could enter, with the previous 3 Delve zones. With so many much more groups able to enter from day 1 it feels like lag is going to be even worse.

Also, while this wasn't really a problem for 10+ months old content (first 3 delve zones) I feel it's totally unrealistic and unbalanced that the number and quality of drops you can get from killing a Fracture megaboss with 18 people is exactely the same as the amount you get from killing it with 6 people.
    Seriously, it makes no sense.
    Within limits, just like difficulty and HP scales according to the number of people present, even the amount of plasm and number/quality of drops should scale.
    It seriously makes no sense to give all this advantage to small groups. What's even the purpose of going there with an alliance there?
    It's completely unrealistic.

I really like the idea of scaling content, but having it available from day1 and with the same drop rates is really disappointing, from my personal point of view.
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

That doesn't answer the question lol.
    (1)

Apologies! I edited my post above since the information was off. I hope this answers the OP's question.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Apologies! I edited my post above since the information was off. I hope this answers the OP's question.
    Thanks. Glad to see the new content will keep options open.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Lame, especially if the rewards for a 6 man are the same as 18man like it is now.
    (1)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Kinda agree with Draylo here because 6-person version of delve is not very inclusive of alot of jobs compared to running an alliance setup.
    Making a 6 person version available at the update launch just encourages conservative strategies (oh lets just throw some combination of mnk,brd,whm,sch,pld,rng only at everything)

Ive already done the previous delve areas a ton of times, but adding a 6 person version pretty much killed off anyone doing anything larger than 6 person version. I'm concerned that you've pretty much sealed off any hopes for 18 person runs of new delve for alot of your players
    (5)
    Last edited by Sapphires; 03-12-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Player
    In a lot of ways, people wanted 6 man Delve to make it easier, so people could get wins again, instead it only sealed their fate by making it so only the best of players who already have the drops can really do the content, and on top of that making it so profitable with few people via craft materials that taking more people became even less desired!
    (5)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast