Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

Expertise Ring

Hello,

Looking at the latest Repeat Login campaign rewards, I've noticed that expertise ring is missing information on its charges and cool down timers unlike the other exp rings, as the description said "while the enchantment is active"..

vs

Is this ring single use? Or is it meant to stay equipped?
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I believe it's supposed to be the "upgrade" to the "newbie exp rings"... ala:

It would be nice to see this clarified however....
    But I suspect that the timers were just not in the image.
    There's also an adjustment to dedication effects... so... I don't think the "does this while equipped" is how it's gonna work...
    BUT... maybe that's the adjustments to the dedication effects.
    Who knows.
    I sure don't.

But what I DO know is...
    I don't think it's worth 2k pts for a ring that you're just gonna throw away after 10 uses.
    Even if it's recast is 20hr.... a 1/1 xp ring would be the only way I'd drop 2k pts on a single item. (would rather drop that on 2 B.Shanks)
    (0)

Player
    But it's level99 with only 7K bonus, how is this worth it at such a high level?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It doesn't have any enchantment info... even 1 use things do. Your guess is as good as mine but I'd guess either they forgot to put that info on it yet. I'm however hoping it's something crazy and new that doesn't require charges to use over and over. Like maybe it's some other enchantment on it that activates it or it autorenews ever so often like maybe every game/real day or zoning or something. If that's the case it could be pretty awesome way to kickstart people into JPs
    (0)

Character
    Darkdragongers
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    probly new exp ring for using Dynamis armor+2 trial or Job Point
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Apie View Post
    But it's level99 with only 7K bonus, how is this worth it at such a high level?
    If it is 1/1 I would get it for dynamis trials alone, even if I could only use it once or twice a week.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    If it is 1/1 I would get it for dynamis trials alone, even if I could only use it once or twice a week.
    Yeah, dont get me wrong, free exp is free exp, but 7K is almost insulting, it should be 30K of so, at the very least. Spending 2K login points on a ring that just mildly helps isnt really worthwhile (although my stupid ass is still getting it.)
    (0)

Just almost, not actually
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It is probably a once-per-day bonus. Downside is that, because it does not use the enchantment system, you probably will have to wear it to get the effect. Upside is that it probably stacks with Dedication.
    (1)

Although I wouldn't mind stacking the two, I am not sure about how useful it would be. I should be able to complete a single dynamis exp trial with just one 7k bonus, so dedication would be useless to me . In actual exping, even 7k is such a low amount compared to how fast you gain exp, so it wouldn't matter.

-edit- I guess the time needed to complete dyna trials would depend on which job I am using. I can imagine whm being a lot slower than sam.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast