Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

Job points = another form of merit points?

This idea seems really cool and has tons of potential! It could do some great things to many jobs.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...957#post496957

”Mighty Strike Effect Up"
    "Berserk Effect Up"

I can read some of the image at the very least. It looks like the second bonus increases the effect of Berserk in some way (increase the attack granted by 3?). Can't see the description of the first one, but it affects Mighty Strikes.

At the top left it says "Category", so I'm guessing there will either be multiple categories or it's just one per job.
    (7)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-06-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I really like this new idea from SE too, especialy the mandatory use of the job you want to upgrade.

I hope this new "Job points" are going to reintroduce 6man pt and are going to be tough and long to upgrade, like Merit points was when they was introduced on lv 75.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    I really like this new idea from SE too, especialy the mandatory use of the job you want to upgrade.

I hope this new "Job points" are going to reintroduce 6man pt and are going to be tough and long to upgrade, like Merit points was when they was introduced on lv 75.
    Yeah, definitely! It will put a dedicated player of one job apart from the rest.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's.... interesting to say the least...
    though given how it's a test pic... I am loath to believe in any +30 bonuses....
    AND then there's always, if each job has 2 "merits" in their category... can you 30/30 both? It sounded like it... but.... you can never know for certain till implementation.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you could only merit 15/30 if you wanted both effects.

I will say though, the cost seems to be the cheap path like G1 or skill merits.
    Which is really awesome.

AND this breathes even MORE life into merit pts... though... I have to ask... I really hope this wasn't intended to increase job inclusivity...cause... outside of merit/xp pts.... that ain't gonna happen. (and as if those were ever exclusive outside of "we have enough keyer's mr. Lv30.")

Though this, which was a 100% surprise, and Cait Sith have me really excited for the update!
    If only there was a date on it... I'm expecting anywhere from the 12-19th.... since that IS the exact middle of March...
    (0)

Player
    It's great but scary as hell in a lot of ways. For instance, how restricted will these points be? Will they be as simple as merit points? Just get some XP and you're good to go? I think it will be more like certain amounts of points for certain events, 100 points for each normal mob in Delve, 500 for each NM in Delve, something like that rather than simple XP since it's so easy now days, but I could be wrong.

In either case, depending on how this works, I fear for my RDM. RDM is not even close to a common job for events now days, if I have to be on RDM to make my RDM better, cool, but what if RDM can't go to events required to make it better? What about PUP? BLM? SMN? So few events a ton of jobs can goto, if it's only XP then fine, but the system itself will die in a matter of weeks and will only make us more powerful with no challenge or time taken, if it's not XP, it could be a bad sign for many jobs though unless they finally fix the jobs too.
    (0)

Player
    They said whenever you get exp from killing monsters, you also gain capacity points. Once you get 30k capacity points, you get 1 job point. That job point can only be spent on that job you gained it on.

I dunno, even if a job is unpopular, this system could make those underpowered jobs much more powerful depending on the potency of the bonuses. It all just depends on what they do and what they provide.

For example, maybe like... the Puppetmaster or Summoner bonuses greatly increase their pet damage output or something. All it takes is the right numbers and there you go, they're suddenly good.
    (0)

Player
    That makes me feel better about it, still, hope RDM's don't suck as usual. : /
    (0)

8. 03-06-2014 09:55 PM

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    i really really hope that this is restricted from abyssea.

i would really hate this if we were able to just spam exp/points in abyssea pts.

i would really like to have 6man parties around vanadiel. we would put up /seacoms and turn on our party flags again.

oh how i would love to pull a 500 limit chain again, so sososososososo badly.

the playerbase would be shocked, all the hovering players who wasnt sure about returning and left because of abyssea xp would rise from the dead. it would be a whole new game.
    (10)
    Last edited by Feary; 03-06-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Noo I don't want to be abused and tossed into bushes via that vile nomad moogle some more. Though yes all you have to do is be 99, be ready to get your soul torn out by that horrible moogle yet again and then go smack something that gives xp on the job you chose to do it on. The boosts better be worth spending them on to the point you actually notice a difference.
    (0)

Player
    I would really hate if this was restricted from abyssea, I don't want to solo for ages on some jobs just because it's more efficient than grouping, or go through the hassle of trying to drag someone else's "would be more efficient soloing" jobs down if I'm on one that's not, meh.
    (0)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast