Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I love how the original post has no likes. That's an indication of how much the game has improved recently. The game's updates have been amazing.

P.S.: If you're not happy now, please leave and never return. I don't know where you should go if you're such a whiny prima donna, but there must be somewhere for you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Edyth; 03-09-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire View Post
    Pity cause I'd say FFXIV is a "meh" game. Gameplay is very standard and mainstream MMO. And the story/writing is bleh. FFXI's world and writing are still better.
    I agree. It baffles me when I see tons of people defending XIV like it's the best thing ever. I've pointed out pretty big flaws in it (able to cap a job in 2-3 days and feels like a single player rpg with a meh story, for example) and people just defend the crap out of it lol :/

XI > XIV always, even the music is better in XI
    (1)

Even the music? Especially the music.
    (5)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post
    I agree. It baffles me when I see tons of people defending XIV like it's the best thing ever. I've pointed out pretty big flaws in it (able to cap a job in 2-3 days and feels like a single player rpg with a meh story, for example) and people just defend the crap out of it lol :/

XI > XIV always, even the music is better in XI
    I get why people always compare XI to XIV but they're two totally different types of games. XIV seems much more geared towards the general Final Fantasy fan, and less to the type of person who would click with XI (slower steady progression with large payoffs over time, and battle strategies that are planned out in advance instead of reacted to on the spot).

As for the music, well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion obviously, but I personally LOVE the music of both games including 1.0 and ARR. XI's has a distinct charm to it that's absolutely fitting for the world, and likewise XIV's new (and old) soundtracks totally fit the feeling of each zone and the game as a whole.

There are aspects of both games I like better over the other, but for the past couple months (and foreseeable future), XI has my attention and money! Just having way more fun in Vana'diel than Eorzea at the moment.

P.S. if you dig the lore in XI, DO YOUR SEEKERS MISSIONS! GG! So many people I've talked to in game have barely progressed at all in SoA, and the storyline is really getting great.
    (1)

Character
    Obysuca
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    I get why people always compare XI to XIV but they're two totally different types of games. XIV seems much more geared towards the general Final Fantasy fan, and less to the type of person who would click with XI (slower steady progression with large payoffs over time, and battle strategies that are planned out in advance instead of reacted to on the spot).

As for the music, well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion obviously, but I personally LOVE the music of both games including 1.0 and ARR. XI's has a distinct charm to it that's absolutely fitting for the world, and likewise XIV's new (and old) soundtracks totally fit the feeling of each zone and the game as a whole.

There are aspects of both games I like better over the other, but for the past couple months (and foreseeable future), XI has my attention and money! Just having way more fun in Vana'diel than Eorzea at the moment.

P.S. if you dig the lore in XI, DO YOUR SEEKERS MISSIONS! GG! So many people I've talked to in game have barely progressed at all in SoA, and the storyline is really getting great.
    Sad part is, it's not just XIV that's like that, all mmos are now :/ (handing people best gear, rushing to cap, no one talking etc)

Eh, XIV's was ok, but no where near XI's. Also for XIV >.> Same. Battle. Music. Everywhere. (minus Coil/CT)

Problem with doing SoA is that I recently came back from a year break and got chocoboblocked (lol) on the first bcnm one, no one seems to be doing it or even interested for it :/ Which is odd, comparing to the 9 years I've been on XI, people would be shouting for missions all the time, even years after they were done, but it's only been ~year
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    The one where the enemy actually heals you? Take out a trust npc if you're able to.

I like the corthas version of the fight music.
    (0)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I wish SE would pay more attention to these threads. But it seems like they ignore them as much as the trolls feed on them. BTW, this is what these threads look like to me. The OP listing serious concerns about how they spend their time and a bunch of jerks I've already blocked responding.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

If SE had been paying more attention to these threads, you probably wouldn't have been able to post in them.
    (7)

Character
    Kumop
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Personally, I think this is due to FFXIV, and SE redirecting resources to try to bolster that sinking ship, to the detriment of the game that people have demonstrated they're willing to play for years and years.
    Over 1.8 Million Players begs to differ that its a sinking ship....
    (4)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    I wish SE would pay more attention to these threads. But it seems like they ignore them as much as the trolls feed on them. BTW, this is what these threads look like to me. The OP listing serious concerns about how they spend their time and a bunch of jerks I've already blocked responding.
    Except, as evidenced by your behavior in the "73 Beitsetsu" thread, you call anyone who disagrees with you a troll and block them, even people offering helpful advice in as friendly a manner as possible. It's becoming increasingly apparent that you demonstrate all the classic signs of being a troll; antagonistic and insulting posts, completely ignoring responses to you and just returning more antagonistic posts, and all around being an insufferable jerk.
    (15)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast