Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    No one has a proper .GIF for this ? I'm far too lazy too search for one . D: J/k, j/k. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I prefer the almost monthly updates to the 6 month ones before. (More stuff to complain about sooner! ) Kidding!?!?
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Oh look, it's another "I'm quitting the game" thread and the OP is......from Asura!

Coincidence? I think not.
    (3)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    Oh look, it's another "I'm quitting the game" thread and the OP is......from Asura!

Coincidence? I think not.
    Are you "Asura" ? Hahahaha! -.- Funnier in my head.
    (1)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Infidi View Post
    Are you "Asura" ? Hahahaha! -.- Funnier in my head.
    I see what you did there! Well played!
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Infidi that is funny.
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Infidi that is funny.
    If you like that one, maybe you "Shiva(Sheeva)" left a tip. (This ones even worse, feel free to flog me.)
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    You might like it though so, no. Lol
    (0)

8. 03-07-2014 07:55 AM

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    I have played FFXI on and off, since NA release, on one account or another. I have spend more than 1% of my entire life playing this game (just on my most recent character), and I no longer see any reason to play this game.

Every update I have seen come out since the latest expansion has struck me as half-assed and barely thought through. The latest expansion itself was released in an unfinished state, and nearly a year later all the content that should have been in it at release still isn't there, and what is there is often half-finished itself.

We're getting a new Merit Point system. Wow! What a wonderful thing we didn't have before! Instead of just expanding the previous merit point system, allowing us to spend more points in existing categories, or adding new categories for us to spend points in, you decided to duplicate the system! Wonderful! What a new, inventive, original idea worthy of having time spent on it.

Cait Sith? Awesome. It's been so long since we had a new Avatar. And this one has all of seven abilities! And they're so unique in their effects, too!

New Delve content? Great! It's not as if this shouldn't have been included from the release of Adoulin. And it's such great, finished content that the new delve stuff doesn't even have its down zones!

Everything I have seen in this game in the last year has convinced me that the development team either does not have the time, resources, or some other unspecific quality required to produce good content. It tells me that they are riding on the idea that we have sunk too much time into FFXI to quit now.

Personally, I think this is due to FFXIV, and SE redirecting resources to try to bolster that sinking ship, to the detriment of the game that people have demonstrated they're willing to play for years and years.

Whatever the reasons, I don't really think this game is worth playing anymore.
    If you're no longer having fun, don't play
    I took a good break when 14 came out, reached end game there, then saw the revamped hard mode BCs, AF, telepoints, new Adoulin zones etc.. and well I'm back! I personally think the criticism of the recent patches is undeserved, I feel like the dev and community teams have really kicked it up the past few months in delivering a balance of tweaks, new content, and new story.
    (0)

Every expansion was released incomplete. Zilart came before NA release, by about 6 months, so it didn't seem that way, and Promathia had also been planned from the beginning, but still lacked a bunch of stuff at the start. Zones always come out after expansion release. This is about par for Aht Urhgan as far as I can remember. Goddess was the only expansion to really stretch out a super large amount.
    (1)

Character
    Elemmire
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I only recently came back after years and years of being away so I have a ton to catch up on, but ya, I think there is some validity in that they prolly have diverted some resources from FFXI to FFXIV. Pity cause I'd say FFXIV is a "meh" game. Gameplay is very standard and mainstream MMO. And the story/writing is bleh. FFXI's world and writing are still better.
    (4)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast