Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Don't see a reason to continue playing this game

I have played FFXI on and off, since NA release, on one account or another. I have spend more than 1% of my entire life playing this game (just on my most recent character), and I no longer see any reason to play this game.

Every update I have seen come out since the latest expansion has struck me as half-assed and barely thought through. The latest expansion itself was released in an unfinished state, and nearly a year later all the content that should have been in it at release still isn't there, and what is there is often half-finished itself.

We're getting a new Merit Point system. Wow! What a wonderful thing we didn't have before! Instead of just expanding the previous merit point system, allowing us to spend more points in existing categories, or adding new categories for us to spend points in, you decided to duplicate the system! Wonderful! What a new, inventive, original idea worthy of having time spent on it.

Cait Sith? Awesome. It's been so long since we had a new Avatar. And this one has all of seven abilities! And they're so unique in their effects, too!

New Delve content? Great! It's not as if this shouldn't have been included from the release of Adoulin. And it's such great, finished content that the new delve stuff doesn't even have its down zones!

Everything I have seen in this game in the last year has convinced me that the development team either does not have the time, resources, or some other unspecific quality required to produce good content. It tells me that they are riding on the idea that we have sunk too much time into FFXI to quit now.

Personally, I think this is due to FFXIV, and SE redirecting resources to try to bolster that sinking ship, to the detriment of the game that people have demonstrated they're willing to play for years and years.

Whatever the reasons, I don't really think this game is worth playing anymore.
    (2)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Great! One whiny person less! Seems like anything SE does can only be wrong. Have fun with your life.
    (10)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I personally like the idea of the new type of "merit category" with new type of "points"
    Just because if you want to level this new category, i believe it will be more difficult to get than actual Merit point and you will have to play on the job you want to increase, this mean, you will be not able anymore to get a full merit/full skilled job that you never played it once for real, well i guess from what said SE.

Maybe this will reintroduce 6 man exp pt also, stop massive afk people leeching free exp and make a real teamwok experience pts party as it was back on lv 75
    I have lot of hope in this new system and i hope SE have created it properly
    (2)

Player
    Can I have your stuff?
    (6)

Player
    Personally, the game has been getting better every update, I can't see how you find half of these things half assed except the expansion itself and that's no different than any expansion released in this game's lifetime so to complain about that is like complaining that it's 7:30 right now and the sun is already coming up, it's been doing that since the first day I saw it, nothing new to complain about here.
    (7)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Lol wow. You were not around when WotG came out that was unfinished too. You also sound like the people who complain about XIV because they didn't reboot it with a mega crap ton of stuff to do along with the 1st expansion. Cait is a work in progress probably because SE wants us to abuse the living crap out of her and give feed back before finishing her up.

Guess it's time for asura to have an I'm quitting sale.
    (5)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    FFXI is pretty much the best it's ever been now and getting better. So, I don't know what to tell you.
    (4)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 03-07-2014 at 12:55 AM.

@OP

If you feel that way you should take a break. Maybe you'll want to play again someday, maybe you wont.

Either way there are a ton of games, not only MMOs but also single and multiplayer, out there to keep playing a game that doesn't do it for you anymore. gl/hf

(Good luck and have fun.)
    (0)

SE has been pumping out so many updates that it's astounding. They have never updated this game as much as they have in the past few months at this pace lol. How you can complain is beyond me.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    A lot of folks have gone through this. I have a few times and taken a few breaks. Some folks leave permanently. Just don't pull a Crevox and post a couple hundred posts complaining about how much you hate the game and it's no big deal.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast