Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm not getting my hopes up at all. RDM is almost guaranteed to get little benefit from this. /shrug

I hope I'm wrong though.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    Worm parties... All of us old time, old school players wished abyssea didn't ever exist. At least we wouldn't have to worry about not finding exp parties in places like yorcia, marjami, or outer ra'kazmar. Or even have to rely on "Trust Spells" to even exp there for that matter. But whatever.

I find it interesting that SE (a little too late like...5 years too late like cait sith but still) finally has a new job point system and I am looking forward to this.
    Gah. Don't start speaking for "all of us old time, old school players". Please.

That said, of the three zones you mentioned, the only one appropriate for EXP parties is Marjami Ravine, and that's just going to be colibri (well, tulfaires :-D) all over again. The majority of the mobs in both of the other zones are - at best - unpleasant to EXP on, meaning you're stuck with Twitherym, practically speaking. (Nobody wants to EXP on treants, saplings, funguars, or snapweeds, which are the four main choices in Yorcia, and I don't believe there's a panopt camp available; and in Outer Ra'Kaznar, the mob choices are "fomors with high-end weapon skills", Umbrils, skeletons, hounds, giant twitherym, iron giants, and supposedly dullahans, combined with navigation being a potential nightmare.)

Heck, Kamihr Drifts is more friendly to leveling in, and your options are Raaz - which actually aren't horrible to fight - orange sheep and rams, and... well, you get my point, I think. EXP parties aren't just about "are there mobs that give good EXP", remember.
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Welp, no Abyssea or Records of Eminence for building points. Translated dev post courtesy of Yugl on BG Forums.

Job Points
    You will be unable to gain capacity points in Abyssea. By defeating certain monsters in the field, and certain monsters in content, you will gain capacity points. It should also be noted you will not be able to gain Capacity Points using Records of Eminence in the March Update, but this may be subject to change in the future.

It should be noted that because this is content in development, it may be different than the screenshot shown. In the March Update, it is currently planned to go up to level 10, rather than level 30 for each category as the development screenshot shows. The cap is planned to be raised in future updates, so please stay tuned!
    I'm sure some people will shout or more likely LS team up, but if it's any indication of how Records of Eminence has been, most people will just flood and solo exp grind with Trust NPCs while doing Records of Eminence. If SE wants us to team up again in parties, there would have to be a bonus to doing so. Otherwise a lot of players just wouldn't bother with the hassle and use Trust.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 03-07-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Though "certain monsters in the field" sounds like this could be a NM only thing which I'm sure unless it's huge amount of points there will be a lot of complaints incoming.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimjongil View Post
    It is geos who can't solo. Oh and lets not forget brds.
    Lolwat. BRD is an amazing soloist. BRD has a good Dagger skill, access to Exenterator, and can use the Delve tier weapons. Not to mention being able to Buff itself... with the advent of Trust NPCs, I can't see any job having a real hard time soloing. But i imagine the idea to these job points its to reintroduce party play in some way... I mean people with friends aren't going to have a problem, though those who hiss at elitists like they has their precious are probably going to find themselves and their lack of friends complaining here about being left out of Job Point parties cause people only want 4-119DD/BRD/Healer <_<, and blaming SE for it instead of themselves for being about as enjoyable and fun as testicular torsion.

Not that I'm saying this will effect you, I'm just predicting the future.

---I think "Certain monsters in the field" is discussed by Byrths post, which says the German version mentions only level 96+ Monsters will grant Job Points, or monsters inside Delve, Skirmish, and so on. At least I hope so, they could just means Delve/Skirmish and Out-side Delve NMs lol.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The XP parties I've done in Adoulin so far have mostly been in Woh Gates (for whatever reason). When soloing, I typically just go near Waypoint 2 in Kamihr and kill Sheep/Rabbits/(as few Rams as possible). I'm not convinced that soloing with Trusts is necessarily better xp/hr than doing a full party of competent players because I have not really done the latter, but I was getting something like 110 xp/sec doing my Kamihr fights back when the double XP campaign was on.
    (2)

I usually jumped to Matamata at the Home point crystal in Morimar. Even wihout exp campaigns, I think I was getting about 750~1k or more exp a kill depending on my chain, and there are a good few of them in the bundle. plus they're weak to magic, so theres a good mage camp.
    (0)

Character
    Sientia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 27
    Well, since they're keeping this out of Abyssea, here's to hoping they add the ability to group with Trusts this update, as well as do something about the EXP penalty while partying.

I'm perfectly okay with the idea of having to group up for EXP parties to get these points, but I have a feeling it's not going to be something many people will have much interest in doing when these points can only be acquired by killing Monsters, instead of being able to earn them from Records, as well as the good 'ole Abyssea Zerg, and like Karbuncle said, unless you've got an active Linkshell, finding a PuG for this is going to be a nightmare if you're not a Healer, DD, or a Bard.

The concept is nice, but I can already see the problems with it. I do totally get that SE wants to try and bring back the old school partying of yester-year, but it should have been done through incentives to people for partying, such as increasing EXP while grouped up and what not, instead of simply restricting people and more or less forcing them to group again for Job Points.

But all that said, we don't really know yet how game changing these are going to be, or how neccessary they'll be for end-game content and what not, so it's all hearsay right now until the update goes live, we see the final patch notes, and most importantly, see these in action.
    (0)

Player
    For what it's worth, I started a month after US release, pretty 'old time old school player' myself, had 6x75s by the time ToAU came out, but I loved abyssea, everyone gripes about how easy it became, but progression is on of the things I enjoy most in an MMO, when it came out, abyssea felt hard as hell, but as you progressed in it, it got easier and easier, I very much enjoyed the feeling of power building up on your character, yes, even to the point where it got to be pretty easy, it felt like you came a long ways as a character, I loved that. And the exp parties were a welcome change to me too, anything to stop the monotony and waiting ages for an appropriate party to be built. Especially the days before Level sync, I got 6x75s that way, it was kinda a nightmare, in retrospect.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2