World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Unable to extend time from Conflux Surveyor

Platform: Windows 7 (x64) PC Laptop
    ISP: Smart Systems
    Type of Internet connection: Cable
    Internet Connection Speed: 1.5 mbps (That’s not a typo)
    Date & Time: Always
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Wakawuut
    Race: TarutaruM
    World: Asura
    Main Job: WHM 97
    Support Job: BLM
    Areas and Coordinates: Abyssea-Altepa and Abyssea-Misareux (did not try other Abys) Near Conflux Surveyor.
    Party or Solo: it was in a party and solo
    NPC Name: Conflux Surveyor
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    Go to Abyssea-Misareaux
    Go in
    Talk to Conflux Surveyor to be granted visitant status.
    On the request for visitant status menu it only gives two options that is to use the time I have left which is 6 minutes and not for now. Under my currency status I have over 2700 traverser stones.
    Additional Info: Recently transferred from another server about a week ago.
    (0)

Character
    Herby
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    this question might be stupid but... did you bring traverser stones with you? It's irrelevant how many traverser stones you have if you didn't pick some up from joachim or another Abyssea NPC
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think there's some kind of rule with Extending visitant time. Like you can extend it but not if you're under some threshhold of time, like 10 minutes. It's like the treadmills at my gym; you can set it from 10-60 minutes, and you can change this while you're on the treadmill, but if there are fewer than 2 minutes left you can't adjust the time. I extend time (in Abyssea, not the treadmill) so rarely that I'm not really sure. Usually when I'm in Abyssea it's either for XP (where we get so many time extensions that I don't need to extend at the NPC) or I'm doing something that doesn't require lights so I just leave and come back.

Anyway, try doing an Extension a few minutes after you have visitant status, or when you have a lot of time left.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You can only extend your time up to 120 minutes with stones. Example: I enter abyssea and have 40min leftover from last time i was there. I choose to add 2 stones @30min each for 60min. This gives me 100min total. 30min later (70min remaining in zone) I decide I want to add more. I go back to the NPC and tell him to add another stone. It will only give 20mins, because when I first came in I used stones to take my total entry time to 100mins. As far as I can remember it's always worked like this, so I doubt they'll change it now. Also, if your leftover time is 120min, I don't think you can add stones even if you drop below 120 remaining. It's all based off your original entry time, not your current time remaining.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    this question might be stupid but... did you bring traverser stones with you? It's irrelevant how many traverser stones you have if you didn't pick some up from joachim or another Abyssea NPC
    Yeah, it really sounds like he forgot to get the stones from an Aby NPC. <_<;
    (0)

Character
    Wakawuut
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    You guys were right... i forgot to get stones from Joachim. Thank you for clearing it up. <[Runs Away]>
    (0)

lol

Don't worry, we've all been there. XD
    (0)