Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    If you want to fix pet job problems when it comes to things like Accuracy and Attack or DEF you should ask for food that you can feed pets for buffs. Why no one ever brings up the idea is beyond me but I would have thought that a Pet Sushi Zeta for your pet that gives some moderate accuracy of a Pet Curry Zeta that would raise your attack of your pet, something along these lines that you could feed your pet with Reward that would buff them, would be much better than giving a job a pet buff.
    Just wanted to point out, I expanded this kinda idea a lil and posted a thread about it in the BST section.
    When players tackle hard content we have a choice to use food, such as Red Curry Buns or Sole Sushi, which buff our Attack, Accuracy, STR, DEX,and so on. While players can do this on most jobs, BST can buff themselves but not their pets, their pets play an integral part in the job itself and yet on harder content such as Ark Angel battles the pets are simply let to fall behind.

Now I know some gear enhances our pets with more Attack or more Accuracy, but part of what makes food for other jobs so great is it's often a choice. The choice between saving some gil and making up for Accuracy with gear, or spending a bit of gil to get that Accuracy, and thus allow yourself to gear with more Attack, is one BST just doesn't get with pets it seems.

So, my proposal. Let BST have a ton of new pet food, not for healing their pet but for buffing their pet! New pet foods with recipes with the normal food in it and some new item that would make a new pet food, for instance, a new 'Red Curry Treat' which gives your pet the same effects as a Red Curry Bun. This Treat would be crafted using 1 Red Curry Bun and a new 'Pet Mix' crafting item, when crafted it would create the 'Red Curry Treat' that you feed your pet.

Feeding your pet would be done with Reward just as you heal your pet, so using it does activate the cooldown on Reward and give it some penalty, but it would boost your pets stats by a great amount and make BST much more useful. The only buffs players can give pets of any kind right now are via Rolls and such, hardly any usual buffs, and the buffs to a player's pet are often ignored because they don't benefit the player or other party members.

I think this would be a great way to fix pets for higher end content, allowing Accuracy foods for pets such as 'Sole Sushi Treats' and such. This would also also provide a bit of an economical boost, and since it's optional, it doesn't raise the cost BSTs have to pay normally.
    I also wanna say rq, I'm not against adding GEO spells for pets, I hope you understand that, I just don't think it will fix much or be used often at all, kinda like the COR rolls we have now, sure, they exist, but they aren't used hardly at all. I feel like a direct buff to BST itself such as the one mentioned by me in my quote and my new thread would go much further in aiding BSTs everywhere.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just wanted to point out, I expanded this kinda idea a lil and posted a thread about it in the BST section.I also wanna say rq, I'm not against adding GEO spells for pets, I hope you understand that, I just don't think it will fix much or be used often at all, kinda like the COR rolls we have now, sure, they exist, but they aren't used hardly at all. I feel like a direct buff to BST itself such as the one mentioned by me in my quote and my new thread would go much further in aiding BSTs everywhere.
    It's not about JUST BST though. This would also help SMN and PUP too. Help increase BP damage whether it be physical BP or magical BP. Help BLM Automaton land high damage non-resisted nukes, help RNG Automatons with their Ranged Accuracy and help them hit harder.

I understand that this idea is very "niche" but like I said earlier, not everyone is content to get on MNK and punch stuff to oblivion for their endgame fix. Unless you're Pchan, that would get pretty boring after a while.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    It's not about JUST BST though. This would also help SMN and PUP too. Help increase BP damage whether it be physical BP or magical BP. Help BLM Automaton land high damage non-resisted nukes, help RNG Automatons with their Ranged Accuracy and help them hit harder.
    SMNs can build around their pet, in fact, that is just what most SMNs do. Automatons have their own equipment screen that lets you equip them with their version of gear to specifically gear for the occasion. I get what you're saying, again, I don't disagree, but I feel like there are better adjustments to be made that would help the jobs than giving another job like GEO pet buffs, especially when in the case of a job like GEO, COR, or BRD they are so limited. It just feels like it won't make much if any difference except in those very rare cases.

I understand that this idea is very "niche" but like I said earlier, not everyone is content to get on MNK and punch stuff to oblivion for their endgame fix. Unless you're Pchan, that would get pretty boring after a while.
    I most definitely agree, I mean I'm a RDM who melees half the endgame content that comes out including things like Tojil or Ark Angels. But I'm just saying, while I'm not opposed to these ideas, I think it's being gone about the wrong way.
    (0)

Player
    Geomancer's enfeebling auras already help pets more than 95% of the support abilities in FFXI.

Adjustments that made it easier for Geomancer to more consistently maintain enfeebling effects on awful stuff with awful AoEs with less support would probably be just as good in a pet-only situation, if not even better, than a half-dozen pet-specific buffs that would never see the light of day for most folks.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Geomancer's enfeebling auras already help pets more than 95% of the support abilities in FFXI.

Adjustments that made it easier for Geomancer to more consistently maintain enfeebling effects on awful stuff with awful AoEs with less support would probably be just as good in a pet-only situation, if not even better, than a half-dozen pet-specific buffs that would never see the light of day for most folks.
    Right, the thing is admittedly to his point, the GEO has to be in range to keep up 2 debuffs, rather than 1 buff and 1 enhancement. It's for that reason and the reason of needing something like EVA Down with Accuracy Up in order to hit, that I can see any kind of actual need to for these.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Question... For my GEO is 50 and will stay that way until I work up the nerve to level it more and then recap my skills.... (they're capped at 50)

Instead of new pet-specific GEO spells.... wouldn't it just be better to have the spells you already know just affect people's pets?
    It's not like y'all are RUN and are hurting for unique spells.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Question... For my GEO is 50 and will stay that way until I work up the nerve to level it more and then recap my skills.... (they're capped at 50)

Instead of new pet-specific GEO spells.... wouldn't it just be better to have the spells you already know just affect people's pets?
    It's not like y'all are RUN and are hurting for unique spells.
    This is another more fitting idea, just have songs and GEO effects boost a pet too, PUP has minuets? Cool, so does the Automaton. SMN has Marches? Guess what, that Avatar is attacking quicker too. You have a BST in range of Indi-Fury? Falcorr is hittin harder than ever. So on.
    (1)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This is also what I was going to post. Rather than giving us more niche spells that will NEVER see the light of day bar one linkshell per server every month, let all buffs affect pets as well as their master, finally bringing pet jobs into the fold of desirable jobs for events. An added bonus: you free up some corsair rolls for different, interesting new effects instead of their current nigh uselessness. (Useless because what cor is going to go out of his way with positioning just to hit a lonely pup with pet attack/acc rolls, and what pup in his right mind would take that over chaos/fighters rolls when the masters damage is vastly superior to his automatons due to the latters ridiculously low accuracy and attack?)

Seriously, mid 700s accuracy isn't enough for an automaton to have against anything worthwhile, SE. That's not even enough for a normal mode BCNM fight. I know the dev team is scared of making pet jobs overpowered, but listen to me. they are vastly underpowered. If you think something like automaton acc/att/defense/ranged acc/ranged att +100% full time for automatons is overpowered... Implement it. I can guarantee its just enough to bring automatons to something respectable, instead of simply whiffing the entire fight. If by chance it does make a pet job slightly overpowered, then thats fine, it's not like certain jobs like samurai haven't basked in overpowered glory for years on end anyways, and you can always lower it a bit later till it's more balanced. And yeah, while your at it make whatever food the master eats, affect the pet as well. This could open up interesting things where you have summoners eating sushi to help physical BPs land, or pups bsts eatting curry to help their pets attack. FFXIV does this with pets, letting party members buff them and even cure them. Why not take a page from their book and let us do the same?
    (3)

Greetings,

I touched on geomancer a bit in a post I just made in another thread regarding adjustments and spell additions. However, the development team is not currently planning to add geomancy spells that affect pets.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I touched on geomancer a bit in a post I just made in another thread regarding adjustments and spell additions. However, the development team is not currently planning to add geomancy spells that affect pets.
    That's unfortunate, but I understand.

I did see a post from a few days ago that touched on Pet: Accuracy gear for BST, SMN, and PUP only capping at +30 despite the fact the total from all pieces of gear is much higher, and that it was determined to be a bug.

Hopefully that issue is resolved in this upcoming update.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2