Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Cait Sith....meh?

Looking at what BP's it has..first off, why so few? Secondly it looks like hes gonna be used just to raise and never seen again. I cant see stuff like the amnisea or sleep being very potent or even sticking to anything high end, which leaves a 3 fold physical (which unless it trumps garuda..call that another loss) and a random holy...Dont see much use to a random damage skill.

So basically its gonna be used for raises and thrown away...wonderful.

and those ward means no phoenix i guess =(
    (8)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, no Phoenix was the first thing I thought, too ><
    (4)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    I agree, they do need to work on her, for example why have a raise and reraise bloodpact thats so unoriginal might as well just fuse both effects into a bloodpact and call it something like "Divine Tear". And if you notice her progression stops at level 75 so perhaps SE is going to add the remaining bloodpacts in the future? we need Cait Sith to be something similar to a light version of Fenrir we haven't had a proper avatar in years the last proper avatar was diabolos in 2004.
    (2)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 03-05-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    In just glad they finally added another avatar. It only took 2+years. But I'm gonna wait to pass judgment til I see it in action. I'm sure they will add more BPs in other updates and they probably just wanted to get cait out to hold us over.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvo View Post
    In just glad they finally added another avatar. It only took 2+years. But I'm gonna wait to pass judgment til I see it in action. I'm sure they will add more BPs in other updates and they probably just wanted to get cait out to hold us over.
    Cait Sith has been in development for 3 years, but if you notice the bloodpact progression anyone can see that she was basically rushed for march release, I would prefer they hold her and actually make her somewhat decent rather than a raise and reraise spell. I mean shes not adding anything good that our subjobs or a white mage can't do other than her astral flow. This is a total slap in the face to all the summoners that were waiting for her.
    (3)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 03-05-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm no SMN, so take this with a grain of salt, but I always imagined Cait Sith would be kind of like the Seinfeld finale... so much hype and buildup and wait that it would be impossible to live up to the viewers' expectations.

I say don't knock it till you try it.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I'm no SMN, so take this with a grain of salt, but I always imagined Cait Sith would be kind of like the Seinfeld finale... so much hype and buildup and wait that it would be impossible to live up to the viewers' expectations.

I say don't knock it till you try it.
    The thing is just looking at her Bloodpact list you can see how awful she is going to be, her only saving grace would be if she has the same or similar attributes to fenrir, and if she has a awesome avatar favor. This is all she gives us in a nutshell that is unique to her however considering my /whm can do raise,reraise,silence we are really only getting 3 unique things.

1.) Raise
    2.) Reraise
    3.) Random Banishga
    4.) Arisega
    5.) Amensia (Which would probably be super weak)
    6.) Silence (Which would probably be super weak)
    (3)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 03-05-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Player
    Unfortunately Cait is a little lackluster, as neat as giving a pet raise/reraise is, I can't see that being more convenient than just casting Reraise/Raise in most situations. Doing a /sea all Smn on Fenrir right now, 13 Smns online, 7 are /Whm (Gain nothing of note), 4 are Sch (Gain nothing of note), 2 Are Rdm, (no longer need RR items? I guess?).

Arisega is a fun thought, but not terribly practical, who's going to blow their 2hr to raise in most situations, when people do die mid event, arisega isn't likely to save the group, usually if you have several dead people in something, you're going to want to save your 2hr to make a proper attempt on whatever you're fighting after the wipe.

Amnesia is a fun thought, but come on, SE isn't going to let that land on anything we'd actually care to use it on.
    (1)

"Arise-ga" is a huge net gain over /WHM an /SCH... Sure its our 1hr Ability, but this isn't 2005 and 1hr's aren't some sacred thing to save for the last second or pre-determined perfect moments, you can pop em when you need em and Arise-ga would actually be quite nice in some situations. Better news is this will likely AoE everyone in range in Wildskeepers and Reives in general, so thats a net positive. It also means If i want to go MeleeSMN for the funsies out in Reives and such where 9/10 I outdamage every abomination there, I won't feel bad for not being able to raise them , and feel safer being able to Reraise myself.

While I will say Cait seems a little lack-luster in terms of Blood pact volume, there's still the matter of its Favor, and while I'd of liked to not have Raise BPs because I mean... They are in fact a little disappointing, I can at least fathom a use for them, and we now become the only other job aside from WHM to get Arise, in ga form no less. 2hr or not.

Anywho, Regal Scratch will probably suck, its a level 1 BP, those don't scale well unless they're trying something new with Cait, There's absolutely no reason Mewing Lullaby should be a BP:Rage when its CLEARLY a /ward ability (Sleepga, and Nightmare, both wards), same for Eerie Eye, which is a straight debuff, again, should be Wards. - I'd like to think they made them Rages so our Wards were always open up for Raises when needed and we didn't have to decide between a Debuff and a Raise. Still, odd choices but understandable.

That said, all thats left is Level ? Holy, which is a high level AoE BP Rage... Part of me hopes it performs well and can be useful in crowd control, but I can't remember many events today that require the killing of large amounts of Enemies at the same time, Reives again is all that i got.

Regardless, I imagine this pet will be a lot like Carbuncle, mostly a BP:Ward pet and not much offensively. But who knows.
    (5)

Player
    ^ yes even shiva's sleepga is ward...i have a weird feeling this is just a rushed bad attempt to give a promised avatar instead of thinking it through and adding something that would get some good use. I like the raise stuff, though like most people said, if your on SMN your already a mage sub so your not getting much out of it anyways except the arise. Its like they had ideas for both cait and phoenix sitting around and they just quickly mashed the 2 together for the sake of putting something out.

Id rather wait longer and get something i would actually use more than as just a 1hr than have this tbh. Only thing i can see redeeming it is if the higher level BPs (if we even get them) are well worth it. I was also in the camp that cait or phoenix would be a light version of fenrir basically.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast