Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Bards can have more effects up at once, can shift between them far easier, and they have the most potent effects.

In comparison, COR rolls can be annoying to roll over and over, and even when you get them perfect they're still not as strong (The closest thing to haste COR has is Blitzer's roll, which is weaker than Victory March and also reduces TP gain).
    GEO offers a somewhat unique ability of reducing DEF, and they can play support even if they're not in your DPS group (you can stick them in a tank group and still have frailty etc)

While the two above jobs also hold a variety of special buffs for ranged and magic DPS, the problem is that both those are rather undervalued (Well, maybe not RNG, but it's still pretty specific instances). Those two are the jobs that still get invited, though:

DNC adjustments have already been announced and I'll wait to see what they do. Buffing up quickstep and boxstep may help out quite nicely (please remove the 5% miss rate on steps if possible, its annoying), possibly buff haste samba.
    RDM has lost a great deal of its supportive MP battery function because of infinite MP, please give them some new unique spells. AoE Temper would be fantastic, for instance. Some whispers of Haste II came from the devs a long while back and while I think it's kind of a lame way to make them relevant again, I suppose it'd be better than nothing (it'd also make them another potential "outside-the-party" buffer) Giving them more support options again would make them a true hybrid mage again, and I'd love to see that. (And if I may put my flamesuit on you could even attach them to an enspell if that's what gets you giddy, but that kinda overlaps with what DNC does).
    SMN isn't even worth mentioning, Avatar's Favor needs a really big reworking in order to be useful, and their Wards could use a bit of help too. SMN absolutely needs the most help out of all the jobs that can be considered support.

SCH isn't really considered a support but I'll mention it anyway- I would really love it if you guys unborked helix spells and Modus Veritas. The minute stunspamming doesn't work nobody will look for SCHs anymore.
    (7)
    Last edited by Kincard; 03-11-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I cant wait to see this new gear to help luopans out which will surely have jsut 1 pdt for the luopan. how bout some pdt crap for us? you put it on like almost all the bard relics. but the job u want to actually stand the whole time in danger gets nothing! Bard jsut runs in sings and peaces out!
    (2)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Whoever thinks bard currently has a SLIGHT lead at buffing melees is clearly not playing the same game the rest of us are playing.
    While that is true, a geo in a party full of rangers can really boost their accuracy and attack
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    While that is true, a geo in a party full of rangers can really boost their accuracy and attack
    So can Bard and Corsair, and if they have a tank and healer they can also buff them too unlike GEO.
    (2)

Character
    Doctorugh
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Suggestions to SE to get other support jobs into a party more quickly rather than waiting for a BRD:

DNC: -using job points to move haste samba to 15%
    -using job points to augment steps (add 1% per level of step bringing total to 18% def down, same with quickstep,ect)
    -allow for dazes to stack with en-type spells (this one is especially annoying)

RDM -Give Haste 2 - 25%

GEO - Give geo(aoe) - magical haste 10%

Bascially what this allows is a combination for a party or alliance to hit the haste cap without a BRD for several (but not all jobs). For example: You have alliance with Geo, for a party of DW jobs or MNK you only need a DNC to cap haste, instead of a BRD. Cant find a GEO or BRD, hey how about that RDM job? That will cover it. It doesn't really "break" or chance the game, just gives more options to hit the same thing.

As far as COR goes, the buffs are much stronger than ppl give credit. An 11 on Chaos > minuet x2 with soulvoice, so it has a niche for usefulness.
    If anything I would say you could add a third roll from a defensive category only as a nice boost (gallant roll,magus roll,ninja roll) it would get some use at of the rolls that are rarely touched
    (2)
    Last edited by doctorugh; 03-11-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Whoever thinks bard currently has a SLIGHT lead at buffing melees is clearly not playing the same game the rest of us are playing.
    I think that Bard has a tiny lead over other support jobs. But then again I've been playing Super Mario Sunshine. I don't understand anything that you people are talking about. For example, what, exactly, is a Bard?
    (4)

A bard is like a big bag of sunshine. Coming from Super Mario Sunshine, it'd be right up your alley.
    (0)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Long time ago SE said something about giving cor 3rd roll, why not do that now? just increase roll duration 1 min more to avoid problems with timers
    (1)

Player
    Regarding about COR I believe many ppl would gladly accept if instead of that horrible random rolls for COR, we could get "Rolls skill", they can even give a chance of bust if they believe the balance is not fair, but I really believe it would be better than always trying to get an 11 or bust or getting so-so rolls.
    (0)

Character
    Brixy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What you think the problem is with Geomancer: Buff potency.
    What the actual problem is: Luopan survivability.
    You can buff potency all you want for Geomancer... It won't fix the main issue we have. This has been posted in many of the posts already and it seems you either don't care, or don't want to fix the job. Instead you keep responding with "potency!". I honestly doubt any -DT added to the luopans will solve anything. They need to have a set duration like Indicolure spells.

Luopan Issue:
    • Make Luopans immune to damage but increase the rate that they lose hp over time. Target duration of Geocolure spells would be around 3 minutes
      (same as Indicolure spells).
    • Change Dematerialize effect to remove the damage over time effect from Luopans for a certain duration.
    • Replace "Luopan: Damage taken -10%/-11%" on Geomancy mitaines/+1 with either: "Luopan: HP +10%/+11%" or "Luopan: Regen +1/+2".
    Reasons:
    Bard and Corsair give buffs for 0 cost and they last a long time with no downside other than the fact they can be removed by dispel. Geo spells cost an insane ammount of mp and are one shot by everything endgame currently. What good is a buffing job if they run themselves out of mp trying to do their job only to fail because their "buff" is actually a squishy pet that dies as soon as you cast it. I understand you want Geomancer to be unique and I feel the same way. Their unique qualities is why Geomancer is one of my main and favorite jobs, but not being able to do you main role is not a unique quality I like having to play around. Make Bard and Corsair buffs take damage and see how long it takes for them to complain about the same issues. Actually... imagine you are playing Bard and every monster in the game is Kurma and only has the TP move Tortoise Song, you now know how it feels to play Geomancer. We already have a unique roll since we can buff the entire alliance by debuffing enemies (frailty and torpor come to mind here). This alone gives us a very strong and unique aspect that other support jobs don't have. We can buff people without being required to be in a specific party. Geomancer is also the only job that can successfully lag even the best of computers!
    • Make Geocolure debuffs place an aura on the enemy similar to how Indicolure spells place auras around the Geomancer. There was a few post earlier asking for something similar to this. My idea was a little different but comes from the same points addressed in those posts. This would fix some spells that are currently useless like Geo-Gravity.
    • Add the ability: Avast (name means to stop or cease). Transfers the perpetuation cost of the Luopan to the geomancer. Effect ends if the Geomancer's hp goes below 50%. Think of it as a mix of Summoner's perpetuation cost of avatars and Scholar's Sublimation mixed together. This would allow Geomancer to expand the duration of a Luopan and give a nice use to the spell drain, while adding a necromancer feel for the job. You could really just replace my earlier Dematerialize idea with this ability.
    • Add the Spell: Transpose (name means to transfer). Steals an enemy's HP and transfers it to your Luopan. Make use of that dark magic skill! Could use this for a luopan that is low on HP and then use Concentric Pulse for maximum damage.
    • Geomancer fails in single party events due to one reason: We can't spread buffs to everyone. We are limited to 2 effects at any given time. Bards can give double march and double minuet to the damage dealers then run and give ballads to the mages for a total of 7 buffs and possibly more depending on what the party set up needs. This is not even including the enfeebles bards can throw on enemies afterwords such as elegy. Corsair can do the same thing to an extent but not quite as many buffs as bard. They can still split their buffs to benefit everyone in the party. Geomancer is stuck with whichever 2 they choose and can't split their buffs up to benefit both mages and damage dealers without sacrificing something. Allowing us to cast a 2nd Indicolure spells on party members would be a very good start to fixing this huge problem.
    • Someone mentioned giving Geomancer Indi/Geo-Haste. I doubt this would do anything for Geomancer unless we get the option of a 3rd buff since 1.) Geomancer is usually outside of the damage dealing party so Bard and Corsairs can do their buffs. 2.) Embrava and marches exist so we will always be stuck on enfeeble mode. 3.) In 6 man parties this could possibly see some use but again we are limited to 2 buffs and one of them is always going to be defense down.
    It seems like you want to fix geomancer but you are not sure how to do it without messing up their unique pet system. I think these adjustments would give geomancer more of a pet job feel and still fix the main issues we face due to luopans.

Cardinal Chant:

Based on the artifact quests storyline and the actual name Geomancer, the job has a feeling of nature and using the earth and surroundings to their benefit. Cardinal chant was a good idea that used this concept to make position a strong part of the job, but that was really the only trait or ability that focused on this unique aspect. Here are a few ideas to augment the current Cardinal Chant by using Geomancer's exclusive -ra spells:
    • North bonus is currently magic critical hit rate. This direction focuses on luck to deal higher damage than usual so add the augment of increasing critical hit damage and magic critical hit damage for party members.
    • East bonus is currently magic attack bonus. This direction focuses on pure damage increase so add the augment of increasing the damage taken based on the -ra spell used. For example: Stonera II would cause earth elemental magic to deal more damage for party members.
    • South bonus is currently magic accuracy. This direction focuses on precision over power so add the augment of reducing magic evasion of the -ra spell used. For example: Aerora II would reduce wind magic evasion and make spells such as silence and gravity easier to land.
    • West bonus is currently magic burst bonus. This direction focuses on magic bursts so add the augment of increasing skillchain damage and magic bursts damage on a sucessful magic burst for party members.
    • Geomancy Galero/+1 would increase the duration of these effects by 15/30 seconds and potency by 3%/5%. Yep, I just made this useless item have a good use. Awesome huh?
    Reasons:
    These changes would allow Cardinal chant to be used for something other than free magic attack bonus which is the main reason to currently use it. It also allows us to buff our party in ways other than indi/geo spells. Currently -ra spells are a clone of -aga spells (other than how the targeting works), this would give them a unique twist for not only offense but for defensive play. Target duration for these effects would be 1 minute.

Other:

Some spells I would like to see at some point:
    Enfeeble based -ra spells such as sleepra, bindra, gravira. These won't happen because Red Mages will cry about it. Bard, Corsair, Scholar, and pretty much every other buffing job has a form of dispel, feel free to toss us one. Possibly change Concentric Pulse to sacrifice your luopan to deal damage to targets in range and dispel up to 3 buffs. This ability is useless in its current form.

I will add more ideas to this post if I think of some. Thanks for taking the time to read if you did!
    (1)
    Last edited by Brixy; 03-27-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast