Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    its a hierachary. yes geo is a buff job, but other jobs are better at it by design.

brd only purpose is to buff unlike geo or cor. you cant seriously be that narrowminded on job selection.

ideally geos abillities to nuke and debuff vs buff. brings this reasoning into perspective.

geo is not to replace bard or cor, and s.e has done a great job of maintaining the balance.

Players just need to learn how to play it to make up for the haste lost with damage from nukes. and taking advantage of the enfeebles
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    No, im not trolling. i think you dont understand which part i was calling you a hypocrite for.
    how can say you respect and understand S.E P.O.V when they just said
    "The team would like to focus on bringing out the uniqueness of geomancer as opposed to just making them similar to bard or corsair so that they are not just the same type of job."
    *yadda yadda yadda - unnecessarily long*
    you dont understand or respect s.e p.o.v.
    And again, I point you to reread my post to gain some clarity. The part you're bolding I didn't say I respect. I respect wanting to maintain Geomancer being a unique job. Just because I respect and support the goal for the job to retain some unique qualities, doesn't mean I have to support the method in which they are creating that unique quality. Pointing out the issues Geomancer faces as being a desirable support class through comparison does not mean what you think it means.

What I am saying: Geomancer should be equal in providing a support role to a party like any other support class.

What you think I am saying: Geomancer should be just like Bard and Corsair.
    (/sarcasm Because those jobs are exactly alike /endsarcasm)

Before you reply that means the same thing, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    there is also a post where they explained, why they dont make certain these type of adjustments to geo.

namely, they want geo to have its own path that is not just based on its loupon. so making suggestions based on comparisons of other jobs wont get you anywhere.
    They have posted they don't want Geomancer to be a mirror-copy of Corsair or Bard. When I compare Geomancer, it is in the frame of reference of the role it falls under, which is support. If Geomancer's only role is to provide unique alliance buffs, it is too narrow of a role. You don't have to agree with it, just don't try to personalize it by smearing my character. I don't need to call you any names back, you're demonstrating enough on your own for people to see.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The team would like to focus on bringing out the uniqueness of geomancer as opposed to just making them similar to bard or corsair so that they are not just the same type of job.
    Geomancer is definitely very unique. No other job is wanted so badly for alliance content but shunned so completely from everything else. It is not even a satisfactory low-man support job simply because it's spells cost way too much, so you either heal like a gimped RDM or SCH, or debuff and do nothing else. It is not a great nuker for the same reason. Unlike the broken state of SCH when it was released, GEO doesn't even have any viability as a subjob.

Geomancers have a nice advantage because they are able to spread enhancement effects that cannot be dispelled to a large amount of people and also their enfeeblements cannot be resisted by enemies.
    In actuality, Geomancer buffs have the smallest range of any enhancing magic, because they effectively wear off when you step outside the bubble. And since the Indi- buffs do not reach across parties, the 'large amount of people' makes even less sense. If you are equating debuffs to enhancement effects, then a sch/blm using stun is more useful than the entirety of GEO, because you can win without a GEO's debuffs, but if you miss a stun your delve run could end. Moreover, what's the point of resisting the spells when mobs can simply poke the luopan so it dies?

The team would like to focus on these unique aspects when making adjustments to differentiate geomancer as a support-type job.
    The recent changes to make RUN a "better tank" have made it all the more clear that SE should focus less on their ideals and more on playability.
    (9)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AppropriateName5786 View Post
    Geomancer is definitely very unique. No other job is wanted so badly for alliance content but shunned so completely from everything else. It is not even a satisfactory low-man support job simply because it's spells cost way too much, so you either heal like a gimped RDM or SCH, or debuff and do nothing else. It is not a great nuker for the same reason. Unlike the broken state of SCH when it was released, GEO doesn't even have any viability as a subjob.

In actuality, Geomancer buffs have the smallest range of any enhancing magic, because they effectively wear off when you step outside the bubble. And since the Indi- buffs do not reach across parties, the 'large amount of people' makes even less sense. If you are equating debuffs to enhancement effects, then a sch/blm using stun is more useful than the entirety of GEO, because you can win without a GEO's debuffs, but if you miss a stun your delve run could end. Moreover, what's the point of resisting the spells when mobs can simply poke the luopan so it dies?

The recent changes to make RUN a "better tank" have made it all the more clear that SE should focus less on their ideals and more on playability.
    They have Cardinal Chant for low level subbing; however, its not on par with the other subjobs I agree.
    (0)

Greetings,

I have some additional information to share regarding geomancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    GEO struggles with any content as buffer where their luopans die because of one hit (AAs very difficult, list goes on) and where the PT is more dynamic (aka wandering around changing position)

- Implement a Indi/Geo Spell that gives Magical Haste.
    When it comes to giving support to close range attackers, bard currently has a slight lead and the development team would like make adjustments to bring geomancer and other support jobs closer to bard.

The team is still looking into various things and as I mentioned previously, but we are not at the stage where we can talk about it in detail, but there is a possibility of adding a haste effect to geomancer.

In regards to luopans dying quickly in certain content, there are no plans to directly adjust luopans, but we are planning to add equipment and other elements that boost luopan durability.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Whoever thinks bard currently has a SLIGHT lead at buffing melees is clearly not playing the same game the rest of us are playing.
    (24)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Whoever thinks bard currently has a SLIGHT lead at buffing melees is clearly not playing the same game the rest of us are playing.
    i ahve to agree, your out of you mind if you think a job that can have not only the most potent buffs, but more than anyone else, not having to ever worry about crap like the random factor that more often than not makes your buffs mediocre for COR or having to do constant upkeep/positioning on geo (along with hefty MP costs for pretty much the one spell people care about for geo...frailty of course...which if they didnt have geo would barely be used if at all tbh)

nothing is better than always good stable 3-4 buffs than 2 buffs that are either constantly random or need to be moved and taken care of.
    (7)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    When it comes to giving support to close range attackers, bard currently has a slight lead and the development team would like make adjustments to bring geomancer and other support jobs closer to bard.

The team is still looking into various things and as I mentioned previously, but we are not at the stage where we can talk about it in detail, but there is a possibility of adding a haste effect to geomancer.
    The main reason Bard has such a stranglehold over other support jobs is Haste. It greatly boosts damage over time, increases TP gain without lowering it like -delay, and it affects recast timers. I know the development team wants to try to not give similar things to other jobs, but once they put something like haste into the game, it's hard to restrict it's access. It's importance is the equivalence of cure to healers. BRD can still be king of buffs if they wish it to be without hybrid support/damage capable jobs stealing it's thunder. There's a 3rd march animation in the files, release the new march. Bard can cap magical haste for a party on it's own but at least a 3rd march will allow in some situations to drop a haste song for something else. Give BRD some magic boosting songs.

The key to a great support job role is their tools of utility and versatility, and other support classes like Geomancer and Corsair are missing a very basic hard to replace one without haste. They need to give Geomancer Indi-/Geo-Haste and they need to change Corsair's Blitzer's Roll to actual Haste instead of -delay.
    (5)

Player
    not only should GEO get haste but also regain like it was suggested before the job was released, I mean for goodness sake we have Indi & Geo slow we need the opposite.
    (5)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    this new equipment will need to be amazing to help loupans exist in Arch Angel fights difficult and higher. Double hp and 50% dmg reduction may help. Maybe a Dematerialize/Life Cycle augment?
    (2)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast