Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Blu debuffs suck and never stick on anything worth casting them on trust me been playing blu for years and giving up traits for crappy debuffs that either mobs are flat out immune too or you need ES to land is not worth it, dnc doesn't add enough dmg to 6 man or 18 man content to take with how it is now and everything dnc main offers that a party would want /dnc (haste samba even the weaken sub version) gets same with it's debuffs. Angon is ok but on any fight that dds have to go /nin the drgs gets the short end of the stick and taking another mnk or nin main would be better. The main reason to take a thf is TH, before they messed with feint merits it used to be a really nice debuff you could keep up full time now its not as useful, again TH is the sole reason to take a thf. Really if debuffing was effective you would see more of it but you don't cause mobs are immune or highly resistant.
    debuffing isnt effective because the easier route for ally content is to go bard rotation, people take what they get once brd/cor rotation would get nerfed. trust me. And yes I know blu debuffs dont mostly stick, some however do. And the rotation nerf would give an incentiv to fix those blu debuffs without makeing the game broken.
    Debuffing works, just noone does it, because rotation buffing requires less/no work and just a couple of mules. even if potent debuffs are 2/3 of the time up, they still would help alot.
    (3)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's troubling how much SE ignores the job balance. Especially when the jobs that we're restricted to require unobtainable items.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    The no brd rotations would kill off 2 song brd totally. Right now you can get away with one 2 song brd in a alliance or even two of them if you have a good LS but take away the rotations the demand for the 4 song brds will increase. The rest of your post solves nothing as well or would make things worse for other jobs again not fixing the core issue.
    This is kind of the overall problem that we're talking about. Bard rotations, while a "creative" way to maximize effectiveness, is sort of akin to gear switching, which is something the dev team has been trying to shy away from. Plus, I think we a lot of folks can agree that it would be awesome to not feel like they "needed" to do those rotations. But what if having more than 2 songs was one day considered to be more of a perk rather than a need?

The only reason why people are so dependent on 3+ song bards is because not much else quite matches up at the moment, because things aren't really well-balanced for endgame. I mean there are plenty of other jobs that could potentially fill the support role (blu, rdm, cor, geo, pup, smn, sch, etc...) Perhaps if Debuffs were a little more on par with Buffs, and Regen effects were a little more on par with cures, then we might be able to see a little bit less of a monopoly on the support role by White mages and bards.
    (2)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    hope they fix run for u people =D all i got to say is idc what they give it ill never invite one <,<
    (0)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    hope they fix run for u people =D all i got to say is idc what they give it ill never invite one <,<
    Fair enough?... I guess?
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Blu debuffs suck and never stick on anything worth casting them on trust me been playing blu for years and giving up traits for crappy debuffs that either mobs are flat out immune too or you need ES to land is not worth it, dnc doesn't add enough dmg to 6 man or 18 man content to take with how it is now and everything dnc main offers that a party would want /dnc (haste samba even the weaken sub version) gets same with it's debuffs. Angon is ok but on any fight that dds have to go /nin the drgs gets the short end of the stick and taking another mnk or nin main would be better. The main reason to take a thf is TH, before they messed with feint merits it used to be a really nice debuff you could keep up full time now its not as useful, again TH is the sole reason to take a thf. Really if debuffing was effective you would see more of it but you don't cause mobs are immune or highly resistant.
    Some truth to what you say here, Blu debuffs are not that reliable. Blu's debuffs stop landing after normal on AAs, yet their debuffs are okay on other content enemies from what I've noticed. On normal DMII, frightful roar and Bilgestorm are rather decent too. I wish Tourbillion would work...

Also, Drg can be pretty decent in AA if geared well...better than mnk perhaps, not rng though

I completely agree with everything, mostly, you say here though. I hope SE is paying attention to this thread.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd also like to say that I am soooo tired of Rng being the new shout job...pretty much took the place of Mnk. Bleh
    (2)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    Feary, you have the strangest idea of class balance that I've ever seen lol. I honestly think you're being sarcastic at this point. Let's say your right though. What you're implying is that SE's goal is to create new game content and boss encounters where only a few classes are viable at endgame at a time, while the rest should be happy with being relegated to minor roles soloing older content, because that's their "niche". The perspective of the player base doesn't matter, because picking the "right" job for endgame is all part of the strategy.

If that's truly the case, then you basically mean that SE is content with alienating the rest of the players who's favorite jobs are now excluded from being able to participate in endgame content, since it's not their "niche".

I really find that hard to believe, because if that were truly the case, then why do you think they bothered releasing ilvl119 gear for all the jobs? I mean, since only about 6 or 7 of them are going to really need them in the end.

Your idea of class balance is basically the formula for what makes an mmo lose subscribers. Stick to the original class concept regardless of it works in your latest game content or not. Hey you might be content with that, but a bunch of other people aren't, and I'm sure that SE isn't content with watching their game continue to shrink. That's why we're leaving this feedback or.. "whining" as you like to put it, because more than any other time in the past, I get the feeling that this development team is more focused on moving forward with the game and finding success with FFXI again, rather than watching it go down like a sinking ship.
    lol strangest? well i guess since i am an anomaly. Since i have been subscribed from 2004 and still find this game content to be extremely fun and entertaining. Over the years. ive gained a different perspective, yes. I was strange when i wanted maat's cap (i had before abyssea was announced), i was strange when i farmed 10 empyreans and now im strange because i can understand what s.e means when they imply job balance. meh w.e im extereme i know this. however i just dont understand why ppl cant enjoy 2 3 jobs, play it to its fullest and move on with thier lives. the way s.e has changed the job gear selections, character space and slips you have fully gear 6+ jobs.

i find your suggestions to be an sarcastic idea, in a thread that suggests we nerf aegis and get rid of brd rotations. lol

Do some of you actually play the jobs in strategies and gear you've mention? MDT/DT and MEVa gear from latest updates serves PLD well enough for Magic damage. In fact i have both ochain/aegis and anyone who has played PLD knows that aegis is a very situation piece. Ochain is what you will use 90 percent of your time in current content, and that it's strengths are not specifically its block rate but its convert damage to mp. in fact any decent pld can tank with a killedar Shield. Most a pld does now is super tank mass mobs,Aegis does not need to be nerfed get over yourselves and play the damn game. D

Maybe because i focus on all the jobs and how they relate to content over a decades time i can get a better over picture of what is going on.
    i dont just look at what my job doesnt have, or what could make my life easier since most

i find most players look at this game and thing its should be this happy place where everyone/job is equal and most complains are because of a person slighting someone on thier job because they have unrealistic expectations. i agree some of the issues and stereotypes around jobs are bad and unnecessary and there is room for improvement.

ill be the first one to tell you that this game needs improvement, however the suggestions are made from perspectives that are totally screwd. Most of the game problems are not game mechanics, its just ppl treating other people badly and players not take their one job seriously. there is a hierachry with gear and content. its posted all over this site. respect it and use it, learn the game mechanics and appreciate what makes your job unique.

this game is a program based on formulas and random number generators. you guys are always looking at its from the end product and not as a developer. there are concepts and everything i read seems to me lacks understand of that. there is also a time factor, we need new content to kill. we dont need to be wasting our time fixing shit that isnt broken.

i dont even want to type anymore. this is rather pointless as i will write a book and it will be TLDR, so im just going to say this.

dont just look at your friend(s) who quit and thier reasons.

this game is population has been dying over long period of time. Mainly because your exampled reasoning. s.e has given in to the newer generation of mmos and the (smaller) playerbase who are the only one giving feedback because they are upset. players who enjoy the game are 80% less likely to compliment s.e for a good update than a compliant. only ppl who come and give them feedback are those who are upset. i find most posts are from players, dont truly experience game content to the fullest.

btw the game is now down 50% at least because of these reasons. each of them picking away at the playerbase. most of them would of still be playing. would they want change. but they wouldnt have quit for game reasons.

salvage bans, when Wotg content was crap and slow on updates, then we got lol mini expansion, then server merged pissed alot of ppl off, then abyssea ERASED all end game content previous to that, then s.e repaired it, with neo events. then ERASED IT with SOA, delve is ridicoulously easy and the reward system was nice til they gave 70k per win.

any ffxi enthusiast was done and bored with all the soa content by sept. lol what does s.e care, when they ahve already mention thier goal is to make both 14 and 11 playable at the same time. where you can get content done to play both.

anyways, job balance. you are taking what i said too far. no s.e doesnt favor jobs, the playerbase does. it may look like it, however s.e makes the jobs to thier niches and you can choose to play them as there are built. the same iwth the content. s.e make the battle content and playerbase choose the play them as they see fit.

this is why s.e has to turn down and test every idea to the limits they have set. for example i said in my other posts.

im tired it 6am i finish my thoughts another time as im falling asleep.
    (2)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    also i just wanna say not all those idea were bad, was just using an example. like job ability delay. it is the biggest issue that needs to addressed

and i have ghorn/harp. brd rotations are not difficult at all nor are cor rotations. what is the issue i just dont get it. lol

as a leader of a delve linkshell, i find communication between the two players during such rotations is the issue not the job.
    (1)
    Last edited by Feary; 03-06-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    also i just wanna say not all those idea were bad, was just using an example. like job ability delay. it is the biggest issue that needs to addressed

and i have ghorn/harp. brd rotations are not difficult at all nor are cor rotations. what is the issue i just dont get it. lol

as a leader of a delve linkshell, i find communication between the two players during such rotations is the issue not the job.
    I never said brd/cor rotations are hard, infact my shell uses them too since years. the issue about this rotations are, that you superbuff an ally with only 2 jobs, which leaves other jobs out. By erasing rotations (hence songs/rolls droping instantly you leave the pt) you create a need for other jobsas debuffers/buffers to fill in the gaps.

Most of the imbalance we have seen come the last few years started allways with [Insert: job] getting buffed out the wazoo with brd/cor rotations, later iterations added PD. PD alone wouldnt have been so overpowered if it werent have been with the combination of brd/cor rotations and embrava, because brd/cor rotations actually made it possible for people to kill the mob before PD wore off. this led to some very disturbing game designs later on (see Legion, albeit the non PD version just uses stun rotation, see when Arch-dynamis-lord was first introduced).
    (3)
    Last edited by Damane; 03-07-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast