Returning player: Addon-Pack Question

Hellos!

Returning player here... and a little....

BACKSTORY:
    First account i had WHM68/others40's, quit for a while... lost the characters and account info BLAAAAAAAAH.

Current Account:
    Name: Heavens
    Jobs: RDM 62, BLM 40, Pup 30-40ish? (LOVE PUP)
    Server: Asura
    Linkshell: Sadly None (looking for a home)

Never did endgame stuff, had a few friends that played and got the AF, did some CoP, minor parts of Zilart, and only did some Campaigns for Wotg (yeah i missed out on a lot! BOOO!)

So i did some research and saw that it was pretty much a MUST to get the Abyssea stuffs if i want to go anywhere. So here are my questions:

1. Do i need the other add-on packs for this?
    Note: I never really did maze mongers, or any of that stuff... missed out on a lot.
    2. Would i need to purchase all three abyssea packs?
    3. What level range does it start (for xp, xp parties, etc)
    4. Can i solo on the pup with Abyssea content?'
    5. Add anything else you'd like to know.. please add!

Thanks all!!
    (0)

Character
    Phoenyyx
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    1. I'd recommend gettin' all the expansions and add-ons. Try gettin' the Ultimate Collection from Steam for cheap.
    2. Yes. You'll have to have access to all 9 Abyssea areas to get Shinryu access, and if you want all your EAF pieces.
    3. You can enter Abyssea at lv30, but you won't be doin' much except opening treasure caskets until at least lv75.
    4. Depends on what you're after. I don't have PUP leveled, but I'd imagine you'd still want a WHM with you. PUP and WHM could probably duo a lot of stuff.
    5. Even if you're not goin' to jump right in to Abyssea content, do all the quests early on so you can get your traverser stone count buildin'.
    a. One of your early goals should be gettin' all of the celerity, merit, furtherance, sojourn and avarice abyssites. Probably in that order.
    b. If you don't have an LS, you'll probably have to rely on /shout parties for zone bosses and other things. Hang out in Port Jeuno and you'll see plenty.
    (0)

Wow! Thanks for such a thorough and prompt response! I just went to steam and got the key for the three addons for $10 and applied it to my current ID... brilliant. Got all 3 packs with it.

Anxious and excited to see Abyssea now!
    (0)