Sephiran

Race:
    Hume M

World:
    Bahamut

Main Job:
    PLD

Support Job:
    WHM (People will make fun of me for admitting that now...)

Area and Coordinates:
    Cirdas Caverns [U], Foret Fracture

Party or Solo:
    I was with an alliance of nine. We wanted to try out the new scaling mechanisms of Delve and get Dakuwaqa clear for those who needed it. We were doing pretty good too. The scaling is nice.

At the time I was solo holding him. I wanted to give my buddies a chance to do their corsair rolls and bard songs while I ate the first Marine Mayhem, since it's no danger to me. That's when it happened.

NPC Name:
    Dakuwaqa, Fugacious Toad, Fugacious Toad

(The toads linked as I pulled him. They aren't too tough so I held them too.)

Monster Name:
    Dakuwaqa, Fugacious Toad, Fugacious Toad

(The toads linked as I pulled him. They aren't too tough so I held them too.)

Steps:
    As I said, I was holding Dakuwaqa with the two toads. Everything was going good. I saw Carcharian Verve coming so I slipped on my Aegis and got ready for Marine Mayhem. As you know, Marine Mayhem only deals damage and not instant death when you're under five yalms away from the boss. Since I was the only target and in auto-attack range, I was certainly in the safe area for the move. (I had repulse mantle on too so I know I didn't get knocked back into no-man's land.)

Yet I still died with the message that I "fell to the ground"...followed by:

"Seph! What the hell happened?!"
    "You died! Why?"
    "You were in range!"
    "Do you have reraise?"

Then everybody panicked and that kinda ended our run.

I wanna take these nice people back in for another go when this issue is fixed. Thank you for your time.

If it helps at all, the glitch where Dakuwaqa's special moves are announced as, "Dakuwaqa readies .." was also displayed after I died.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sephiran; 02-23-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    From what I recall from the handful of times I've gone BLU, it is possible to be in auto-attack range of Dakuwaqa and still be just slightly too far away. He's counted as an "oversized" mob, casting and auto-attack distances are increased compared to normal/small mobs. Best bet is to lock on and run as far into him as you can, and then run back in as close as possible every time he does knockback. You'll probably be inside his head or body, but at least you won't eat a marine mayhem instant death.
    (1)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    His dorsal rockfin was impaled in my character model. I was still auto-attacking. I'm positive I was in range.
    (0)