Square, I need you to please help me understand the following story, because I don't get it.

Ok, so my both my RUN and DNC have decent gear. Decided to try something out tonight so I bought two Transcendent Scorpion pops and headed out to Ceizak. I want a fun solo class because I get stuck on COR in parties so it was a toss up between RUN and DNC. Just got a Crobaci +2 today for my RUN so I was feeling pretty cocky.

Dancer went first and was able to keep saber dance up most of the time because he would rarely remove a shadow unless it was a tp move. Took the whole twenty minutes but got him down to 32% before he depopped.

Next the RUN went. Buffed up, called my trusts, popped the Scorpion and proceeded to get the hell beat out of me. I managed to hang in there long enough to get him to 85% but he was landing at least 70% of his hits when Battuta was down.

I know DNC is a solo class but they have a B+ in Evasion, B in Parry, Tactical Parry I, and Evasion III. We have a A+ in Parry, B+ in Evasion, Tactical Parry III and Inquartata. Not to mention Battuta, Phalanx, etc...

Is the Evasion Bonus III that big of a difference? That it avoids more damage with a B+ rating than an A+ Parry, Tactical Parry and Inquartata can? I mean, this was not even a close draw between the two. At this point, there is just no way we can tank anything, just take away the tactical parry and give us some attack bonuses or something... or fix the parry mechanic.

I really love playing RUN but this kind of disappointed me. After +2ing the Great Sword today I had decided to let RUN be the job that I 119. I don't have time to do all of them as it stands, nor do I have the gil. I understand if everything is equal the DNC will outlive me because of the cures, it is a solo class, but it isn't anywhere close. Im getting smacked around on RUN and then eating popcorn while fighting it with DNC. Is there some type of mechanic I am not aware of? Why is my DNC avoiding so much more damage than RUN? Both were in Eminence and the same off pieces so I could keep them as equal as possible. Thoughts? Honestly I would rather you just give us more offensive ability and let us DD. We will never ever get a /yell over a PLD to tank so just let us DD. You guys put all this time into developing this class and its a complete waste, no one plays it. Currently as I am typing this there are 4 99 RUNs online, lol, all in Port Jueno.

Please Square, do something about this class. It is a fun class but it is completely and utterly useless in its current state. We can't DD, we can't tank, we have a couple of support abilities on long CDs. Why even bother creating the job?