Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Maybe he just doesn't trust his whms or schs. There are plenty of lacklustre healers out there. I know of one who goes afk during a fight and then leaves you wondering when/if they will ever come back. Or they afk without warning pre-pull. Granted they do have children and thus get child agro from time to time but even when they are there you might as well have a mule of someone who doesn't dual box very well because there isn't that much difference.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    this has to be a joke right? you kind of lost all credibility in my eyes. I dont see a reason why this should ever be used as a tanking RUN in party environment (which is the point of haveing a tank). And if your answer is to gain more hate via cures, than its megafail combined with tranquil heart.
    Where did I ever say use cures for hate?? Learn to read my post, my position are that cures enhance reliability, durability and survivability for run tanking. Nowhere did I say use cures as a hate tool, don't put words in my mouth.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Where did I ever say use cures for hate?? Learn to read my post, my position are that cures enhance reliability, durability and survivability for run tanking. Nowhere did I say use cures as a hate tool, don't put words in my mouth.
    /sam /nin /blu add the same and much more regarding durability. This assumes of course you have a healer that doesnt suck.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    /sam /nin /blu add the same and much more regarding durability. This assumes of course you have a healer that doesnt suck.
    Please enlighten me of how /sam increase your durability over /rdm /whm on run tanking?
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    I highly disagree, /rdm and /whm IMO are the best subs for RUN, although I prefer /rdm for the convert stack "Convert, /wait 1, Vivacious Pulse, /wait 1, Cure IV" with this stack you can execute a Convert with 900 to 1000 HP coming back to you.
    This is epic fail. RUN doesn't have enough native MP for convert to be at all effective. If you need MP have 3x tenebre up and use VP, it'll come back much faster then depleting your 1900~2000 HP pool to single digits to refill 400~600MP.

Those subs are situation specific only and not "the best subs" at all unless your only out there soloing stuff with your trust NPCs.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    This is epic fail. RUN doesn't have enough native MP for convert to be at all effective. If you need MP have 3x tenebre up and use VP, it'll come back much faster then depleting your 1900~2000 HP pool to single digits to refill 400~600MP.

Those subs are situation specific only and not "the best subs" at all unless your only out there soloing stuff with your trust NPCs.
    I dont know about that my mp pool is 775, not 400-600. Moreover doing the convert stack nets me back about 1000Hp with 700ish mp and with battuta going that's more than enough to execute safely
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    99 Elvann RUN/RDM has 2000 HP about 600MP with 15/15 HP merits (everyone in the game should have this now).

Since your /WHM or /RDM you have absolute sh!t healing magic skill so your cure IV's are going to be 500~600 HP vs the 800~900 they usually are. At 88 MP each you'll spend 300 (600HP cured) ~ 364 (500HP cured) MP to bring you back to full.

RUN should never ever be using convert. If your in a situation where your HP isn't full and you need MP, chances are that bringing you HP to ~30 will get you killed. If your not in danger of dieing then just use VP to restore ~200 MP and 200HP per use along with refresh.

Now stop pretending you know what the heck your talking about cause it's obvious you don't.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    99 Elvann RUN/RDM has 2000 HP about 600MP with 15/15 HP merits (everyone in the game should have this now).

Since your /WHM or /RDM you have absolute sh!t healing magic skill so your cure IV's are going to be 500~600 HP vs the 800~900 they usually are. At 88 MP each you'll spend 300 (600HP cured) ~ 364 (500HP cured) MP to bring you back to full.

RUN should never ever be using convert. If your in a situation where your HP isn't full and you need MP, chances are that bringing you HP to ~30 will get you killed. If your not in danger of dieing then just use VP to restore ~200 MP and 200HP per use along with refresh.

Now stop pretending you know what the heck your talking about cause it's obvious you don't.
    Obviously this is something you never did, convert stack is damn near instantaneous. I'm not going to go over the protections run can use to execute a convert stack again if you dont get it you just dont get it. You can just continue to fail at run/sam tanking and whine to the developers to remove the penalty of hasso and siegan just so your theory to tank with run could prevail. Otherwise, /rdm /whm are my favorite ways to tank and maintain mp and it allows me to do a pretty good job at it too. If you think you have some special tanking ways why don't you lay out your agrument, instead of typing epic fail If your argument is that run is a dd then that itself is a fail of epic proportions drk war sam says hello to you.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It would be real helpful if Rune Fencer's Artifact/Relic equipment get a boost of +enmity. It would ease my inventory space since I use 12 inventory space to macro swap for an enmity set. Also give us spell interruption rate!! Paladins don't have much problem in having their spells interrupted since they tend to block more damage than we could parry.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    It would be real helpful if Rune Fencer's Artifact/Relic equipment get a boost of +enmity. It would ease my inventory space since I use 12 inventory space to macro swap for an enmity set.
    Agreed.

It's weird for a tank job to only have Enmity+ on 1/10 pieces of JSE(AF/Relic.) Not only does it cause inventory issues, but swapping to non-Ilv pieces with no magic evasion and terrible def is a defensive concern.
    Sure, you just swap for a second on JA, but RUN uses a ton of JA.

And considering the adjustments to enmity gear, RUN needs enmity+ on their PDT/Tanking gear as well, to reduce enmity loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    Also give us spell interruption rate!! Paladins don't have much problem in having their spells interrupted since they tend to block more damage than we could parry.
    I'd think a job with 80% fast cast and native aquaveil wouldn't have too many issues with being interrupted. Barring tanking like 10~ mobs at once.
    (1)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast