Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Please nerf monk and samurai so other DDs can play

Since the developers appear to be allergic to the idea of boosting the power of other "DDs" like Beastmaster, Dragoon, Thief, Blue Mage and Black Mage - perhaps they will consider nerfing monk and Samurai?

Because, frankly, if my crummy pet that can barely hit the side of a barn is overpowered, DDs that can crap out massive weaponskills over and over are REALLY overpowered.

If something isn't done DDs other than Ranger, SAM and MNK will never be invited to real content, and frankly, that's boring.

I didn't ask for Ranger to be nerfed because now is the first time I've seen them be used in years.

Please consider. Thanks.

(Or you could, you know, boost the power of other jobs, but since you have a very warped idea of what will help them/think they are more powerful than they are/hate them, we know that will never happen - you didn't even give Dragoon and BST and PUP the max HP boost! Cause, you know, that would be overpowered!)
    (20)
    Last edited by Olor; 08-13-2014 at 03:28 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Rangers are the most broken job in the game at the minute. That's not really even talking about rangers, though, that's an enmity issue.

Let's not nerf, let's just actually get some balance in there. I remember when every other word was balance.
    (3)

A thousand likes. I'm really having to restrain myself not to start a very bitter rant thread.
    (3)

SE will never nerf SAM, it is their baby job.
    (10)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    They seem to love blue mages too, but they have no love for the furry.
    (0)

Player
    Blue mage spent a large amount of time in the toilet too, and please don't refer to pet jobs as furries...
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Since the developers appear to be allergic to the idea of boosting the power of other "DDs" like Beastmaster, Dragoon, Thief, Blue Mage and Black Mage - perhaps they will consider nerfing monk and Samurai?

Because, frankly, if my crummy pet that can barely hit the side of a barn is overpowered, DDs that can crap out massive weaponskills over and over are REALLY overpowered.

If something isn't done DDs other than Ranger, SAM and MNK will never be invited to real content, and frankly, that's boring.

I didn't ask for Ranger to be nerfed because now is the first time I've seen them be used in years.

Please consider. Thanks.

(Or you could, you know, boost the power of other jobs, but since you have a very warped idea of what will help them/think they are more powerful than they are/hate them, we know that will never happen - you didn't even give Dragoon and BST and PUP the max HP boost! Cause, you know, that would be overpowered!)

Oh great, DD QQ thread here it goes!

Seriously though, BLM isn't THAT bad after last skillchain dmg boost update, since BLM's output doesn't interrupt skill chains. It's also often used by JP in skirmish 3. Ppl doesn't /shout for BLM, because it's hard to find one to perform properly to be useful to begin with.

I don't think MNK need a nerf after recent HP boost for many jobs. It's biggest advantage is kinda gone. BLU just got a pretty big boost so I'm happy with that, and THF is still being used here and there for TH, if played properly it's not a bad DD for the utility it provides IMO.

IMO, the only DD job that needs a boost is jobs that can only perform as a DD, but unable to outparse SAM.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You are implicitly telling other players how to run their events. Go pound sand. If you want to bring your Beastmaster to something, run your own event. I have Monk and Samurai, but I usually don't use them unless I'm running the event. It's usually WHM or BRD or BLM.

Either level the desired job to get invites without dealing with the stresses of running events, or level the job you want and deal with the stress. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    (3)

Player
    I'm a huge advocate for buffs for pet jobs, and some of the other jobs, but the answer isn't to aim hate at other jobs. Tell them to fix things, not destroy things.

I absolutely disagree with the notion that jobs that 'can do other things' shouldn't be buffed to be competitive in other areas, though. The game doesn't revolve around those other things anymore.
    (4)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    You are implicitly telling other players how to run their events. Go pound sand. If you want to bring your Beastmaster to something, run your own event. I have Monk and Samurai, but I usually don't use them unless I'm running the event. It's usually WHM or BRD or BLM.

Either level the desired job to get invites without dealing with the stresses of running events, or level the job you want and deal with the stress. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    You are missing the point entirely. You should be allowed to play the job you want to play. The players that love the job mnk and sam are allowed to have their cake and eat it. People that love other jobs should be allowed the same. I am so tired of the argument, "oh just level another job." That is not the point.
    (11)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast