Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yeah I'm not sure if you could either. I came to limbus when dynamis started to die course this was also after sky had already died. Finished CoP after the caps were lifted and a in game friend said they had some slots for my husband and me in their limbus shell. Was never really into upgrading relic til they made the trials for them. Still haven't finished the one I have for my smn top. Yeah, fjamesfernandez I feel for you being in the same room for a week waiting for one nm has to be rough. My complaining about how long it was taking to get bugbear strongman to pop for my empy weapon pales in comparison for waiting for a ToA leader to pop for your mythic.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Relic upgrade to +1 used dynamis money and was done at the same npc as AF+1ing. So yes the same npc is now cockblocking.
    You could skip from NQ to +2 just using forgotten items and the moogles. Why the heck would I only ONLY be able to +2 my relic but nothing else? It's stupid.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Because before you could even +2 relic you could only +1 them via the same npc you +1ed AF how hard is that to understand? I'm surprised you didn't already have some of bst relic +1 already concerning there were parts that were very nice to have.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    So, I hadn't realized that relic reforges were also gated behind CoP progress until just now...

Please remove this requirement. I was really excited to play and work on reforging my relic equipment - finding out this is walled behind 300 cut scenes is really depressing and kills my will to play the game.

It's really unfair to lock unrelated content behind mission progress. I only have about 4-6 hours a week to play right now, so basically I'd have to spend all my time on cutscenes for weeks in order to actually work on improving my character. That's not fun.
    I tried fighting this fight, and, well, look at the first page of comments. This is what happens.

I completely agree with you and hope that SE listens, but I've given up on trying to discuss it here.

EDIT: Strange that I can post even though my account is no longer active... I would've figured I wouldn't be able to.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Guys it's cut scenes. You're not camping an NM for 2 weeks straight while doing nothing else or assembling a rigid alliance of skilled and strongly geared players. Just do it. You have to get rank 6 in one nation and beat most of the Zilart missions to get into the Ark Angel fights to get your seals (or spend more time farming sparks than it takes to get through CoP).

Olor you say "I only have 4-6 hours a week to play". Okay so where did you plan to get the time to farm the Rem's Chapters? Spend 2 of those hours each week and you'll be through it in 3 months. The relic reforge stuff will still be there. An MMO is all about the long haul, and if you really don't have time for a thing that doesn't take that much of it, you need to find another hobby.

Or just don't do the reforges and get some other kind of gear.

Frankly I wish they'd go in the other direction and require mission completion for more gear. Do something that actually incentives people to do this stuff so that people stuck on mission battlefields can actually find help.
    (10)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I hope new people will take the time to enjoy the COP ROTZ TOAU WOTG SOA mission series which are a core part of the game's storyline, and unlock rewards for partial or total completion.

I hope SE ignore this idea and stop changing FFXI from the storyline-based game it was into just another arcade kill-mobs-grab-gear type of game. The storylines are all related to Vanadiel, and you are an adventurer travelling through Vanadiel, not a shopper filling your trolley with stuff and just paying for it.
    I just want to point out that by having this requirement they are doing the exact opposite. By forcing/requiring someone to do content they otherwise wouldn't do at the time the player is less likely to 'take their time' or enjoy it at all, and much more likely to speed through it with their mind set on the goal rather than the path in which to obtain it. By requiring players to do CoP people can feel pressured to do it and get it over with rather than do it at their leisure if they are interested in it, and thus, leaving them to enjoy it if they so choose.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    I just want to point out that by having this requirement they are doing the exact opposite. By forcing/requiring someone to do content they otherwise wouldn't do at the time the player is less likely to 'take their time' or enjoy it at all, and much more likely to speed through it with their mind set on the goal rather than the path in which to obtain it. By requiring players to do CoP people can feel pressured to do it and get it over with rather than do it at their leisure if they are interested in it, and thus, leaving them to enjoy it if they so choose.
    This. Thank you. That's what people don't seem to be understanding - I was doing CoP - but I was doing it on my own time, when I was in the mood for it, or it was late and I didn't want to commit to much. It becomes immeasurably less enjoyable to do storyline content when it's being shoved down your throat.

I don't understand why people are hell bent on making the game less enjoyable for others. This puritan attitude of "you should play the game the way I think is best" is really irritating.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    If it is indeed possible to upgrade the relic armour to +1 and +2 without Chains of Promathia progress (I can't remember/verify), I don't see why it should be required for the level 99 stages.
    Upgrading relic armor to +1 requires Rare/Ex drops from Dynamis areas that require progress through CoP 3-5 to access.

Whether or not you can actually complete the upgrade without further mission progress, however, someone else will have to answer.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    +1 may not be possible without CoP, but +2 is.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    +1 may not be possible without CoP, but +2 is.
    With the login events its possible to upgrade a lot of relic to +2 without even ever entering dynamis.

Anyway, I am just looking for more options for folks like me to get some up-to-date job specific gear without a ridiculous block in the way. I was really looking forward to looking like a bst again. As soon as I found out I was blocked from further progress... well I haven't logged on since. It's really killed my joy in the game.
    (2)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast