Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Why do people care about arguing against this?

If you liked and did CoP this has no impact on you, if you didn't like it and never did it then this change could let them do new content on main or mules without the hassle of doing boring cut-scenes with no battle content. Someone new that wants to experience this stuff doesn't need to be made to do it, it's a silly req that exists for no reason.

Some of you people argue just to argue.
    Because it's forums! *Starts an arguement with you!
    (0)

Player

If you liked and did CoP this has no impact on you, if you didn't like it and never did it then this change could let them do new content on main or mules without the hassle of doing boring cut-scenes with no battle content. Someone new that wants to experience this stuff doesn't need to be made to do it, it's a silly req that exists for no reason.

CoP isn't a requirement - it's an option, just as reforging AF isn't a requirement. It's an option as well.

Besides, any sane human being would want the ring at the end - Tamas and Rajas are still incredibly relevant, and Rajas is literally a staple for every melee DD, period.

Most jobs don't require reforged AF to function at all.. and if people can't be bothered to do CoP, and experience FFXI's greatest tale, why should they have the ability to reforge everything? It's all about options, and whether or not you're willing to put in the time and effort to get them; you obviously count among the players that want to exert zero effort and still have everything handed to you.
    (6)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    CoP is extremely simple now.
    I had a new character which I wanted the ring on (as Arbalest said above Raja's is a STAPLE ring for DDs) so I set out to do CoP and it took a total of about 12 hours of play time to do, maybe a little longer. But! with Home Point warping, Voidwatch Warping, and all the other awesome little things we have now to move around the world quickly it literally cuts the time to a fraction. Nothing is capped anymore so and level 99 with sparks gear can destroy every battle field. Plus CoP is a PIVITOL story point for this game. If you do not want to do the missions and learn about the world you are most likely in the wrong game. This is not just some hack and slash RPG, it is a Final Fantasy game which means Killer Stories!
    okay rant over .-.
    (5)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbalest View Post
    CoP isn't a requirement - it's an option, just as reforging AF isn't a requirement. It's an option as well.
    This is what I have been saying on and on. Someone who really doesn't want to do COP doesn't have to. They can just use Skirmish or Delve or Sparks or Bayld gear.

Crevox has also separately complained about having to progress through Zilart missions to do the Ark Angel fights, and having to progress through Wings of the Goddess to obtain Cait Sith. It's cherry picking, deciding that some content shouldn't be required for the simple reason of "I don't want to do it". I hate Delve. I have yet to see any proponent of this change explain to me why, for example, I should have to beat Tojil to get Oatixurs.
    (0)

ITT: CoP is hard.

wait til these people go to get their moonshade earrings <.<

i guess i don't actually CARE, it just seems like a really silly thing to complain about. though i guess one could always take the "waste of dev time" stance that pretty much covers anything they don't personally want
    (2)

Character
    Annataru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    You can skip it if you use more papers, for the 109 version.
    no, the npc that does the reforging is involved in COP and you must have done the questline to access her services.
    (0)
    janethetaru

Character
    Annataru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Remove cop requirements? No. Play the game. You have to do COP because they used a COP NPC for the armor reforging. Deal with it. Doing the missions is part of the game. In fact, it's the point of the game in the eyes of the developers, they worked very hard on that story line and for you to not play it simply because it's old is insulting. I played from 2003-2007, until my linkshell leader (who had my info because i was guild banker) got my galka banned for RMT while I was deployed. They didn't have the notarized form option then and I had changed banks twice and couldn't provide enough info to restore him, by the time they had the notarized form, he had been deleted. I came back just before abyssea launched. The first thing i did after LB's was rank 6 for dyna, zilart missions for sky, then rank 10, then COP. I'm currently doing TOAU missions.
    Take a deep breath, and remember it's not all about the rat race. Slow down and enjoy the game. COP is a snap now. It was soloable at 75 when they removed the level caps a long time ago, now at lvl 99 with ilvl gear and trust npcs? give me a break. It's just walking around. Go enjoy the wonderful storylines and beautiful scenery.
    (0)
    janethetaru

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Consensus seems to be against this idea.
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Why are you still visiting the forums to argue with people when you quit the game? You have a mothercrystal sized chip on your shoulder for some reason, and you just wont let it go, and stop whining here. I'm sure the OP can fight his/her own battles.

Also, on topic: funny story- I just recently completed CoP for the 2nd time, this time on my mule. Part of me wanted to do the story again, and the other part wanted to get my mule the Rajas because if I wanted to use him for anything, i would need it.

I thoroughly enjoyed doing CoP again. It wasn't as fun as the first time with the level caps and the static group, but still very enjoyable. OP, I feel for you because you stopped doing it when you got frustrated, and likely spammed enter key through all the dialogue, and havent taken the time to enjoy the story. Now you are half way through and it's a pain to go back and watch all the cutscenes. But honestly 5-3 is the last really long mission. 8-2 and 8-3 are not all that fun but at least you are nearing the end of the tunnel at that point. Just do it rather than asking on here for it to be done for you, right? It would take a couple of days max to finish it off.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ramzi; 08-27-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17