Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

RDM / BLU double standard

RDM and BLU should be comparable. Yet I cannot think of one thing my RDM can do that my BLU can't do better except cast stoneskin. As the only current use for RDM requires cheating software to gear swap before people will invite you to use your job, it behooves you to come up with something for RDM to do.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Rdm Phalanx kicks the crap out of Blu's Phalanx, but, Phalanx isn't a terribly relevant thing these days, it was, once upon a time, Rdm debuffs better than Blu, but none of the debuffs are terribly notable either. Rdm has more MP control than Blu, but again, not really a necessity, and Bards do it better.
    (1)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    If you must, why not just look at RDM as the BLU hard mode? When you want to be a bit more challenged. But alass, Do you remember the time when RDM was a preferred tank? Or how Refresh was self targeted? Or how about when RDM had flash? The list goes on. Yes I agree with you, RDM should actually be just another BLU, but it seem that SE wanted it to be an enfeebling/enhancing king. But these abilities aren't truly needed in these new ages, unless you wanna go back to fighting a single mob for 5 minutes at a time for a little over 100 exp.

Long story short, I'm in agreeance that RDM needs an overhaul.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

RDM uses Multi-macro flow to proper equip cap fascast and beyond!

you dont need cheat bs topro rdm it take mastering the macro flow of game. a rdm need have access to macro bars needed in any situation called predictive macro flow:
    here is an example of cap fascast utsusemi shadows with the -10% bead neck for rdm/nin :
    on main attack row as well as all 10 rows using ctrl-1 to equip the main gears 5/5 of fastcast needed then ctrl-2 and ctrl-3 are both identical accessories needed to cap
    fascast and add the -10% neck (both ctrl-2-3 on last line will have room for the /MA for casting NI and ITCHI. ive used this method to max rdm from day 1 and is needed mainly at endgame once have gear that can be maxed. i do same for enfeebles with a MAC macro that makes sure all gear to reach 500+ enfeeble will equip. rdm is broken but not in the ability to macro flow. it needs DIA 4 , haste II for DDing and hasting others comparable to other jobs which killed RDM. dispelga is NEEDed to remove 3 buff 1 cast. JA called ENDOW (5 min timer) to be able to AOE for first time the gain-spells on others under COMPOSURE effect giving over 2 min of stat boost to all. ALSo spell DUELaga a 2nd aoe to fix rdm from being 100% unwanted. a decent AOE attack boost to entire party in AOeffect. under composure this would last decent and being skill based on how long it will last as haste, etc . this isnt asking much for rdm so killed over the years/ and easier than se having to think on how make these mobs needing rdm. better to give rdm a small edge to compete 1/3 at least with other buff jobs that have killed rdm from ever being a DD as rdm/nin (needing hasteII and DUELaga) at least or why BRING RDM ever? that is the reason rdm sleeping in coffin daily. it the walking dead job!!!!! somone pass this crap on im about kill my rdm before i KILLS ME!! im so depressed after 11 years i think game is making me sick !! haah if your RDM main.. how could you not be sick is the main point!!. help a rdm out from a fate worse than DEATH!!!! i am the walking DEAD!!
    (1)
    Last edited by shantaru; 02-26-2014 at 07:16 AM.